If you were pressed to offer just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE . . .

Options

Replies

• RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Move more and faster, eat less.
  • TanyaCurtis
    Options
    DON'T BINGE :)
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hard work and dedication.

Thank you Dolvett :wink:
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Learn to loooove veggies and take your biggest weakness see it as poison for you body and give it up forever so that you never go back once you have reached your goal. It is a lifestyle change and training your brain comes first. Oh and move your body.
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Bust your *kitten*!
  • brits111383
    Options
    Get your nerd on and treat this little weight loss adventure as an experiment. Your metrics (weight, body fat %, etc) are data -- don't be emotional if your data is funky on one outlier day. It's just data, and if you're sticking to a good plan, the trend should be good over time. If you're not getting the intended results, instead of getting frustrated, tweak a few things here and there and measure the results again. There are a lot of moving parts, and this is a process.

I personally like to weigh myself daily first thing when I wake up so that I have lots of data about fluctuations. For example, I have been tracking everything on MFP pretty diligently since the new year and have had pretty good but modest results (3 lb loss). There are lots of fluctuations, especially because I weigh daily, but everything seems to be doing okay. Out of the blue last week, for no reason I could see, I was back up to my starting weight! Instead of getting discouraged and quitting, I tried to just be curious about it and still logged the disappointing numbers. I kept at it and the next day or two my weight was back on a downward trend where I had left off earlier. Whew! I can only imagine if I were taking my weight and body fat measurements weekly and kept catching weighing in at the wrong time. Thank goodness for lots of data!
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    THINK!!! THINK ABOUT EVERYTHING. And I do mean everything!!!. Then do it for YOU!!!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    My one piece of advice is: go and read all of the advice on the MyFitnessPal forums.
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Drink water.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    "Don't put that in your mouth; you don't know where it's been."
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It's not a race
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things...
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Build activity into your lifestyle.

For example: Instead of always looking for the closest car parking spot, look for one a bit further away.
  • WeighAhead
    WeighAhead Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Trade the elevators for stairs.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Focus on daily calorie intake. With that under control. The rest will take care of it's self.
  • Peanut0711
    Peanut0711 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Have Lots of Sex...Burns Calories, and you have fun!!!! :devil:
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Stay encouraged, all journeys have their moments.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    One piece of advice? Don't report people for quoting lines from "The Jerk" circa 1979, with Steve Martin and Bernadette Peters, and accuse said person of being racist for sharing said quotes as advice....
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You can't rely on anyone else to make the changes you need to conquer your demons!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Eat slightly less than you expend/burn.... that's it.