Boob job!

Options

Replies

• mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    you and me both!!!:drinker:
    except i don't just want boobs...i want an entire mommy lift!!
    lipo my thighs, tuck my tummy and give me some perky girls!!
    good luck on ur journey
    Pam:flowerforyou:

Ha ha... me too.. from head to toe!!
  • mdj1501
    Options
    Verogomez, you have a beautiful family! First and foremost congratulations on that and your weight loss progress and future goals!
    Pregnancy, breastfeeding and weight loss can take a very negative toll on the body and breasts for many women. There are a lot of options to help some of the areas you would like to improve. Please do lots of research and meet with a number of plastic surgeons before making any decisions. There are a number of resources and supportive forums that you might benefit from, please feel free to message me and I'll tell you more about it. Good luck with your journey and always remember it is about you and what makes you happy.

To the negative posts on this thread, I had my first breast augmentation at 20 years old because in high school I looked like a 14 year old boy with no chest at all. It hurt my self confidence and made me unhappy with how I looked. I do not feel like my choice to improve myself was immoral. I would think lying, cheating and stealing would be immoral. But I never lied about what I wanted or what I did. I am open about my augmentation, and I know not everyone agrees with my choice. But we are all unique individuals and no one person has the right to judge others or make them feel badly for their wishes. If you think about it, it was pretty immoral of me to stuff my bra with all the wonders that Victoria Secret had to offer because that is lying and trickery in essence.
    What about the guy who said he would have a hair transplant because of a receeding hair line? That's a change to what God gave you. Is that also immoral?
    And why does a drastic change affect the level of immorality? So my first augmentation wasn't quite immoral, but the one I had five months ago to go bigger (probably what you might consider "beach ball barbie") is more immoral?? And like others have said, society does not get to see my breasts. This was a choice made after much consideration and research by myself and my husband.

I am not asking anyone who is against plastic surgery to defend themselves, but I do not think it is respectful to pass judgement on this woman or any person at all for wanting to improve themselves. I'm on this forum to improve myself and find support along the way. I respect people who do not want surgery, that's fine for them. But please have the same respect for those of us who have made the choice to do so.

Very well said! If I could afford it, I would get them too. This is something that has always taken its toll on my self esteem. I dont know why, but it has.
  • mdj1501
    Options
    So excited to see this post. I lost weight years ago (78 lbs) and was about 22 short of reaching my goal and my reward was going to be implants. Long story shorty, gained almost all of it back, never got the implants. Now, I'm determined. I've been a small B (very small B) all my life. I'm 54 - I am hoping by age 55 (for my birthday), I can get them. Is that too old? I want them for ME - no one else. Hubby could care less. Are implants for younger women, or would anyone older get them? It's the one thing I've always wanted.

OMG... so glad to see your post! I am 46 and wondered as well if I am too old. I am past the point of caring what society thinks, I want them for me, not society! But, there is that little voice in the back of my head telling me I am too old.... Why is that? So glad there are others who feel the same way, but the truth is..... we shouldn't should we??
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Do it! You will love them! Go under the muscle and don't get saline though.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Get a tummy tuck while your at it... Best thing I have done! :D
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I find it really sad when women want to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgery. *sigh* You are buying into society's expectations that women need to forever be young, and they need to have big tits (which is hilarious considering breast feeding is nearly taboo in our culture, so they are really supposed to be big fat bags that are just for looks). It's silly, I think we should all focus on being healthy, and letting our body look however it is and be proud of it. I look up to women who rock what they have instead of rush to the knife to be how they think they are "supposed to look." You had babies, you were a mommy. In my opinion, you shouldn't want to look like you did in highschool, you should want to rock yourself because that is your badge of honor, your battle scars. :)

I mean good for you if you want to do something that rewards yourself for accomplishing your (amazing!!) goal, but I have a hard time thinking that undergoing expensive SURGERY to look how society (I know, I know, you tell yourself it is "for you") wants you to look.

Sorry to be harsh.

Or...maybe it has nothing to do with society...Although you obviously won't believe that. *rolls eyes*
  • xXKatrinaXx
    xXKatrinaXx Posts: 234
    Options

why not saline? i have saline...and personally love them. wish i went bigger though :)
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice but I'm excited for you to do this! I think it's an excellent present for yourself.
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I find it really sad when women want to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgery. *sigh* You are buying into society's expectations that women need to forever be young, and they need to have big tits (which is hilarious considering breast feeding is nearly taboo in our culture, so they are really supposed to be big fat bags that are just for looks). It's silly, I think we should all focus on being healthy, and letting our body look however it is and be proud of it. I look up to women who rock what they have instead of rush to the knife to be how they think they are "supposed to look." You had babies, you were a mommy. In my opinion, you shouldn't want to look like you did in highschool, you should want to rock yourself because that is your badge of honor, your battle scars. :)

I mean good for you if you want to do something that rewards yourself for accomplishing your (amazing!!) goal, but I have a hard time thinking that undergoing expensive SURGERY to look how society (I know, I know, you tell yourself it is "for you") wants you to look.

Sorry to be harsh.
    I agree with you:-/
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    OH YEAH!! for sure, That's my reward, I can not wait:happy:
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Sorry to be harsh.

Or...maybe it has nothing to do with society...Although you obviously won't believe that. *rolls eyes*

Based on the original reply how is having a boob job any different than losing weight? It could be said that both are done because of being pressured by society. Why do you even care if she wants a boob job....they aren't your boobs. I also give a very generous eye roll.
  • buttercup922
    Options
    So I used to be judgmental on this until I was done having 4 kids and left feeling like I wanted to do it for myself. Why not after giving my all to childrearing and caring?!! I plan to do it, just haven't picked a good time where people won't notice. lol! Being military, I think between moves would be ideal. I don't want to be all the talk at church on Sundays.
  • monicalynne68
    monicalynne68 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind having a lift but I think I'll just try exercise and see if that does the trick. I really don't think I would like having surgery.
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Ultimately it's your decision and your body... No one should judge you for having them done... It can really help people with their insecurity... But I hope you do know you're beautiful with or with out it... :)
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My husband gave me a choice: Carat diamond, or a boob job. I had been flat chested all my life, and chose the boobs. Then my husband said, "You can't leave the boobs to the kids when you're gone." I got the diamond.
  • csquaredsmom
    Options
    That's what I want too...but will take me 5 years to get to a point where I feel like I have earned it!
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've had two boob jobs.

The first was under the muscle and silicone. I kept them for 10 years before having them removed.
    Pain Level - High for the first couple days. I took perscription meds to control it.
    Result - They *looked* beautiful. But I'm an active person and since they were under the muscle, they interfered with many activities. I had to stop doing many of the things I enjoyed. I didn't have capsular contraction or any problems - it was just the fact that they were under the muscle that hurt me. I had to wear a bra all the time (even at night). I hated them and so did my husband. When I finally had them removed it felt like I had been wearing high heels for 10 years. The relief was incredible.

I stayed natural for 5 years.

My second boob job (same size as the first) was over the muscle and silicone. I've had them in for about a year now.
    Pain Level - Minimal. I didn't need painkillers at all. Recovery was fast.
    Result - They aren't as perky as under the muscle but they do look more natural. I can have cleavage with these that I couldn't with under the muscle. But most important to me, they don't interfere with any physical activities. I don't have to wear a bra all the time. I don't have a constant low level of pain like I did the first time. I've been able to continue all my physical activities with no problems. I'm super happy with them.

Whichever method you choose, I hope you enjoy them!
  • missfancy1980
    Options

why not saline? i have saline...and personally love them. wish i went bigger though :)

I'm no expert, but here in the UK they don't use saline as much because silicone is considered to be safer.

And although I have unders, i'd actually choose overs next time (or first time round) only because if you do a lot of exercise the implants can become mishapen with unders. I have seen great results from both types of placement though, so as with anything... do your research and choose what's best for you under your surgeon's guidance:)

PS I had no pain at all, not even right after surgery :)
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Go for it lady!
    If I lose my breasticles that I gained, I will SO get a pair ;)
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I need boobs, my behind lifted, tummy tucked and wrinkles removed. Probably never going to happen though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!