• tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi Nate

I'm 5'11" and 149 lbs - What is the best way for me to lose the last 10 lbs around my legs and hips? I'm a Vegan and have been trying to lose this weight for years, I do regular exercise, running, strength training, boxing etc and i eat a healthy diet. I have been following MFP for almost a week (keeping to my 1500 calories but eating back some of the calories i burn off with exercise).
    What are the key factors to losing the last few stubborn pounds? Thanks :o) - Fay

P.S I'm seriously thinking about becoming a health and fitness instructor :o)
  • miller0438
    miller0438 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Nate thanks so much for taking your time to help us :) My question is Im such a classic apple shape with my belly being my problem area, is there anything I can do to reshape my body? I would love to one day look great in a bikini I just started jogging and do the 30 day shred with one rest day a week. Thanks again
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much.
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Nate,
    Thanks for offering your services. I know that we are keeping you busy here on MFP. Sorry if I missed this question/someone else already asked this question.

What is the best way to figure out a proper/healthly caloric intake. Is the Benedict-Harris formula best or should one just stick to the basic 2000 calorie plan?

I weight 273 currently so when using the BH formula I have a really high number, even after deducting the 500 recommended.

Thanks for your input.
  • Mishi1369
    Options
    BUMP
  • Cherylp44
    Options
    Thank you so very much going to start tonight....thank you for your time...
  • angstarley
    Options
    I have to loose 15 pounds by March 30th. What do you recommend?
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Nate!
    I have a question. I just started strength training. Lots of people have given me their unsolicited advice on women and weights. I just need a final answer! I've read that it's okay for women to lift heavy (of course, I'm not yet with just starting out), but some people are saying that women will get bulky and I should tone by doing low weight and high reps. (Which I don't believe, because I'm not overloaded with testosterone.) I also saw a girl at my gym doing some crazy fast bicep curls WITH the gym trainer. What was that?!
    Thanks! Rebecca
  • angellove2283
    Options
    I would love to follow this post but I am new to this. I see a lot of people saying "bump" what does that mean and how do I do it?
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'll be lifting heavy! Thank you!