Whats your least favorite thing someone has said to you abou

Options
14567810»

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    "You're just thick, guys like that."

Sorry, but being called "thick" is NOT a compliment to me. Just sounds like a sugar coated way of saying I'm fat and some guys are into that. I can't wait for the day where NOBODY can refer to my body type as "thick."
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    "you could stand to gain a few lbs" absolutely kills me. dammit, i worked hard to get to this weight, not a few lbs more than this!

and

"you're too skinny" pisses me off. no, i'm fit. i'm stronger than you (probably) and i'll kick your butt.

and

"are you starving yourself" umm, check out my heaping lunch plate and bags of snacks, and you tell me if i'm starving myself. i just shocked my metabolism into gear and you're jealous!

I spent a lifetime hearing that and now at 51 started putting on a little weight (about 10 lbs) and they're all you're getting kinda chubby aren't you? Well wait till they see me nice and toned this summer! Heh heh.
  • capricornican
    capricornican Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    First of all, good job, and I'm 36, how old are you? If you're 26......when I was your age, I could take it off faster :bigsmile:
    I hope no one says anything about it when I lose weight ::laugh: :flowerforyou:
    10 YEARS is a GREAT DIVIDE in metabolim :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :brokenheart:
    1. The worst thing that my friends said about my weight loss was NOTHING at all. :-( 9 kg (20lbs) down & nothing.

2. I have also heard the: "It's sooo much harder when you're older" (and they're only 10 or so years older).
  • ErinNichole76
    ErinNichole76 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    "Well you know they say the first 5-10 lbs are just water weight." was the response I got from my dad when I told him I was down 11.5 lbs. Later in the conversation I told him my husband was down 5 lbs he said "Wow that's really great for him, he must really be making some changes." SO its only water weight for your daughter but its Real weight for your son-in-law? That really upset me.
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I was seeing some family I hadn't seen in 6 months or so. When nobody noticed I had lost about 30 pounds I blurted out (kind of awkwardly) -- "So! I lost, like, 30 pounds!" and someone said "oh, you look exactly the same to me!"

Downer...
  • samiam321123
    samiam321123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A relative asked me how I was losing weight. After explaining MFP, my food journal and exercise and how it's all basic math, she says "oh, so you're just starving yourself then?" As if somehow hard work and dedication are some sort of negative thing.
  • NessasMommy081311
    NessasMommy081311 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    "You have a pretty face, but......."
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    When i went from 200 to 135 during my final yrs of high school (healthy diet and through weight watchers) my one friend said this to me:

``God I wish I could look like you, but I still want to eat.``

Also my employer would give me lunch and often just toss me a paper bag on the side and say:`

`for later when you want to throw it up``

My jaw dropped @ the "for later when u want to throw it up". Seriously!? RUDE & IGNORANT!
  • FATCHUNKYBASTARD
    Options
    I jst had a baby 6 weeks ago and on the 4th week postpartum my dad said have you not lost that weight yet! Give me a chance! I had a c section 4 goodness sake!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    "I'm sure if you lost some weight, you can get the guy you want" which translated to me "If you lost 50 pounds or more, I'll go out with you."