Clean Eating---Crockpot recipes???

Options
THinking about eating more clean. My schedule is kind of crazy and am interested in some crockpot recipes so they will be ready by the time I get home.

I will most likely use brown rice or whole wheat pasta as part of my main dish.. but would like some recipes using fresh (or frozen if I have to) veggies & meats --with low sodium sauces or lots of spices.

Any or all recipes would be appreciated!! :)

Replies

• Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Bump.... I would like to know as well since I have a busy scedule.
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I would also like to start eating clean.
  • akbatchelder
    Options
    Here is one from Skinnytaste.com. She has alot of good recipes. We really liked it. I had some left over and I drained the sauce from it and layered the filling over some corn tortillas with some green and red enchilada sauce and lowfat cheese. It was great!

Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups + cheese • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
    Calories: 260.9 • Fat: 6.6 g • Protein: 25.4 g • Carb: 29.9 g • Fiber: 6.7 g • Sugar: 4.1 g
    Sodium: 572 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:
    • 2 tsp olive oil
    • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
    • 3 cloves garlic, minced
    • 3 cups low sodium fat-free chicken broth
    • 8 oz can tomato sauce
    • 1-2 tsp chipotle chili in adobo sauce (or more to taste)
    • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
    • 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
    • 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
    • 2 cups frozen corn
    • 1 tsp cumin
    • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
    • 2 8 oz skinless chicken breasts (16 oz total)
    • 1/4 cup chopped scallions, for topping
    • 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
    • fat free sour cream (optional)

Directions:

Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth, tomato sauce and chipotle adobo sauce and bring to a boil. Add cilantro and remove from heat. Pour into crock pot.

To the crockpot, add drained beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and stir. Add the chicken breasts; cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.

Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back into the soup, adjust salt and cumin to taste. Serve in bowls and top with fat free sour cream, cheese, scallions and cilantro. You can also top with avocado or crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!
  • Tomlinson12
    Options
    I am a crock pot fanatic! Here are four that I have saved, they are all under 250 a serving :) Hope this helps!
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/cookbooks.asp?cookbook=492200
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    bump for later.. always use these
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    bump
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Easiest and tasty chicken.

4-5 Chicken Breast and top with salsa.
    Cook on low for 6 hours....

You can eat it plain or put it over brown rice. Yum...

(Variations include - a cup of black beans or other veggies...)
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Another great one is this Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili from Skinnytaste. You can't taste the pumpkin...it just makes the chili velvety smooth

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/10/crockpot-turkey-white-bean-pumpkin.html
  • CtineMc
    CtineMc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This one is easy and I've served it to others several times and everyone really likes it

Lentil Soup (serves 8)
    Throw all of this stuff in the crock pot in the morning. Turn it on low for 8+ hours (sometimes I do more than 8 hours and it’s always been fine)
    3 Raw Carrots Chopped
    3 Stalks of Celery - Chopped
    1 Onion - Chopped
    2 Cloves of Garlic - Diced
    2 C lentils (rinsed) (I've used whatever the cheapest bulk lentils I could find at Sprouts)
    64oz of Vegetable broth
    1 can of diced tomatoes (I prefer the Rotel with Habanero so that it has some spice, I didn’t think the jalapeno ones had enough spice but I may be crazy) OPTIONAL
    3 Russet potatoes (small or medium) – OPTIONAL (I often add these for bulk)

About 15 minutes before serving add:
    1.5 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
    2 cups Kale (or other green like Spinach or Collard Greens)
    Salt & pepper to taste (the recipe I had told me to add it to the crockpot in the beginning and gave me a measurement. I don't tend to add any at all, but if I feel as if it's needed, I just add a little per serving)
  • LauraJWStevenson
    LauraJWStevenson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ssappy44
    ssappy44 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    try googling Wendy's Chili Recipe... we make it without the meat and by using stewed tomatoes instead of sauce... it's delicious and super easy for a busy schedule... the only prep is dicing onion and celery...yes, the pinto and kidney beans are canned...that's what makes is a 5 minute prep meal....I think it's the combo of chili powder and cumin that makes it so tasty.
  • Jennas2012
    Options
    I got this recipe from Allrecipe.com
    Ingredients
    8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves 2 (1 ounce) packages ranch dressing mix 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
    Combine dressing mix and bread crumbs in a plastic bag. Add chicken and shake until coated.
    Place coated chicken pieces on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Serve with rice or potatoes, if desired. Rice or potatoes not included in the nutritonal data.
    Nutritional Information
    Serving Size 1/8 of a recipe
    Servings Per Recipe 8

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 162
    Calories from Fat 15

% Daily Value *
    Total Fat 1.7g 3 %
    Saturated Fat 0.4g 2 %
    Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
    Sodium 633mg 25 %
    Potassium 345mg 10 %
    Total Carbohydrates 6.1g 2 %
    Dietary Fiber 0.2g < 1 %
    Protein 27.8g 56 %
    Sugars 0.2g
    ** Vitamin A < 1 %
    Vitamin C 3 %
    Calcium 2 %
    Iron 10 %
    ** Thiamin 9 %
    ** Niacin 145 %
    ** Vitamin B6 41 %
    ** Magnesium 12 %
    ** Folate 5 %
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    :wink: bump
  • bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 174
    Options
    THinking about eating more clean. My schedule is kind of crazy and am interested in some crockpot recipes so they will be ready by the time I get home.

I will most likely use brown rice or whole wheat pasta as part of my main dish.. but would like some recipes using fresh (or frozen if I have to) veggies & meats --with low sodium sauces or lots of spices.

Any or all recipes would be appreciated!! :)

Eat Clean Slow Cooker Recipe
    Spicy Lemon-Turmeric Chicken and Vegetables
    Serves: 6

* 1 tablespoon ground cumin
    * 1 tablespoon paprika
    * 1 tablespoons turmeric
    * 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    * 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, plus more to taste
    * 1 whole lemon
    * One 3 1/2 pound free-range broiler/ fryer chicken skinned and trimmed of excess fat, rinsed and patted dry
    * 1 large onion, chopped
    * 5 cloves garlic, chopped
    * 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
    * 1 pound carrots, chopped
    * 2 red bell peppers, chopped
    * 1 can (14 ounces) fire roasted crushed tomatoes
    * 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil

1. In a small bowl, mix together the cumin, paprika, turmeric, cayenne pepper and salt. Add the juice from one whole lemon (reserving the lemon rind) and mix well.

2. Using your hands, apply the spice mixture generously all over the inside and outside of the bird. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with half of the onions, half of the garlic and half of the cilantro.

3. Place the remaining onions, garlic and cilantro in the bottom of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker. Add the carrots, bell pepper and crushed tomatoes. Stir in the extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt to taste. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables. Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours or on high for approximately 4 hours, or until the meat pulls easily away from the bones.

Serve warm.:smile:
  • kpwatson
    kpwatson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DeepBreaths
    Options
    wholeliving.com is probably your best bet. I use it with ziplist.com so it makes my grocery list too :)
  • valligator
    valligator Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump!