You Know You're A Mom (or Dad) When....

Options

Replies

• mrssmith636
    mrssmith636 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    "When you are able to talk on he phone with so much commotion going on in the background and the person talking to you asks if you have to go... When in reality you don't even hear it because you have learned to tune it all out Love this one!!! That happens to me all the time."

Love this one!! happens to me all the time.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    this just happened to me... My 3 year old stormed in the bathroom to give me snuggles and tell me she loved me. After she left I was reveling in the sweetness but then remembered that most people can actually use the bathroom alone and would find snuggles in the bathroom quite weird.

Lets see.... youve spit cleaned a face. I hated when my mom did it to me but sometimes you gotta!
  • Simmie69
    Options
    When the phone rings and you start singing the Wonder Pets theme song. The phone, the phone is ringing. Lol.
    Priceless
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    When you are at the store and you reach in your pocket for change and you pull out a pacifier.

You go to the fridge and find a toy car.

You find the milk in the pantry and the cereal in the fridge

You figure out no matter how cool your truck is, your Mr Cool days are over when you have a car seat in it.

You pick up your kid from day care on your motorcycle and you ride by the playground so your son can wave at his buddies

You accidentally let a dirty word slip and then you hear it being echoed behind you! (oops)

You are walking around at work singing the Veggie Tales song aloud
  • kaithenderson
    Options
    when your child gets more baths than you do.
    when you find yourself sshhing your hubby noy the baby.
    when youre covered in some bodily function everyday
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    -When you can be the favorite at home and completely worthless once you go to Grandma and Grandpa's house
    -When you tell your friends "nigh night" instead of good night.
    -When your first reaction when someone bumps their face is "you broke my smolder" (Tangled) or if you hear someone say pretty please your mind jumps to "the physical appearence of the please will not make a difference" (Despicable Me)
    -When graham crackers, dry cereal, pretzels, and anything else available become "cookies" for the toddler making a scene.
    -When you can't have a conversation without bringing up you child
    -If you have ever yelled "No don't poop in the tub!"
    -When you get a kiss from the boogery & tear covered toddler who finally calmed down from the boo-boo that they got and you are more than happy to get it.
    -When you can understand the gibberish that comes out of their mouths while everyone else just says "huh"
    -If you have ever taken a cart in the grocery store to get 2 things just because they wanted a ride.
    -If your heart has melted when you get home from work at the sound of little feet running over saying "mommy i missed you!"
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    When you find bites gone out of english muffins you have laid out by the toaster during breakfast prep..."But, Mommy, I was HUNGRY!"

When you have rock scratches on the door of your mini-van "cause I was mad at you", then find more squiggly scratches on top of it later "cause I wrote I was sorry and I love you."

When all your kids grow up, and you celebrate your freedom, until you need accept your grandkids into your life to adopt and raise as your own because one of your adult children just couldn't.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Saw this on the FlyLady website and thought it would fit perfectly here!

IF YOU GIVE A MOM A MUFFIN
    If you give a mom a muffin, she'll want a cup of coffee to go with it. She'll pour herself some. Her three-year-old will spill the coffee. She'll wipe it up. Wiping the floor, she will find dirty socks. She'll remember she has to do laundry. When she puts the laundry in the washer, she'll trip over boots and bump into the freezer. Bumping into the freezer will remind her... she has to plan supper. She will get out a pound of hamburger. She'll look for her cookbook. The cookbook is sitting under a pile of mail. She will see the phone bill, which is due tomorrow. She will look for her checkbook. The checkbook is in her purse that is being dumped out by her two-year-old. She'll smell something funny. She'll change the two-year-old. While she is changing the two-year-old the phone will ring. Her five-year-old will answer and hang up. She'll remember that she wants to phone a friend to come for coffee. Thinking of coffee will remind her that she was going to have a cup. She will pour herself some. And chances are, if she has a cup of coffee, her kids will have eaten the muffin that went with it.
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    When your purse has become replaced with lil toys instead of lipstick!!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    When your daughter pokes you in the stomache with her finger and asks: "Daddy, do you have a baby in there"?
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    When your youngest becomes old enough to drive & you start planning meals for just your husband & you because this child is never home for dinner anymore.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    ...when you know ALL and I mean ALL the words to EVERY Disney Channel show ever aired since 2007.
    ...when said shows becomes more interesting to watch than CSI, NCIS, Law and Order, and Myth Busters

sigh my life is ruined
  • DreamiJeani
    Options
    Whenyour son brings you your running shoes and keys, mostly tolerates a nice long (8 miles today) run, and you're so proud of him for being patient that you drag your tired butt to the San Diego zoo for more hills and walking right after finishing.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    When the phone rings and you start singing the Wonder Pets theme song. The phone, the phone is ringing. Lol.

I do this all the time!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Two more!

When your 3 year old stands behind you and says "She said don't release that tricep Mom! It makes Jillian ANGRY."

When you've actually eaten a meal in the shower, because it was the only way to get both a shower and food - in peace.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    I became acutely aware of the amazing gift of being a mother when my son came home from Iraq after a year-long deployment and I got to see the man he had become.

this one is my favorite!

when you know more Spanish from watching dora then from taking classes in high school....

Oh, and when you don't understand what your kids are saying because it's in Spanish, and you decide that you need to watch more Dora!
  • Mandarz
    Mandarz Posts: 50 Member
    Options

OMG... me too!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    When going to the bathroom you sit a little longer just to get some peace and quiet. I find myself doing that often and I take big relaxing deep breath! LOL

My child comes with me and shouts wee wee at the top of her voice! There's no getting away haha

Oh goodness..... because we are potty training my daughter, she thinks that you apparently need to hold hands when sitting - she doesn't realize we're just doing that to her in public so she doesn't fall in or touch the seat. So if she manages to get into the bathroom when I'm in there she insists on holding my hands so I don't fall in and then periodically says "done now mommy?" :laugh:
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    ---You think "turn off the television" when you hear whistling (Ed, Edd, & Eddy)
    ---When you see Lemon Yellow, Florescent Green, Vivid Purple, and Red and think of your four children on vacation who each had a Teletubby and for the entire vacation they were called by their color.
    ---Looking at an empty dinner table and wishing they were sitting there so much your stomach hurts
    ---Furbies
    ---GameBoys
    ---Bicycles
    ---Scooters
    ---Candy for 4

I miss those kids..they are grown now. I miss the sleepy reader, the math whiz, the spelling cheerer, and the singer/sport.
  • CHEFCH♥ZZ
    Options
    when youre watching nick and your kid isnt even home!!