Modest Women?

Options

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Personally I prefer skirts and shorts below the knees. Some of my shirts and singlets are tight, but I don't like low cut.
    If I reach my goal I am going to wear a bikini next summer, but only while in the water (singlet over the top while out) with my below the knee board shorts.
    No reason, just personal preference. I don't like to see others in nearly no clothing, so I can only presume they don't want to see me like that.

Last summer I ended up 'accidentally 'wearing a bikini at our annual camping trip. Thankfully it was just family there...

I say accidentally because the swimsuit I brought didn't fit me!!!! It was horrible... haha. But I was determined to swim and not in my clothes so I said 'what the heck!" only family present anyway so may as well go all out. Literally.
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    I don't seek out trashy, revealing clothes, but I wear clothes that fit. Now that I'm almost at goal weight I absolutely ADORE skinny jeans and I always wore skirts and dresses above the knee. I don't like my skirts to be any longer than that because let's face it I have AMAZING legs and I enjoy looking at them at home and in public. :laugh: If others choose to join in and have a look, be my guest! LOL I'm 29 and a single mom to 2 kids and I intend to still look and feel like a million bucks in my fitted clothes long into my 90's, just like my Grandma's best friend Ms. Geneva who is my idol!!!! :happy:

10502719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Tip: if you want your daughter to be modest and demure, DON'T send her to Catholic school for the majority of her life. It has the opposite effect you'd think it would.
    Eight years of Catholic school gives me the authority to validate this statement! :laugh:

All jokes aside... I let my daughters express themselves however they wish... and believe it or not both are still quite modest. Though, I do have one quickly approaching the teens so we will see if that changes.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I like my boobs. So do other people. I'm not gonna hide what my mama gave me, especially when they make the people around me so happy!

motorboat_ftw.jpg
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    "A woman's clothes should be tight enough to show that she's a woman, but loose enough to prove she's a lady" Chanel.

i dress more for my body issues. i'm sure how i dress will change some as i lose. but i am also aware that i'm over 30 now, and even when i have a rockin bod i don't want to be "mutton dressed as lamb".
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I used to be super-insecure about my body. I turned it into a joke... told people I was so modest, I had to go into another room just to change my mind. I've become less so over time, but I think childbirth had a lot to do with that. I still hate wearing bathing suits. But I know it's my own insecurity, and I do overcome it. I love swimming! To stop myself just because I don't want to wear a suit - well, that's when it's time to coach myself out of some of those feelings.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sista. I'm probably the most modest broad on this site! Unite against T&A!

^^^This is an honest clam
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I like my boobs. So do other people. I'm not gonna hide what my mama gave me, especially when they make the people around me so happy!

motorboat_ftw.jpg

I totally wish I could do that, but my cat would suffocate in mine!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I'm not modest at all.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    My sister is like that. She does it for her own preference and religious beliefs. She has an account on here too.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I wear what I feel good in, which is mostly jeans and a t-shirt. I love flannel shirts as well.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm curious - why are pants not modest?? Last I checked, they cover everything... unless I'm doing it wrong... which is entirely possible.

Trust me, I know you, you're not doing it right. They go on your legs, not your head. Just like that thing you bought called a bra is not ear warmers.
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm a very modest dresser. I do wear pants but they are always loose.

I've just never been fond of tight or revealing clothing.

To respond to Meredith - I'm not a modest dresser because I'm insecure about my body. I'm quite confident.

[/quote]

I totally agree. When I was young and very insecure, I flaunted my body. Now I know my body is not for anyone but my husband to see. That doesn't mean I don't want to look nice. I want clothes that flatter my figure without flaunting it.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I always have slightly baggy jeans and a fleece on. But that's because I'm cold. I find tight and revealing clothes uncomfortable and chilly.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I don't take modesty to the extreme that you do. I generally go by the rule of thumb: "If I wouldn't want my SO's head to turn at some other woman because she was wearing something like this, I probably shouldn't be wearing it in public either." My reasons for modesty do have more to do with biblical convictions rather than insecurity, or mere prudishness, or any other reason. Men are easily turned on by what they see, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for causing someone to lust after me instead of their wife because, according to God's Word, for a man to even have a lustful thought about any woman other than his wife is considered adultery. Look at the story of David and Bathsheba. Their affair started with a single lustful thought in David's mind. That's just my belief/opinion on the matter. You asked, so I answered. I don't expect anyone else to agree with me or even understand my point of view. This isn't meant to stir the pot in any way.
  • marasw
    marasw Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I dress very modestly (when I'm not in costume) and my reasons are entirely due to low self esteem and poor body image. I would love to be able to dress more like how I see other women my age dress. My weight issues are I think, in part, caused by the fact that I spent so much of my life hiding my body from myself and the world under baggy clothing. I honestly did not know I was fat until I was already SO fat that it had become too much trouble to deal with, so I just bought bigger baggier clothes to hide in.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Jeans and a t shirt type here, but I have a friend who's very into that, and she very much enjoys maintaining her appearance according to her style preferences, actually the most of anyone I know.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options

motorboat_ftw.jpg

omg cute kitteh :D
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ha! Yeah, I was thinking more about the slacks I wear to work, not camel toe inducing pants...

OOOOooooh you went there!!! BAHhahahaha!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I dressed more modest when I was heavy because I was embarassed about how I looked, though I still dressed stylish. Now that I have my body back, I dress more revealing. 1)I love how I look for the first time in years, 2) DH loves it and 3) I do believe WHILE you've got it flaunt it. I will never dress frumpy on a regular basis again.