:glasses:
  • sineadm09
    sineadm09 Posts: 113
    Options
    thanks for this :smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    OK, so newbie with a question....I find that I am having a hard time eating all of my calories in a day (set at 1,400) but I also dont excercise nearly as much as I should...

so... 1. when I do excercise should I still eat my cals??

and....2. I am a carb freak! If I am eating within my cals and carbs but slightly over on my protiens am I still in a good weightloss range??

I am confused because of the NO CARB diets that limit this to next to nothing and am finding MFP to be MUCH too easy compared to all of the other diets I have tried over the last 10 yrs!!!

Thanks!
    You guys are great!

Couple of things to know, MFP isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle. As such, it shouldn't be difficult, or not overly difficult anyway. MFP sets protein pretty low IMHO, you should be fine going slightly over your protein. What confuses you about no carbs? Some people can do no carb diets without a problem, and some can't, it's a difficult path to follow for many, and you need to be extremely dilligent in your other nutritional intake if you go this route, but if it's done right, it can be a safe and effective strategy; although most long term studies confirm it's neither better nor worse for most people then other caloric restriction plus RDA recommended nutritional diets. It's basically a lifestyle choice you need to choose to make and then stick too.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    bump ... thank you much, banks!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Bumping :happy:
  • mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • Dawnzy
    Dawnzy Posts: 12
    Options
    bump!
  • berlin80210
    berlin80210 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ummmm... "what's bumping"?
  • muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Options
    tagging for later reading. :3 thank you.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Bump
  • elizabeth125
    Options
    bumping!!!!! This should be required reading. I am a health nut by nature, but have become overweight because of all the negative influence we all get about nutrition and food from everywhere. I love the accountability the MFP provides. This is almost too easy. Reguardless of the exercise I chose everyday, I try to get within 50 of my daily calories whether over or under and stay in that target range. I am losing slowly and steadily just as I should be.
    Thx again Banks
  • berlin80210
    berlin80210 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ohhhhhhh! Now I get it! Learn something new every day :smile: BUMP!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks for the info.
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Bump it up! This is so good thank you!!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Bump :heart: :drinker:

This is one to read over and over again
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yes! Definitely worth a few reads to properly sink in!

GAINED 2 lbs. this week instead of losing....... blah. :grumble:

As I get more flexible & energized, I want to work out MORE!

But EAT MORE too??? That doesn't sit right in my head. :noway:

As an added bonus, I finally get what 'bump' means! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Banks- I read this post many times but I still have questions. I have over 100 pounds to lose. I exercise 6 days a week and burn 900-1,400 a day through exercise on those days. MFP gives me 1,530 calories a day to lose 2 pounds a week. I end up eating 1,700-1,800 calories a day. If I ate back all my exercise calories at the low end I'd be eating 2,430 calories a day. I don't think I would lose weight doing that. So my question- Since i have so much to lose is eating only 200-300 of my exercise calories back ok? I have been losing steadily. I've lost 70 pounds since March 3'rd of this year. I just want to do this the right way. Thanks - Cindy :heart:
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :grumble:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Banks- I read this post many times but I still have questions. I have over 100 pounds to lose. I exercise 6 days a week and burn 900-1,400 a day through exercise on those days. MFP gives me 1,530 calories a day to lose 2 pounds a week. I end up eating 1,700-1,800 calories a day. If I ate back all my exercise calories at the low end I'd be eating 2,430 calories a day. I don't think I would lose weight doing that. So my question- Since i have so much to lose is eating only 200-300 of my exercise calories back ok? I have been losing steadily. I've lost 70 pounds since March 3'rd of this year. I just want to do this the right way. Thanks - Cindy :heart:

do the numbers yourself.

if you need say, 2530 calories to maintain your weight (1530 + 1000 = 2530) and you subtract 1000 you get 1530, that's 2 lbs a week right?

so if you are allowed 1530 a day to LOSE 2 lbs, and you exercise for call it 1000 calories a day that's back up to 2530 you need to STILL LOSE 2 lbs. If you DON'T eat that extra 1000 calories a day, maybe you'll lose more, maybe you won't, that's all based on the myriad of stuff I originally state in this post, but it's not how we safely recommend you do it, and it's not following the MFP plan.

look, I can tell you what's considered safe, I can tell you what I think you should be doing, but if after I state all the stuff in this post, you still want to do it your way, I can't/won't try to stop you, at this point the decision and the consequences are yours to make.