Apple Cider Vinegar and Virgin Coconut Oil

Options

Replies

• lac5454
    Options
    bump
  • wendinbill
    Options
    I'm a big fan of coconut oil. I have Lupus, and I've been told it helps fight inflammation. I like it in smoothies!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I have a fresh, unopened bottle of ACV unfiltered organic etc. Unfortunately, my aging grip isn't strong enough to open it. Too bad, cause if I drink it my arthritis could get better. Guess I'll have to call for a young, hot guy to help me out....
    :smokin:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I have a fresh, unopened bottle of ACV unfiltered organic etc. Unfortunately, my aging grip isn't strong enough to open it. Too bad, cause if I drink it my arthritis could get better. Guess I'll have to call for a young, hot guy to help me out....
    :smokin:
    Lol worse then one of them plastic cutters thay require plastic cutters to open
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Vitacost has Bragg's Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar -- 32 fl oz for $4.45 and
    Nutiva Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil -- 54 fl oz - $24.41
    Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil -- 15 fl oz - $9.00

If you are a new customer you can take $10 of any $10 purchase.

http://www.vitacost.com/Referee?wlsrc=rsReferral&ReferralCode=90219113

I KNEW I was getting ripped off. I got my quart of Bragg's at my small local nutrition store and paid $6.99 for it.
    Those *kitten*!!! (remembering Kenny) :wink:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I am doing the ASV, Saigon Cinnamon, and bee pollen granules right now. Two times a day. Been doing this for almost 3 weeks and have noticed a HUGE change in my eating habits, my stomach, and NO MORE ACID REFLUX! Also, energy levels near superhuman levels!

12oz filtered water
    1 heaping teaspoon bee pollen granules
    1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with The Mother
    1/2 teaspoon Saigon Cinnamon

Stir it for 30-45 seconds and let sit for 5 minutes to give it time to dissolve some. Stir for another 30-45 seconds then drink.

Does it taste great? No. Does it taste terrible? No. All I know is next week I get my cholesterol tested. It was at 191, we will see what it is next week!

A few years ago, I told my doctor I was going to try ACV to lower my cholesterol and triglycerides. He said, go ahead, but it won't work. And it didn't. I took it for nearly 6 months that time around. I am going to start again, hoping on hope it will help me drop some pounds and help with some other maladies I have developed. If you go to some of the homeopathic web sites there are all kinds of testimonials on ACV. If you can believe what they say, ACV cures literally everything! Oh, it did get rid of my heartburn and acid reflux almost immediately. This little voice in the back of my head.. if it sounds too good to be true.... :huh:
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I take the coconut oil a couple of times a week and I use when I cook stir fries, it's adds a lovely flavour to Asian cooking.
    I've never tried ACV but if it revs up your metabolism I'm interested, lol!
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    Very interesting about the coconut oil helping your underactive thyroid. I was just diagnosed with this last month. I'll have to research this a little more.

I've only used ACV to treat sinus infections and it works like magic. Mix 8oz water with 2tbsp ACV and 1tbsp honey. I have also heard it's bad for you teeth but brushing your teeth with baking soda after drinking it helps.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    saving this to read for later ~ I drink Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar for leg cramps. Just started about a week ago & it seems to help! :drinker:

This is because of the potassium in the vinegar. If you track potassium in your diary and ensure that you get close to the daily recommended allowance, you should not have a problem with leg cramps anymore.

I wish it were that easy. I take potassium supplements daily in addition to a high potassium diet; I exceed the amount recommended daily. When I was hospitalized last year for diverticulitis, it was discovered that I have a potassium deficiency. While I was in the hospital they were giving me IV potassium & it kept blowing my veins to where I developed blood clots. I've had to track my daily intake and with all of the extra stuff I take, it still runs on the low side when I have blood work done. I have seen 4 different Dr's and not one of them can figure out why my levels are so low. I drink 2 tbsp of the Braggs 3 times a day, and it helps make the cramps less severe. I still have them, but they are not as bad as they were before drinking the vinegar.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm curious to know, has your condition led to hypertension?

No, although high blood pressure runs in my family, I have been very fortunate on that front. My BP usually runs about 120/70, even at my heaviest 60 lbs ago!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely curious to see if the ACV works! I just ordered a couple bottles from Puritan's Pride (raw, organic ACV). They're running a special right now where you buy 1 botttle, get 1 free for $5.99 and free shipping.

Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out...

http://www.puritan.com/apple-cider-vinegar-567/organic-apple-cider-vinegar-033771

DAMN! I wish I had seen this before! I ordered Braggs and it was about $12 just for shipping!

Not sure where you live, but I buy my Braggs at The Vitamin Shoppe and it's about $5 a bottle. :flowerforyou:
  • annacham
    annacham Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • lilsis10
    lilsis10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    **bump**
  • BiancaC73
    BiancaC73 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump for reading it later.
  • akbatchelder
    Options
    Hi! I was just wondering how you were using the coconut oil? For sauteeing etc,. instead of olive oil?
  • pampowell5
    pampowell5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, I use both Bragg's apple cider vinegar and Nutiva Coconut oil. I am noticing major differences in my clothes, they are getting too big. :)
  • pampowell5
    pampowell5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How long did it take to notice a difference?
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

A few years ago, I told my doctor I was going to try ACV to lower my cholesterol and triglycerides. He said, go ahead, but it won't work. And it didn't. I took it for nearly 6 months that time around. I am going to start again, hoping on hope it will help me drop some pounds and help with some other maladies I have developed. If you go to some of the homeopathic web sites there are all kinds of testimonials on ACV. If you can believe what they say, ACV cures literally everything! Oh, it did get rid of my heartburn and acid reflux almost immediately. This little voice in the back of my head.. if it sounds too good to be true.... :huh:
    [/quote]

Make sure it's the organic, unfiltered ACV. If you were using it before and using the kind you use in your kitchen, it won't work... :-)
  • nwickart82
    nwickart82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • meyamma
    Options
    What is AVC? I would like totry it, How do you use it ,and how much of the Coconut water do you dring a day??Thanks for the advice!!!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am doing the ASV, Saigon Cinnamon, and bee pollen granules right now. Two times a day. Been doing this for almost 3 weeks and have noticed a HUGE change in my eating habits, my stomach, and NO MORE ACID REFLUX! Also, energy levels near superhuman levels!

12oz filtered water
    1 heaping teaspoon bee pollen granules
    1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with The Mother
    1/2 teaspoon Saigon Cinnamon

Stir it for 30-45 seconds and let sit for 5 minutes to give it time to dissolve some. Stir for another 30-45 seconds then drink.

Does it taste great? No. Does it taste terrible? No. All I know is next week I get my cholesterol tested. It was at 191, we will see what it is next week!

I was intrigued by your post and went to learn more about bee pollen granules. An hour and about $20 later, I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail!!!!

I would just like to say I got my cholesterol tests back after going to the doctor's this morning.

Was 191, now 179.
    Weight was: 200, now 185
    Waist was: 37in, now 35.5in