Would you cheat?

Options

Replies

• OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Why would I jeopardize my children and invalidate the last 15 years of my life?
  • livingaloha
    Options
    Never! I love my husband for so many reasons other than looks, i couldnt even begin to list them all. He has loved me no matter what size ive been, and through some very tough times where other people would have just given up on me. Although he is not a memeber here we are in this journey to health together. He is the most kind hearted, generous, caring, dedicated and loyal man I have ever known and I consider myself so fortunate to have him in my life!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    OK, if you had asked me this question 2 years ago, I would have said "hell no, there is no way I would ever cheat on my wife". My wife is damn good looking and I am proud to have her by my side. However a year and a half ago I found myself falling in love with another woman who was twice as big as my wife, and nowhere near as attractive. I totally admit I was stupid and made a hugh mistake. Lucky for me, my wife stuck with me and currently our marriage is stronger than it ever has been.

Never say never because you do not know what is going to be around the corner.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Not a chance. You gotta know you can get through the "ugly" parts of life together, and there are plenty. My hubby and I have seen eachother at our best and worst, it would not matter if he were horribly disfigured in an accident I would be by his side looking at his inner beauty and taking care of his wounds.

I agree there are some pretty shallow people who base their relationship on looks and that is all they care about so they go on to the next hot thing whenever they fancy. That's not love that's lust.

I agree!
    I KNOW I couldn't find a better husband or a better father to my boys.
  • NessasMommy081311
    NessasMommy081311 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Never! I love my husband for so many reasons other than looks, i couldnt even begin to list them all. He has loved me no matter what size ive been, and through some very tough times where other people would have just given up on me. Although he is not a memeber here we are in this journey to health together. He is the most kind hearted, generous, caring, dedicated and loyal man I have ever known and I consider myself so fortunate to have him in my life!

:-D So sweet...
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I cheat every day. :(

Wait... what? We're not talking about our diet?
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, sorry, nobody can say what, when, or how, or if they'd do anything until they're in the situation, we'd all like to think we wouldn't but you never, ever know......just saying.......

I certainly can. I would never cheat on my spouse for any reason. I was miserable in my first marriage and there was zero attraction to my husband early on in the marriage. It never crossed my mind to cheat on him.
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    No way.....I have to live with myself...and Iam not that shallow....:noway:
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Why would I jeopardize my children and invalidate the last 15 years of my life?

GOOD MAN....
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Not a chance in hell.

I'm not married, but I would never ever do such a thing to my bf. I am completely against cheating. It makes me so angry. If you dont want to be with someone - then dont. Dont put the person through such emotional mental damage.
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I
  • salmanajmal
    salmanajmal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    looks do not matter that much
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    ummm? is she hot? haha

depends is she coming on to me? or do i have to work for it? im kind of lazy.. so anything that falls in my lap.. you know..
  • SweetProgression
    SweetProgression Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    people cheat for many reasons... If a guy cheats on a girl solely because of size he's a jerk, BUT if he's tried to get her into dropping the pounds and she won't even try... It's still wrong but it is understandable. Weight impacts every part of a person and it's only so much one can do to motivate another. Would I cheat if the person wasnt trying to loose weight I doubt but it's tempting just like neglect, laziness, and all the other reasons to cheat... As for the whole leaving instead of cheating? After you invest years, finances, and your heart into someone it's not easy to just walk away.Cheating is the easiest thing but not the right thing. Whatever got the guy it's going to keep him.

Also you would be a tad odd to say you know for sure you wouldn't cheat. You haven't experienced every situation so you can't say what you'd do. I use to say what I would and wouldn't do when I was a teenager. Also cheating isn't just sex you cheat in many ways.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Nope. My man has gained weight (as have I) since we first met, and I still get butterflies when I see him, say, after being at work all day. I'm attracted to who he is as a person, who he is to me, how he treats me, etc. I can't imagine kissing or having sex with anyone else while I'm with him. I'm just not attracted to anyone else.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    OK, if you had asked me this question 2 years ago, I would have said "hell no, there is no way I would ever cheat on my wife". My wife is damn good looking and I am proud to have her by my side. However a year and a half ago I found myself falling in love with another woman who was twice as big as my wife, and nowhere near as attractive. I totally admit I was stupid and made a hugh mistake. Lucky for me, my wife stuck with me and currently our marriage is stronger than it ever has been.

Never say never because you do not know what is going to be around the corner.

Let's face it, most of the people who have doubts about their own marriage/partner are not responding. Only the ones currently in a happy relationship are responding. That is probably not even the majority of couples out there. Some of us have the capacity to see what could go wrong in our relationship even though its still in happy times. I just know that statistics don't lie. Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.
  • amandahoppes
    Options
    I'll be honest and say that I cheated on many a girlfriend in my younger years. Many times I had the perfect bodied girlfriend and still cheated with someone who may have been more "fluffy". Why? Because my attitude at that time was that if a girl broke it off with me, I could get another. I wasn't in it for love, I was in it for sex.
    So I don't think it has anything to do with body type, looks, money etc. I think people cheat because whoever they are cheating with makes them feel important or desirable at the time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I like this because I think you are right. I don't think it has anything to do with looks. I have been on the receiving end of a cheating relationship before and after counseling with that S.O. I realized that it wasn't me causing him to stray, or that he wasn't getting what he wanted at home. Basically, he was approached by somebody and she started giving him words of affirmation and making him feel great about himself.....which of coarse can lead to a destructive path for everybody involved. Unfortunately, at times, it seems people can be so wrapped up in the moment, they forget what they have in life. In other words, maybe a beautiful wife/husband at home that works hard at her/his daily job, an awesome home...health, UNBELIEVABLE kids! That is a lot to lose over a piece of *kitten*. And the other person that is willing to cheat with a married person...........Well, that's just not a very good person at all, imo. I would never want to be with a married person. They have a whole little life built with somebody else that you are willing to destroy. Wrong.
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, sorry, nobody can say what, when, or how, or if they'd do anything until they're in the situation, we'd all like to think we wouldn't but you never, ever know......just saying.......

Completely disagree... you know enough of your own morals to know if you would ever cheat or not. Never have and never will.. just sayin
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    finding other women attractive is human nature, but it stops at window shopping,,,, there aint a chance i would risk losing my wife and kids.
    they are far to important to do something stupid
  • Hannova
    Hannova Posts: 50
    Options
    nobody can say what, when, or how, or if they'd do anything until they're in the situation, we'd all like to think we wouldn't but you never, ever know......just saying.......

Exactly. Plus, no one is going to say "Of course I would." That would create a storm.

No... People are not just 'people', but individuals as well. I can say I know myself well enough to know where I'm hardwired, and cheating on an S.O. is one of them. Because of weight being the most shallow of reasons, but there are a million other more plausible reasons one might have, and it still would not happen.

There are a dozen other things for which I might not be able to predict my reaction, but this is not one of them. Lie to my mother? Cuss out a nun? Tailgate in traffic? All possible. But not that.