I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options
everyoung
everyoung Posts: 67 Member
I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain that they are fat! Have a "skinny friend" tells me she needs to lose weight becasue she can't even look at herself in the mirror anymore. What that makes me???? A cow??? Do perfect fit people around you say the same thing?

Replies

• chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own targets. I'm sure there are people worse than you but you are allowed to moan about things.

Just cos there is someone worse off, doesn't mean you aren't allowed to want to improve yourself.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    We all have our own self image and it usually has no bearing on what others look like. I am one that the smaller and more tone I become, the worse (in my head) i need to work out. Some say it for attention but some really think they need to lose the weight.
  • Ambr
    Ambr Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    yeah, they do, very stupid my own best friend says it, and makes me feel veryyy bad because she is size 10 and still im fat
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I come to the forum boards and it's full of people complaining about meaningless banter.
  • katema62
    katema62 Posts: 15
    Options
    I hate it when your friend is like " I gained so much weight I'm 5'9" and I weigh 135" and meanwhile your 5" and way 150. Do they have any clue what they are saying....or are they fishing for complements? : )
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That annoys me, too... but a lot of people would call me "skinny". I don't necessarily think I'm fat, I just have a little extra hanging around that I'd like to lose and turn into muscle. A lot of people crave attention and they know that they ARE perceived as skinny so saying that they aren't will get them attention. Then again, there are people with messed up body image ideas and they TRULY think they are fat. If that is the case though, they will attempt to do SOMETHING about it. What annoys me more than this is when skinny fat girls are used for inspiration. SKINNY IS NOT THE SAME AS FIT! :)
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. Bigger people aren't the only ones with insecurities. THIS pisses me off.
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    Why not be a supportive friend rather than complain. Maybe she has body dysmorphia, or other mental issues with her physical appearance.
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Some people just have issues with their own bodies. I've never been overweight, my highest was 142 @ 5'7". But when I look into the mirror, I don't see a skinny or thin girl. That's why I don't tell people I want to lose weight, because they'll think I'm making a comment about them or that I have some sort of eating disorder.

In some cases, girls are just fishing for compliments, but other times, we just really do have body image issues.
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    :)
  • huracan_mery
    huracan_mery Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If said friend is known to be a passive aggressive manipulator and trying on purpose to imply something about you then maybe she should not be your friend. But usually statements like that are totally about them and not about you. If a really skinny person can't look at herself in the mirror for thinking she's fat, she has something else going on.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I come to the forum boards and it's full of people complaining about meaningless banter.

I think I love you♥
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who lost a bunch of weight I AM SO PROUD OF HER... she went from a size 22 to a size 14... which is great... and well since her clothes were to big on her, she gave them to me... and they fit comfortably...

then she posts on FB OH MY GOD look at me in a size 22 I WAS A COW!... I was SOOO BIG but look at me now! aren't I hot...
    yes you are... but WHO is wearing your old clothes... does that make me the cow now?

I understand the pride in herself, and she didn't realize she was insulting otehrs at the same time...
    as far as skinny people feeling fat...

it is a matter of self esteem... no matter if we are a size 0 or a size 30-32... it all depends in how we feel.. inside... but I understand where you are coming from! I use to know a girl who was ANOREXIC to the point you could count her ribs and see her wrist bones... but IN HER MIND she thought she was fat... she could not SEEE through her on mental block... :(
  • Marytarian84
    Options
    Everyone has their own targets. I'm sure there are people worse than you but you are allowed to moan about things.

Just cos there is someone worse off, doesn't mean you aren't allowed to want to improve yourself.

I whole-heartedly agree with this. I have larger friends who think I'm crazy for feeling big as a size 12, but when i used to be a size 8/10 of course it makes a difference to how I feel. In the same way that I give them my full support to reach their goals and feel good, I expect them to do the same for me.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I agree, its fine to want to improve yourself but you need to respect the people around you by watching what you say. For example im 220lb but I hve a friend who is a lot more then me (at least 400lbs id say) and I try to avoid the topic of me being fat around her because I just think it would be not very nice...
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options

I think I love you♥

You think? Come on, you KNOW you love me.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I hate threads like this. Ever heard of body dismorphia?
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    yeah, they do, very stupid my own best friend says it, and makes me feel veryyy bad because she is size 10 and still im fat

my best friend does and she is a 4 at her heaviest!! wears me out!!!! but, I know that she truly feels that way. so, I dont get mad. just make jokes otfen about being her whale of a friend. smh
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain that they are fat! Have a "skinny friend" tells me she needs to lose weight becasue she can't even look at herself in the mirror anymore. What that makes me???? A cow??? Do perfect fit people around you say the same thing?

Sometimes it is truly a self esteem issue or and outside influence making them feel that way. Most of the time, in my experience, it's purely vain and they want someone to tell them how fantastically, gorgeous and skinny they are even though they already know. I generally just eyeroll and act like I didn't hear them say it.
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    Every persons perception of their image is different, some people have actual illnesses that make them see themselves differently than what they actually are, so don't be so quick to snap at a skinny person that thinks they are fat, they might have no control over it.
    The term is 'body dismorphia'
This discussion has been closed.