If you were pressed to offer just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE . . .

Options

Replies

• Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Whether you are feeling discouraged or good about your progress, I think it is a great idea to periodically re-read the sections of your profile where you outlined the reasons you want to get in shape, and your inspirations.

Doing this will help to re-invigorate you with determination to see this journey through. If you have Christ in your life, remember that He will finish any work He starts in you, as long as you are faithful to Him. Remember that we are all works-in-progress and change doesn't come immediately. Celebrate the milestones you reach and notice how far you have come since you started
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Log EVERYTHING.. even if that means it's over the caloric daily intake. You wont die and it'll really open your eyes..

Also, don't try the cinnamon challenge.. you'll taste cinnamon in the back of your throat for about half a week.
  • TotalTiger
    Options
    This is your journey not anyone elses so don't let other people's criticisms or opinions get in the way of what works for you.
  • JustKat2020
    JustKat2020 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So many good tips but here's one I didn't see that helps me: brush and floss right after dinner to avoid late night snacking.
  • Dellenreina
    Dellenreina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how slowly you move as long as you don't stop!
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    Set yourself small achievable goals and once you reach them...set some more
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily... NO EXCUSES
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I didn't read every post so I'm sure this has already been posted but this is mine:

Be Consistent!
  • peachesop
    Options
    Never lose sight of your motivation because that will be the one thing to pull you through any temptation
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Wear sunscreen?
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Love yourself.
  • skgilbert57
    Options
    Never give up!
  • coloschick
    Options
    My advice to you would to track whatever you eat, good or bad, and make sure that you enter it in your MFP. Just be honest with what you eat. Sometimes if you overeat, you may choose to not enter it. I enter every single thing I eat. I think this is helpful.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale. You're probably underestimating what you're actually eating.

Ditto!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself the first month.
  • miller0438
    miller0438 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Dont expect fast results.......dont get discouraged when it takes longer than you hoped.
  • ameyer410
    Options
    You can't truly change your body by getting on the elliptical and reading US Weekly for 20 minutes a day, 3 days a week. Get thin, but get FIT and athletic while doing so.
  • unicorn19girl
    unicorn19girl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Don't start out at 1200 calories...eat more so that you can lower as you go. When you start out on a VLCD there aren't many options to lose the last few pounds.
  • cindycoley19
    cindycoley19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Be consistent with counting calories and exercise