40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone... just checking in. Workouts are still going well.... hot yoga, running and strength training... not as much as I would like but doing well. I will look over my schedule tomorrow and let you know what my workout plan for the week.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi All! My name is Brenda and I'm a homeschooling mom to 3 beautiful kids plus a son who is 21...and wife to the love of my life, Shawn. We live in beautiful northeastern PA. I'm working on 2 doctorates--natural medicine and naturopathy.

I'm currently working out using TurboFire and I LOVE IT!!! I've also been doing a green juice fast off and on for the past 3 weeks. I've lost 8 pounds and feel pretty good!

I'm hoping to get to know you all through this message board. Have a great day everyone! :-)

Would you mind sharing green juice fast recipe...I can not loose these 5 freaking pounds!!

I know losing those last 2-7lbs is tough and very frustrating. You look great girl!!!! Dont worry so much about it! I am thinking if you fast to just lose those 5lbs that would only be temporary. Is there a happy medium that you can live with? Maybe just losing 2-3lbs? It might be that your body is already at its ideal weight and that might not be what you want. When I joined MFP in 08 I just wanted to get down to 130. When I did that then I thought ok, 125...and I did it but it was challenging...then I thought hmm 120 would still be ok...that proved to be extremely hard. I was able to get down to 122 but couldnt sustain it for a month. I came to the realization that it was not ideal for my body and it only brought frustration and stress. I am now between 127-130lbs, my goal is to weigh in the 125-127 so working on it slowly. I am also focusing more on my measurements and eating healthy and of course exercise, cardio and strength training.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Swiss, did you try the mashed cauliflower? I loved it!!! I just mashed mine with a fork so next time I will put it in the blender to make it more smooth.

All this talk about roasting veggies, etc is making me crave all that good stuff right now...can't wait for the farmers market again this weekend!!! Yeah!!!

Everything is going well. I have been extremely busy lately, sorry havent been here much.

Have a lovely day!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Monday Annette, nope I haven't tried the mashed cauliflower yet. I know that I should. But then, I have been trying to stay away from potatoes and any meal where they usually are served. Do you have any info on sing? I can't even find him in my friends list.

Wow, you got me thinking about my ideal weight. I know that it is lower than I am at this time. I am also having a time losing. One reason is that I blow it on the weekends. But, I have upped my exercising. I am hoping that will do the trick.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Gained 3 this week and have had multiple people ask me in the last week if I am losing again cause I look different :-)

With that said, I finished week 1 of phase 2 of P90x2 and I am hurting! This is the first time in a long time that my muscles have hurt after working out. Don't get me wrong, I work out hard normally and can feel it but now I feel like I have been ran over by a truck!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Am always amazed at how much I've missed when I am away from the boards for a day or two.

Annette, so nice to see you back!! I know you're busy, just happy that you pop in when you do have time.

Umpire - I am seriously thinking of starting up P90X again. It's amazing how you can work your muscles. I do strength training 3x week even when I was doing P90X and I still hurt after those workouts. Rarely hurt when I do to the gym, so I know I'm working different muscles when doing it. Just need to gear myself up to getting up earlier every morning again. Every day, I tell myself "tomorrow" and it hasn't happened yet. Tomorrow. :wink:

Did my long run on the weekend. It was cold, windy and blowing snow. Crazy weather to be out running in, but Sunday was calling for even colder weather so, out the door I went. My son came out to check on me (I run out on the highway - out 9miles and then back). I was at about mile 8 when he came. His words "you're crazy mom, crazy!" He could see me from a distance, so that's good. In the stormy weather, that is a concern of mine. Had other vehicles stop to ask if I was okay. One guy thought my vehicle or snow machine had broken down and I was "running" for help. :laugh: Told him I was okay, but I'm sure he thought I was nuts to be out there for "fun". :tongue:
    I had been struggling with my long runs and that one was the best one so far. :happy:

Today I did some strength training and did a quick 3 mile run. Hoping I can get a run in tomorrow - not too sure.

Have a great night all. :flowerforyou:

Silvana
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Umpire, your weight gain may just be muscle. Therefore you will look better. Congrats.

:flowerforyou: WOW Silvana....nine miles !!!! I may walk that many during the day while at work, but, I don't set out to do it on purpose.:laugh: Wonderful job !!!!:flowerforyou:

I did my two hours of classes last night. I am still having to work around my kid's schedules to get to the gym. Tonight I have to take one of my girls home to her dad's house. But, I am not going to miss my class for this. She will just have to wait til I am done. And, I will have to vote right after class. Can't forget to do that.:bigsmile:
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Umpire, your weight gain may just be muscle. Therefore you will look better. Congrats.

Trust me, I am not worried about it - I posted it to hopefully give encouragement for those people who are stressing over a gain. Not all gains are considered equally. How you feel, look and how well your clothes fit is a much better gauge.

I have had myriad people ask me lately if I am losing again. I am not and even gained this week so all is great! :)
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    so this is where all the kewl peeps are at-Ty
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,964 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's' a cloudy/drizzly day in Maui, today, so we'll let the kids have a tv morning and I'll catch up on mfp!

It's been a great vacation....lots of swimming and snorkelling. Some walking. NO SCHEDULED EXERCISE - which was my goal....just to kick it with the family.

And, although I've been eating fish and greens, everyday, I've also enjoyed liquor and snacks. I'll deal with it when I get home - for now, I'm just allowing myself some FUN!
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    beeps: great attitude - after all, it's vacation. I think people miss that point sometimes.

Last week, I finished week 4 of Insanity, so I'm in it's recovery week. Went out for a spring training game over the weekend and got sunburned on the back of my neck. You would think at 44 years of age, I'd have learned about the importance of sunscreen by now. My son was sprayed but did I remember myself, no.... Something about a sunburn takes out so much from you, makes working out harder. Message of the day: don't forget your sunscreen.
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Found you last month and then got busy and didn't think to check the board on a regular basis, forgetting it's not like the news feed on the home page with constant updates :blushing: So just took the time to catch up since my last post. SO MANY inspiring people here, I definitely will make it part of my routine when I log in now to check in and see how you are all doing.

Did my first 5k last August, followed by one in November, December, and in January at Disneyland. I had never been a runner before and after doing the c25k last summer got the courage to try. I am not fast at all but have been able to meet my goal of jogging the whole race. Well, now I am signed up for a 5k in April and have been trying to get my 3 mile runs in and am having a problem not being able to jog the whole time :grumble: Maybe because I've been focusing on my gym workouts & zumba more these past couple months? Anyway, hoping to get back into it so I do well in April.

Have a good week everyone!

Beeps--glad you're having a good time in Maui. Saving to go there for our 25th anniversary next year. :smile:
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - I haven't been here in a long time, and really need to login in more often. I have a couple of rough weeks... I went a whole week and a half without exercising when I started my new job, so I focused more on eating well. Then, I broke my toe the other day, and missed two days of work because of it... can't fit my foot into any of my shoes. lol It's finally bruising so I know it's healing, but I will have to wait until the swelling is gone so I can resume my workouts.

In case I don't get back on here until the weekend... Wishing you all a wonderful (rest of the) week! :smile:

Btw, I need a new group of friends...
  • ld40
    ld40 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked in for a while, but my running is still going well. Training for my first half marathon in May is going well. My long runs are up to 11-12 miles now and I've been over 20 miles a week for the last month. I have my first 5 mile race this Sunday, and the weather looks like it is going to be great - looking forward to it. Also, can't wait to take on some long hikes in the spring when the snow and mud starts clearing out.
  • iagardengal
    Options
    Newbie looking for words of wisdom on where to begin. Ready to get rolling!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Good morning. How is everyone? I gained 10 pounds over the last two months and I am getting back into my old routines. So slow and steady I go. Walked four miles yesterday and I felt good. Its all in the mind. Shaking some clouds out of mine.
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Newbie looking for words of wisdom on where to begin. Ready to get rolling!

Begin where you are at right now. The first step is making up your mind to do something then do it.

There is no magic pill, no secrets, just hard work and determination.

It is hard but it is worth it.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Ummm, what time is it? dont remember a thing, where am i?di we do it lastnight? was i any good?, im going back to bed, wait is this my place or yours? can i make a sandwich?
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    new "kewl" kid on the block :glasses:
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Wait.... What?????