Lighten the **** up!

Options

Replies

• beach_chelle
    Options
    completly agree, this is a life style change not a diet. I plan to live the rest of my life and not let how i am eating now rule over my life. I'm going on holiday and the calorie counting is staying home!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    thank you...LOVE THIS! and not just because kit kats are my fav! :)
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Mmmm coffee crisp! I completely agree!
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    Now bring on the wine. :laugh: :drinker:
    Just what I intend to do (no work tomorrow) :-)
  • kmjoctober
    kmjoctober Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I don't take calorie counting too seriously. I use it as a guideline.
    I found early on that denying my desire for something makes me over eat. Telling myself that I'm fat and ugly isn't going to make my craving for oreo cookies go away. Forcing myself to eat an apple instead isn't going to make it go away.

So, I let myself have cookies sometimes, or a candy bar, or an ice cream cone.
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    Now bring on the wine. :laugh: :drinker:

Haha, you enjoy your wine!
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    Don't tell me what to eat!!!

(someone had to disagree)

:heart:
  • katz41
    katz41 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    occasional treats are essential or we would go stir crazy!!
    all things in moderation:)
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options

For your information, it's this calorie counting and macro things that we "take so seriously" that works and works well if it's followed correctly.

^ Thank you for this! I thought I was the only one that was perturbed by this thread.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    HOLD UP!!!! What is a kit kat chunky?
  • sunshine83777
    Options
    If you're losing weight properly (1 or 2lbs a week, not crash dieting) then a little treat will not make you gain weight!

Please, you're human. Enjoy being human.

DISCLAIMER: Obviously, I'm not saying eat junk all the time. But you should allow yourself a treat. Deprivation never works. Trust me.

Everything in moderation. I deff agree!
  • eblake111
    eblake111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Today is my rest day...and I had a yummy cookie...I stay on track all week and have a treat or two on Sunday :) Works for me! Best damn cookie too lol....
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Some of us don't like chocolate, Kit-Kat, cakes, cookies, pastries, or sweets in general; so not having them, doesn't mean that we are depriving ourselves of a treat.

Counting macros and calories is not an obsession for some people, like me; it is a way of life. Please don't judge us and don't think that we are being obsessive. It is just the way we are.

Have a great Sunday!:love:
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    If you don't give your self a treat every now and then you run the risk of binging when the goodies come around. I read the book "French Women Don't Get Fat" they walk every where for one thing and they eat wonderful tasting food,even fattening food like croissants they just don't eat a lot of it. I allow myself real cream and sugar in my coffee and a piece of dark chocolate every now and then. I also drink a glass of red wine most nights. And I am losing really well. :drinker:
  • shinypinkpolish
    Options
    lol You are so right. If I took calorie counting so seriously for the rest of my life it would drive me insane. Sometimes I let myself have treats and I don't beat myself up over them. (too much) haha
  • ChrisRN75495
    Options
    I eat junk all the time, but it still fits. To alot of people it's about sticking to their goals, staying disciplined and consistent to reach their 3 month or 6 month goal or whatever. Alot of people have trouble plateau'ing in their weight loss, or they get frustrated while they can't lose weight.

It's one thing to eat whatever you want as long as it fits in your macros and calorie intake (aka IIFYM), but it's another thing to tell people that they are "taking this calorie counting and macro thing way too seriously".

For your information, it's this calorie counting and macro things that we "take so seriously" that works and works well if it's followed correctly.

Yes! Right! The OP started with a good idea but wholly stuff, what brought all that on? Not us, I hope. I haven't seen any posts damning anyone for anything, but the OP seemed like that was all what this was about!

I didn't come here to get "permission" (as if I needed it) to eat whatever I wanted to. "I'm human" is a nice excuse that keeps me entirely too plump and also keeps me from taking responsibility for myself and my actions.

I wanted to say something, didn't have the guts. Thanks!
  • azazelrabbit
    Options
    Some of us don't like chocolate, Kit-Kat, cakes, cookies, pastries, or sweets in general; so not having them, doesn't mean that we are depriving ourselves of a treat.

Counting macros and calories is not an obsession for some people, like me; it is a way of life. Please don't judge us and don't think that we are being obsessive. It is just the way we are.

Have a great Sunday!:love:

I'm not judging. I just think some people (not necessarily all) are too obsessive when they don't mean to be.

But are you telling me that you are never compulsive, just choose to have something out of the blue?
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I definitely treat myself but you have to remember that you would never tell an alcoholic that just one drink won't hurt them. To some people sugar and food is an addiction and having one candy bar or pigging out one day can send them back into unhealthy habits.
  • StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    HOLD UP!!!! What is a kit kat chunky?
    www.kitkat.co.uk/range/chunky/original.aspx
    Chunky Kit Kat - very yummy! Imagine ordinary KitKat, but much bigger.
This discussion has been closed.