If you were pressed to offer just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE . . .

Options

Replies

• AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Don't diet. Change your ways.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    A lifestyle change has to start by getting it right in your head
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself !
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Learn as much as you can about nutrition and what a healthy diet actually involves. Understanding your body and what it needs is really important when you're trying to lose weight. I've had the best success when I actually feel like I know what I'm doing, not just eating this or drinking that bc someone told me it would help me lose weight.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Stop making excuses, stop wasting time trying to get the perfect "theory crafting". Get up and move it!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Never give up.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Be CONSISTENT.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Read labels. Don't just look at the calories....look at the serving size. Who knew that bag of chips you ate with your sandwich should really be split between 3 people?
  • bloodguilt
    Options
    If you were pressed to offer just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE to someone seeking to lose weight, what would it be?

Don't cheat! Just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE per post.

Here's mine: if you drink alcohol or fruit juice, cut it down to one glass per week. :smile:

Change your mindset, eating habits and lifestyle because our mental attitude is the most important part of staying fit and healthy.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Every person is different- don't gauge your success in comparison to how other people are progressing.
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Find a gym buddy!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Take your time. This is not a race.
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    ninerbuff's advise is what I would say too, but considering thats taken Ill go with....

good thoughts equal a good future so think possitive and good things will happen
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Do it for yourself and yourself alone.
  • kschmi24
    kschmi24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Drink one or two cups of water before you eat any main meals. The water might make you start to get full sooner, preventing overeating. It works for me anyway.

This is especially helpful if you are going to be eating out, where it is hard to estimate calories and the portion sizes are usually huge. Drink two cups of water, order that big sloppy burrito (hold the cheese ;) ) and you might find you only eat a half of it. Still not something you want to do all of the time, but if you find yourself in a situation where healthy food is not available, this may help keep your calories, fats, carbs, and proteins in check.
  • pjjlady
    Options
    Eat less calories than you burn.

Ditto. It's the only thing that makes logical sense in the long run.
  • katy4399
    katy4399 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It took you longer than a week to gain the weight and it will take longer than a week to lose it.
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    If you fall, pick yourself up - you don't have to stay down.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Be completley honest with yourself in the terms of calories in/calories out. It Makes you accountable for your actions/choices.
  • richied26
    richied26 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    dont give up!