This lady said that Kim Kardashian is FAT!

Options

Replies

• bigredhearts
    Options
    I know I'm going to get a ton of flack for this but technically with her body fat percentage, which I'd estimate to be hovering around 32-35%, she is in the obese category. That's not my opinion but one from the American Council on Fitness. She just carries it very well and she's got great proportions.

this is a joke right?! so because she has big hips and "fat" in all the right places you'd estimate her bf % at between 32-35? thats the most rediculous thing ive ever read...
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I don't even like her very much but I envy her body...I would love to have a flat stomach like that!
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    I have to say this....

There are many people on here that are saying things that have utterly disgusted me. I'm shocked! Those of you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself. But I know you're not, cause that's just the type of judgmental people you are and you see justification is what you have said.

I now understand why I always feel the way I do about my body image. According to many here, it'll never be good enough anyways. And also understand now why so many young girls are turning to anorexia to try and be "perfect".

The message I have received from reading this entire post is this: You can be healthy, slim, beautiful and curvy. But it will never be good enough. Cause it's not perfection.
    I'm literally so disgusted by so many of you it almost gives me reason to stop using this website. Luckily, I have tons of supportive people as friends who actually have their heads on straight.

^ THIS!!!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    She isn't fat, but she has more fat on her stomach that I want on mine... I want to know her bf%
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I have to say this....

There are many people on here that are saying things that have utterly disgusted me. I'm shocked! Those of you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself. But I know you're not, cause that's just the type of judgmental people you are and you see justification is what you have said.

I now understand why I always feel the way I do about my body image. According to many here, it'll never be good enough anyways. And also understand now why so many young girls are turning to anorexia to try and be "perfect".

The message I have received from reading this entire post is this: You can be healthy, slim, beautiful and curvy. But it will never be good enough. Cause it's not perfection.
    I'm literally so disgusted by so many of you it almost gives me reason to stop using this website. Luckily, I have tons of supportive people as friends who actually have their heads on straight.

^ THIS!!!

double this !!! People are simply unbelievable. They should truly be ashamed of themselves and the perpetuation of an unhealthy body image. This is why eating disorders are rampant. Sheesh.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to get a ton of flack for this but technically with her body fat percentage, which I'd estimate to be hovering around 32-35%, she is in the obese category. That's not my opinion but one from the American Council on Fitness. She just carries it very well and she's got great proportions.

The American Council needs to reevaluate then. Although, it is America and no offense to Americans, but I'm not surprised. This is a country that has an alarming number of people with eating disorders and teen suicides. Once again, no offense.

I have 38% body fat and I am in no way obese. Well, that's according to all the 'Canadian' doctors, trainers and nutritionists that I've spoken to.

Well, no offense, but 38% body fat is obese according to American Council of Exercise, which calls anything over 32% obese, and normal is 21-31%. Canadian standards actually put Obese at 40%, and have a separate "overweight" category from 33-39%, along with the normal category being 21-33%. So really, the difference between American and Canadian standards are mostly semantics, thanks for tossing around ignorant stereotypes, though. No offense, of course.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

kk.jpg

So this image of Kim Kardashian is on the cover of a magazine. I was at the cashier and this lady next to me stopped with her bf and said "OMG what happened to this girl! She got so fat! ewww! how disgusting!" ...... I am telling you it took every thing of me not to say anything back! Like are you serious! This lady is skinny and short and around her early 30's I would say. She doesn't have a better body than Kim though. I cannot believe the things that people say! ( I hope you can see the image)

What a bee-atch!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Plugging in her stated measurements to a BF% calculator (which I know are only an estimate), at 5'2.5" with 26" waist and 39" hips (I guessed at a 13" neck, because that's what mine is and how different can they really be?), she'd be 26.1%BF. Going by photos I've seen of what 25% is supposed to look like, that seems about right, but maybe even a little high.

The one thing I don't believe for one second is her stated weight of 117#, which would give her a lean body mass of only 86#.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Nobody knows Kim's body fat percentage so let's leave it out of it! You can't tell anyone's by just looking at it. So that argument is meaningless.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    What the eff is up with people saying that her body is what a REAL woman's body looks like?

If anything, my body looks more like a REAL woman's body. Since its done its "woman's" job of baring children and feeding said children. I find that offensive,
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I will take her body any day of the week and her $$$ too.
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Honestly, do you know anyone who is shaped like her? I know women who have her top half, I know women who have her bottom half.

I like the fact she is bringing the curvy back...but she is NOT REAL! Her figure is too perfect. If she wants to be a role model to women, then she needs to be honest. please tell about all of her implants...Somehow I think she is very self absorbed individual....hummm...
    I have to say this....

• Happyguy
    Happyguy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    STOP REPOSTING THAT PICTURE!

I'm a married man!
  • Happyguy
    Happyguy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    What the eff is up with people saying that her body is what a REAL woman's body looks like?

If anything, my body looks more like a REAL woman's body. Since its done its "woman's" job of baring children and feeding said children. I find that offensive,

Us men are pigs. I thought all you ladies knew that already.
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options

Plugging in her stated measurements to a BF% calculator (which I know are only an estimate), at 5'2.5" with 26" waist and 39" hips (I guessed at a 13" neck, because that's what mine is and how different can they really be?), she'd be 26.1%BF. Going by photos I've seen of what 25% is supposed to look like, that seems about right, but maybe even a little high.

The one thing I don't believe for one second is her stated weight of 117#, which would give her a lean body mass of only 86#.

Smart idea. 25-26% seems about right to me
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I do not consider her "fat".
    I think she is curvey and "softer" with a bit more on her than the VS models, not a bad thing.
    My issue with her is the clothes. When she wears clothes that *aren't* cinched in so tight you can count the hairs on her body, she looks very attractive and slim and healthy. When she does the thing where her clothes are so tight you don't know if she is allowed to breathe? That's when she looks "fat" to people, even me.
    But people have their own ideas of what "beautiful" and "healthy" look like.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I have to say this....

Darling, you really need to stop worrying about what others think, about Kim, and especially about yourself. Come up with a goal that will make you happy. No one else. I don't want to look like Kim. I want muscles. I don't want to look like Jamie Eason. I want a little more body fat than she carries. And honestly even if I did want to look like them, I can't. I am not them. My genetics are completely different. I don't look nearly as good as Kim does at that level of body fat. She's genetically gifted in the way that she is shaped. My hips are way bigger than Jamie Easons however. I am striving for MY perfect body, not based on what the media says is perfect base on what I want and what I can achieve given my genetics. I'm glad you don't want what I want. Find what you do want, strive to accomplish that and screw everyone else.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

I agree. I was guessing 25% by looking at her.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    lol She just has a "baby making body"...........Big hips, big butt, and big thighs....With that being said, I'd kill for that kind of body! lol
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Honestly, do you know anyone who is shaped like her? I know women who have her top half, I know women who have her bottom half.

I like the fact she is bringing the curvy back...but she is NOT REAL! Her figure is too perfect. If she wants to be a role model to women, then she needs to be honest. please tell about all of her implants...Somehow I think she is very self absorbed individual....hummm...
    I have to say this....

Her younger sister has an hourglass figure too. She's just bigger than Kim K. Most women from the Middle East and Southeast Asia have hourglass figures like Kim K. Just different sizes, that's all. Just because you do not know anyone shaped like her, doesn't mean they don't exist. :o)