Women Ages 50+ for the month of July

Options

Replies

• momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: oh my goodness sometimes my fingers type to fast and of course i hit the wrong keys that is funny hoop .. i am happy to say the tag sale was good and i meet some more familys for out of state i love it when the brimfield flea market is going on . i did good today on the bike all together i mangen 90 mins.. that is so new for me. i hope everyones day went will good night love debbie and family
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Debbie-

My family got me the Wii Fit as a combination Mother's Day/Birthday present in May. So that's about 3 months for me too. I love it, but I can see where it might get boring.

I love the Yoga and will probably keep doing that long after I move on to Wii Active or something like it.

Jeannie
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies:laugh: I hope every one had a wonderful weekend. Barbie, I know how you feel about Bernie being out. It's like having a teenager out past curfew. I have had wayward cats in the past
    who would worry me just like my kids did.:grumble: And weeds :frown: I think it is the Yard Gnomes coming in my yard after we go to bed planting weeds as revenge for putting them on dispaly in our yard for everyone to see.:laugh: :laugh: Well I did so so at the party. 1 and 1/2 pieces of pizza and a VERY SMALL piece of birthday cake. We walked the zoo but with 2, 2 year olds we really didn't walk very fast and we stopped to let them look at the animals. When we got home my walking buddy Anita and I walked for 80 minutes at a very brisk pace. With my exercise calories I still have over 300 calories left for the day. Weigh in tomorrow, only the scale can tell. Although I had pizza and cake I AM proud of myself. (My sister came from Baltimore for the bithday party. She really likes her McDonalds Sweet Tea and on the way to and on the way back home from the party she stopped.) I ordered a courtesy cup of ice water instead of Tea or Mocha Latte:noway: .:smile: To the ladies who have lost
    congratulations and keep up the good work and to those who are struggling "One day at a time"
    We can do it. We CAN DO IT.....:wink: Love:heart: Hugs :flowerforyou: and prayers...Rosemary
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!:flowerforyou:

All my walking and restraint are paying dividends, down TWO more pounds !! WOO HOO!!:drinker: :drinker: No time for a longer post, just had to brag for a moment.

Hope everyone has a good week!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Barb
  • LaurelFisher
    Options
    Good Morning everyone.:flowerforyou: Monday weigh-in went well, :smile: lost another pound.:smokin: I'm getting tired of chicken. I would really like to find some new and interesting recipes, any suggestions? Have a wonderful Monday, Rosemary
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone:flowerforyou:

Congratulations to those of you that are dropping those pounds:flowerforyou: Keep up the hard work and it will pay off. I have been holding my own and continuing to exercise in a modified form. I would so love to continue my walking and biking but alas I can only do what I can do.

I have been very busy just as I am sure everyone else is at this time of year. We are preparing for another camping trip. This one is to a music festival and I am always so excited to attend it:bigsmile: . Lots of good company and music in addition to a lot of rest and relaxation. The long term forecast is saying warm temperatures and maybe a thunderstorm or two...good thing we will be in our trailer and not tents:noway:

Keep thinking those positive thoughts:flowerforyou:

Marie:heart:
  • LaurelFisher
    Options
    Good Morning again :flowerforyou: Thought I would update my photo since I've lost 25 pounds.:smile: What do you think?:wink:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I'm getting tired of chicken. I would really like to find some new and interesting recipes, any suggestions? Rosemary

There are lots of great chicken recipes on the MFP recipe thread. When I get sick of chicken, I grill pork chops or make something spicy you would normally make with hamburger meat, only using ground turkey instead. It's amazing how many more calories red meat has in it isn't it!

Tonight we are having grilled pork chops and baked apples. To me apple or pineapple makes pork just that much better. I get the no sugar added apple pie filling and add a bit of cinnamon and bake it. That and steamed broccoli makes a nice meal.
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi, everyone,
    I see I haven't posted here for a few days, had company, had a birthday party, planning another trip to Cal of look after the GRANDkids.
    I need some more energy. More protein? More exercise? Had a good walk this am while it is still cool. Now out for coffee with our neighbors after hubby gets back from the lab - routine tests.
    My scale is not cooperating very well, up 2 lbs this am. Toooo much fun and not enough concentrating on what I should/should not be eating. Have been quite careless the last few days. I find that when I log my foods it helps me to keep the calories down. But when I get busy I let that slip, and it naturally follows that the scale slips up. Help! Need to be more consistent.
    Just venting a bit.
    Have a good day all.
    Ellen
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: good afternoon to all rosemary what a wonderful picture it must feel so good to see the change. everyone must been so proud way to go.
    ellen i agree to one thing i have learn these past few mths how inportant logging has become for me. i have heard it and just never thouoght what a big help it is and its giving me time for me that i was in need of.
    rosemary do you eat fish there are some great dishes for haddock cod shrimp i just started to goggle vegitarein dishes to some are pretty good that i have read. we have so many things to try now..
    ok house cleaning time everyone i am sending prayers your way and may we all have a safe and blessed day.. love debbie and family
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Good Morning again :flowerforyou: Thought I would update my photo since I've lost 25 pounds.:smile: What do you think?:wink:

Rosemary what a great photo:flowerforyou: You look wonderful!

CONGRATULATIONS on reaching the 25 lb mark:bigsmile: You are doing so great and I am soooo proud of you just as I am sure you are proud of yourself:happy:

I am offering a toast to you with my many mugs of water today:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Keep up the terrific work:smile:

Marie:heart:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Hello again everyone,

I have to tell a "funny" on my doggies. Just now I was eating some chunked chicken out of a container while standing in the kitchen. It is the usual habit around here that when I come home from my morning shift, I break out the baby carrots and the "babies" and I scarf down a few, so I got the carrots and headed to my living room chair.

Both my little darlings took a carrot, and promptly spit it out and looked at me with:sad: :sad: :sad: sad brown eyes--"Where is OUR chicken, mom?":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When it became clear the choices were carrots or "nada," the carrots suddenly became more appealing, but I really had to laugh at these two. They don't miss a trick.:laugh:

Today, instead of walking I ended up "running"--to Linda's to solve a plumbing emergency and to teach her how to pump her own gas. (She always had her roommates do it before and didn't know how.) My next stop was my mom's and then the post office to return 3 things that weren't even mine to begin with!! Then another run back to Linda's with the plumbing part, and to return her debit card. By the time I got finished, there wasn't enough time to do a walk right, so I am posting now and will walk tonight.

Not sure if I will get back on here tonight or not.

Ellen, you didn't mention the fires again. Have they subsided?

Barb
  • jmelindas
    jmelindas Posts: 2
    Options
    Count me into this Group! I've been struggling with my weight the last few years and I'm determined it's coming off and staying off this time.

I plan to continue my strength training 3x week and cardio at least 2x.
    Stay on target for tracking my food through this website.
  • LaurelFisher
    Options
    Thank you ladies for all the encouragement,:love: I get none from my family:grumble: I guess they get tired of dealing with me every day,:noway: trying to count calories and exercising. They jusy say " OH" and "OK":huh: My sister did tell me this weekend that she was proud of me for losing the weight (she is at the heaviest I have ever seen her, I tried to talk her into our group. She say's she just isn't ready and that she loves her food too much.) If it wasn't for MFP I would be depressed, A BIG WELCOME TO OUR GROUP To jmelindas, you couldn't have found a more caring and supportive group. Time to go walk now, Hugs and Flowers :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: to all
    THANK YOU TO MY MFP FAMILY.
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, those I know and those that are new since I was here.
    Just back from Saipan and the grandkids. Great trip but it was too hot to exercise and besides...so little time!!!. Unfortunately I came back with a bad case of diarrhea, so even though I lost weight while there, I'm not sure how much was due to being ill and will it be back.

It was great to read all of the post and catch up w/ everyone. Glad to be back here and back to logging and chatting.
    Diane
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    welcome back Diane. Welcome to newcomers. It is so good to hear from all of you. Those that are not posting we really miss you. I wish each day could be like today for me. I would be a slim chick in no time. Hubby was off today so after my trip to the dentist we did some yard work. Then we went to the gym for an hour. When we got home I finished mowing the yard. Then when it cooled off we went for our walk at the local college. I burned 1450 calories total. I also ate well and stayed in my calorie range. I feel great, like I really got a lot done. Hope all of you had a good day. Hope to hear from you tomorrow.
    Vicki M
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,991 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I saw one of my knitting friends today and she asked me what i was knitting these days and i realized that the only time I sit down now is to eat, log on to MFP or ride the exercise bike. My knitting has become almost a hobby of the past.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Even my wonderful husband who plans meals with me and counts every calorie is nothing near the support I get from all of you.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: my women friends are glad I'm losing weight but are not interested in a daily recitation of what i ate or how I'm doing. You are all my support and encouragement. :heart: :heart: You all accept my goals---you don't tell me I should lose more or not lose so much---when I have a question, you help me find the answer:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Diane----welcome back, we've missed you---sorry you were sick and glad you lost weight

:flowerforyou: jmelindas----welcome to the group----glad to see your goals---hope to get to know you better

:flowerforyou: Rosemary----congratulations on your weight loss---you can count on us for support----we are willing to listen to anything you want to say about food, calories, exercise,

:flowerforyou: Barb---all that walking and playing with dogs has paid off again---thanks for keeping us entertained with dog stories----Brandy and Sasha rejected their dental food for morning treat for several days until they figured out that it was their only choice, now they accept them gladly

:flowerforyou: Marie
    your creative exercising inspires me----you are a great example of never giving up:bigsmile:

It's time for a final ride on the exercise bike and then early to bed.
    hugs:heart::love:
    Barbie
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!

I am going to regret being up this late when 4am arrives tomorrow, but after logging my food and exercise for the day (I did get 3 miles in tonight, plus about 20 minutes with doggies--it is a bit warm for them to be very energetic--in the 90's today), I happened to look around at recent posts and I thought all the animal lovers would appreciate the following story, posted on a thread entitled "firefighter" by a member called "tabsoda"

"Firefighter

A firefighter was working on the engine outside the station, when he noticed a little girl nearby in a little red wagon with little ladders hung off the sides, and a garden hose tightly coiled in the middle..
    The girl was wearing a firefighter's helmet. The wagon was being pulled by her dog and her cat.
    The firefighter walked over to take a closer look.
    'That sure is a nice fire truck,' the firefighter said with admiration.
    'Thanks,' the girl replied.
    The firefighter looked a little closer. He noticed the girl had tied the wagon to her dog's collar and to the cat's testicles.
    'Little partner,' the firefighter said, 'I don't want to tell you how to run your rig, but if you were to tie that rope around the cat's collar, I think you could go faster.'
    The little girl replied thoughtfully, 'You're probably right, but then I wouldn't have a siren."
    :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

On that note, good night all!!:flowerforyou:

Barb

PS Just saw an updated tv news reference to the Kelowna (BC) fires, which, unfortunately are still burning. I am praying for lots of rain up there.
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    Sorry I've been absent yet again. I just skimmed the most recent posts - will have to try to catch up later. We had week-end houseguests again and beautiful weather so that was lovely and busy. Also, had a family emergency so, between all of the above and just plain laziness after the 2 previous very busy week-ends before that, mfp and exercise etc went out the window. :ohwell:

Barb and Vicki - you amaze me. I'm exhausted just reading how energetic you are.

Diane, I hope you are feeling better. Use this momentum to keep from gaining back the weight. Make that illness work for you.:laugh:

Rosemary, congrats on losing 25 pounds!!:flowerforyou: You look great!!

Lastly, welcome to jmelindas!!:flowerforyou: This is a terrific thread with lovely, encouraging and supportive women.

Hello to everyone else. :happy: Again, I will have to catch up later on what I missed this week. Hope all are well and enjoying life.:wink:
    Zaza