9pm and you have 90 cals left. What do you eat?

Options

Replies

• Jess102979
    Jess102979 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Considering it's 9pm and sort of late to be eating......Chew some sugar free gum and drink lots of water or drink lots of water, call it a day, and go to sleep for the night. This is what I do anyways! Best of luck to you :bigsmile:
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Nothing...
  • cstrods
    cstrods Posts: 11
    Options
    Nothing, Im usually 200 -300 under each day anyway, just because you have calories left you should never consume them just because you can. Only eat if you are genuinely hungry.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Fat Free Jello instant chocolate pudding. 1/2 cup
  • bhmcneely
    Options
    I like to drink a small glass of low-fat soy chocolate milk

70 calories (giving you a little wiggle room) and helps appease the sweet tooth.
  • JMVice
    JMVice Posts: 6
    Options
    A spoonful of peanut butter... YUM!
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    If I'm actually hungry, no matter how many calories I have left, I almost always resort to oatmeal. 130-160 calories. My second go-to is usually an apple. 60 calories. I also replace my hunger with filling liquids, such as a water bottle or a glass or two of green tea!
  • KarenBoster
    KarenBoster Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
  • Isadore11
    Isadore11 Posts: 11
    Options
    Go for 1/2 cup low-fat or non-fat cottage cheese. Its good protein and helps to make you feel satisfied if you have late night cravings. Otherwise opt for ice cold water and go to bed.
  • Andaw
    Andaw Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Nothing! In case I've over estimated exercise calories or under-estimated food calories.
  • runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    YOU DONT EAT AFTER 7 DRINK A GLASS OF ICE COLD WATER.

Why?
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Whatever you're in the mood for if you're hungry.

what if im in the mood for burger and fries?

ice cream?

Ice cream, Blue Bunny big fudge bars are only 90 cals and they taste great!
  • ohsweetcalamity
    ohsweetcalamity Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Half a glass of red wine. Or a granny smith apple cut into quarters, sprinkled with cinnamon and 1 tsp raw sugar. Tastes like apple pie!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Why?

No reason why, that's ridiculous advice. There is no magical cut-off time for eating.
  • jenkinsjerry
    jenkinsjerry Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Fiber one makes fantastic 90 calorie options and when you're using MFP regularly, the extra fiber is helpful.

I've also discovered another 'trick' of using coffee cups for eating cereal. A regular coffee cup will accommodate what most cereal makers call a "serving", or 3/4 cup. Fill your cup with enough cereal, leaving room for milk and you can create a 150-190 calorie snack before bed.

There is far too much myth around not eating before bed. If you have the extra MFP calories to burn/eat, you should eat them and not, 'leave them on the table.'
  • jenkinsjerry
    jenkinsjerry Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    One other idea is a new trick I just learned about and that's brushing your teeth (e.g. right after dinner). If you're at home this is easier, but the notion is by brushing your teeth, you can curb your desire for sweets -- thus enabling you to go for a 90 calorie something, that doesn't haunt you later. For example, a 90 calorie chocolate chip cookie will not give you the same benfits the next morning during exercise than say a hard boiled egg would. Plus, doing away with all-day-breath could be a bonus for all of us and those that hang with us at night time. Just sayin.
  • philco41
    philco41 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Maybe a glass of milk or soy milk, but in general I never feel I need to eat all the extra calories I earn, whether it's 90 or 300. I try to be especially careful at night. If I feel I need something to keep my blood sugar from dropping, I'll eat something, but there's no compulsion to max out the allowed calories.
  • runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Why?

No reason why, that's ridiculous advice. There is no magical cut-off time for eating.

Exactly. I just wanted to hear this person's reasoning. Body can't tell time. Calories in, calories Out. Metabolism is 24/7. :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Two Thin Mints.
  • redmichelle67
    redmichelle67 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free ice cream at night ...