RED HIGH HEELS GROUP(WEEK 1&1/2)

Options

Replies

• JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    So it's really hard for me to add time to my workout because I car pool. I can probably add 5-10 minutes max. If I take a walk around my complex for 10 minutes or so, would that count?

Katiebug- congrats on staying way under on your calories. I love it when I get home from work or the gym and crash so I don't eat dinner. I feel like I'm just adding an extra nudge to my weightloss. It's unintentional calorie cycling! :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

Great, glad I could help BUT what about my request for help figuring out my dinner plan?? :grumble: :laugh:

Dinner suggestion: Cut a chicken breast into small peices and cook it in a non-stick skillet. When it is almost done, sprink with chili powder and cumin to taste. Put it in a warm corn tortilla with some lettuce and tomato. Viola! A chicken taco. Serve with steamed veggies and, perhaps, some non-fat black beans.

That's sounds delicious but I'm going to save it for another day. I had chili for dinner last night and again for lunch so another chili themed meal is a bit too much for me today. I think I might have BBQ chicken wings with Frank's hot sauce served with a veggie salad. Wings are not bad for dieters if they are done right, so of course, deepfrying is not recommended. But on the BBQ with a low or no cal sauce like Frank's or cooked on the Foreman Grill, the nutritional info isn't that bad. It's something like 189 for 5 big wings. Reasonable if you ask me. :tongue:

do you take the skin off before you cook them? I love wings!

Where are the challenges - is today to add 10 minutes to your workout??
  • s_sanchez
    s_sanchez Posts: 96
    Options
    Did great on the no bread challenge...and bread is my weakness. I haven't been eating great this week because I havn't been able to make it to the grocery store. Ran 3 miles yesterday so feeling good, going to try for another 3 miles today plus 15 mins of something extra for the challenge.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options

That's sounds delicious but I'm going to save it for another day. I had chili for dinner last night and again for lunch so another chili themed meal is a bit too much for me today. I think I might have BBQ chicken wings with Frank's hot sauce served with a veggie salad. Wings are not bad for dieters if they are done right, so of course, deepfrying is not recommended. But on the BBQ with a low or no cal sauce like Frank's or cooked on the Foreman Grill, the nutritional info isn't that bad. It's something like 189 for 5 big wings. Reasonable if you ask me. :tongue:

She posted them yesterday around noon. Today's is 15 min to your cardio.
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Checking in....

I did not do the challenge yesterday :ohwell: it's TOM and I get the worst cramps in the world so I sat at home with a heating pad and read. :frown:

I'm good with the no-bread today though, that's a pretty easy challenge for me :happy:

And the Saturday challenge will be changed with like the Sunday challenge cause I'm going out for Girl's Night Out which includes mexican food, rodeo and country dancing....I'm not a cowgirl but I'm gonna act like one!:devil:

I'm still going to weigh-in Thursday but I'm nervous since it's that time of the month and I retain a lot of water...so 10 glasses today and 10 glasses tomorrow to flush it out!!

OHHHH and 3 people today have told me I'm looking super skinny!! Love love love that! Especially when it's people who don't know I'm actually working out and eating right :laugh: :laugh:

Love you gals you are sooo motivating and make me feel so welcome! :flowerforyou:

:drinker:

Hope your cramps get better SOON, girl!! I feel your pain...I don't have TOM anymore (YAY DEPO!!) which is a blessing but not something I want to do forever...but I get cramps like that...bedridden, heating pad on constantly-even while I sleep!! It shuts off automatically when it gets too hot so I can-and nothing but excedrin migraine or vicodin helps. :sad: It hurts to walk 10 ft to the bathroom so excercise is OUT of the question lol So I know how it is!!!! FEEL BETTER!!! And congrats on all the compliments you're getting!!!! :flowerforyou:

That's exactly how it is for me!!! It's ridiculous! Friends will say, just take extra strength midol....I'm like yeah, doesn't work :cry:

Eeww, I was like that too, before I had my babies. I don't know why, but I hardly have cramps at all after my kids....I don't understand but I'm not complaining!!! Anyway, hope you feel better soon!!
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!! I hope you all have a great day!!

I did great on my no bread yesterday...except the english muffin I had before I checked in yesterday morning..oops!

Anyway, I'm going to hit the gym today for the usual workout, then maybe I'll swim some laps for 15 or 20 min, that'll take care of the extra time for today.

Lotsa luck to all you beautiful ladies today, Stay strong, we are ALL WORTH IT!!!!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm.... Another good morning. Rolled out of bed, wished DH happy anniversary (4 years today) and took the dog for a walk around the neighborhood. Met up with another german shepherd owner, and we walked together for a bit. Our dog is only 7, his dog is 11, and walks much much slower than us. Good thing we had already gone around the neighborhood once by the time we bumped into them... lol It stormed last night and the bugs were bad this morning. I've got tons of bites now.

Good breakfast of blueberries and Fage, although I was peeved to find the raspberries and blackberries had turned. I only ate some two days ago, and they we covered in mold today.... dang it! Not sure what I'm having for lunch, but I'm going to keep the calories low and nutrient level high, as we're going to a new restaurant for dinner to celebrate. It's an irish restaurant, so I have no idea what is available on the menu. Afterwards, out to a bar where we have a friend playing in a band, to watch him for a while. We're not big drinkers, so I'm not worried about blowing my calories there :laugh:

I did manage to get my wedding feet picture up! Yay me! Hope everyone has a good day today, I probably won't be on much, if at all.
  • freezeframe
    freezeframe Posts: 184
    Options
    Good day all,

Well I stayed away from the peanut butter and jam sanwhich that I wanted last night, but I just had it for lunch, yummmmmmy!! It wouldn't have even crossed my mind to have one except for the challenge saying we couldn't have bread, so of course being a woman, I then wanted bread!!! But I stayed good until today!!!
  • samantha115
    samantha115 Posts: 371
    Options
    The bread thing usually isnt very hard for me, until I heard we werent allowed bread.Then every meal yesterday i wanted something that had to do with bread. Ugh! Im ok now though. I woke up at 5 ( I dont know how yall wake up at 4, bless your hearts) and did my regular workout, I even got some yoga in there. I think for my 15 minutes of extra cardio i think I may go take a quick walk before it gets to hot. (it supposed to get 101 today). Have a great day.
  • sarahkatie28
    Options
    Good morning gals! I hope all is well!

I got up this morning and had a pretty good work out! I'm now at work :yawn:
    I will get an extra workout in later today because I'm playing softball with my husband and his friends!

I'm looking forawrd to new shoes! :happy:
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    i wasn't planning on doing any cardio today...thus! i am only gonna do 15 minutes to be fair

Same here. Today is Yoga day. I need a good stretch too, so that said I've decided to do the entire Rodney Yee dvd, Strength, Stamina and Flexibility in lieu of adding 15 mins cardio. I think that's fair. It will take me 1 1/2 hour to do all three whereas I usually do just one, two at most.
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies!!:flowerforyou:

Well today has started out pretty crappy overall...little sleep, big headache, still mad at someone, yadda yadda...and since I was cranky and hungry upon awakening at 4 am I gave in to the blueberry muffin. It soothed me a bit :wink: I believe once it gets light enough out I'll take the dog for a walk then walk to the gym today rather than drive as usual. That oughta be a good 20 minutes extra! If I get lazy and decide to drive I'll just add 15 minutes to my Day 6 workout! I should feel a lot better after working out, may even do some yoga once my mind calms down enough to relax!! :smile:

On the bright side, I did great yesterday with no bread (wasn't easy!) and for the first time EVER, I was well under my calories for the day!!! Just a tad over 1300 I believe. That's NEVER happened before!!!! :drinker:

Hope you all are having a A great start to your day!!!

Sorry your day started out so crappy. I hope it calms down a bit for you. The bright side is 'it's hump day'. two more days and it's the weekend... whoo hooo.

Re: staying under cals. I found that since I cut out bread a couple months ago, it's been easy to stay close to 1200 cals a day. Bread and pasta oh and cheese, are my weaknesses and will easily put me over. The problrem I'm having is eating all the exercise cals. Before I worked out yesteray I had consumed 1046 cals so I forced myself to drink a glass of 1% milk before working out which brought me up 110 cals but then I burned 710 cals on my walk/hike and had to eat something before going to bed. I drank a glass of chocolate milk and had a 100 cal bag of popcorn but that combined is only 210 so I ate 1 1/2 cup of pineapple but couldn't eat anything more. My deficit was huge!
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hmm yes yoga sounds wonderful right now, and I think my mind is calm enough that I can have a nice session. :smile:

Samantha115, believe me, getting up at 4 am is NOT normal for me lol!! It is an ungodly hour and now that I am no longer active duty, and can sleep in however late I want, I stick to the firm belief of an old friend from Iraq: "McDonald's isn't even open yet!! WHY are we awake?!" :laugh: This week is a tad different as the hubby is on the rifle range all week, so I get up about 4:15 to make his lunch. Then I put my happy butt back to bed until at least 9:30!!! LOL!!!
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options

I don't take the skin off but I cook them thoroughly, until they stop dripping. So the fat is pretty much all gone. Yet they are most because of Frank's hot sauce.

Today's challenge is add 15 mins to cardio. The challenges I believe are listed on Page 2 of this thread, for the entire week. Tomorrow is no pasta. Friday is 8-8oz of water again. Sat is only drink water as beverage. Sunday... I can't remember off the top of my head.

Have a good day everyone.
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    Mmmmm.... Another good morning. Rolled out of bed, wished DH happy anniversary (4 years today) and took the dog for a walk around the neighborhood. Met up with another german shepherd owner, and we walked together for a bit. Our dog is only 7, his dog is 11, and walks much much slower than us. Good thing we had already gone around the neighborhood once by the time we bumped into them... lol It stormed last night and the bugs were bad this morning. I've got tons of bites now.

Good breakfast of blueberries and Fage, although I was peeved to find the raspberries and blackberries had turned. I only ate some two days ago, and they we covered in mold today.... dang it! Not sure what I'm having for lunch, but I'm going to keep the calories low and nutrient level high, as we're going to a new restaurant for dinner to celebrate. It's an irish restaurant, so I have no idea what is available on the menu. Afterwards, out to a bar where we have a friend playing in a band, to watch him for a while. We're not big drinkers, so I'm not worried about blowing my calories there :laugh:

I did manage to get my wedding feet picture up! Yay me! Hope everyone has a good day today, I probably won't be on much, if at all.

Congratulations! Happy anniversary!

You're pic is beautiful!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Oh darn i need to create a book of recipes...ive lost all the ones i liked from years ago that were all really good and really healthy recipes :sad: :sad:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

I don't take the skin off but I cook them thoroughly, until they stop dripping. So the fat is pretty much all gone. Yet they are most because of Frank's hot sauce.

Today's challenge is add 15 mins to cardio. The challenges I believe are listed on Page 2 of this thread, for the entire week. Tomorrow is no pasta. Friday is 8-8oz of water again. Sat is only drink water as beverage. Sunday... I can't remember off the top of my head.

Have a good day everyone.

wings are so good, can you buy frozen unbreaded wings at the store....that is crazy. i usually just buy them already sauced in the box. hungry girl has a great fake chicken wings recipe, i should try it later on.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Oh darn i need to create a book of recipes...ive lost all the ones i liked from years ago that were all really good and really healthy recipes :sad: :sad:

aw that sucks that you have to start from scratch, but it could be fun and a new begining! i think im gonna make one, itll be like a hobby, ill put them in a cute scrapbook! excited.
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options

aw that sucks that you have to start from scratch, but it could be fun and a new begining! i think im gonna make one, itll be like a hobby, ill put them in a cute scrapbook! excited.

I need to do this too! I'm always at a loss as to what to make for dinner and esp. now that I'm eating healthier. For the first time ever it actually sounds like a fun project! :wink:
    Checking in:
    I did fine yesterday. No bread and under my cals. Oh! and I drank all my H2O too :drinker:. Not sure what kind of workout to do today. 15extra seems like a lot to me, my lazy self usually only works out 20 mins a day if I'm lucky. Perhaps I'll shoot for a workout vid. and a walk.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options

I need to do this too! I'm always at a loss as to what to make for dinner and esp. now that I'm eating healthier. For the first time ever it actually sounds like a fun project! :wink:

I have a bunch that i've printed out over the years that I put in a 3-ring binder and I've started using myrecipes.com with cookinglight.com to save recipes online. The cool thing about that is you can add dishes to a shopping list then print it out. :happy: