The Wii Fit Team!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I think when I know the board is measuring my every shake, I get nervous and start to shake more.:angry: Then I get worse results! It just doesn't make sense!:wink:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Fitgal411-I'm doing the Hula Hoop everyday and will report my highest score next week. Yes, I've unlocked the zen one, but only did it once.

Jb-I like your idea of doing it at the end. It will be a great way to relax and cool down after excercising. I'll start doing that from now on.

I think I have to agree on the shaking more when on the balance board. It's probably just being nervous waiting for the voice to tell me my leg is shaking.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Welcome new members!

Basically, you set your own goals and we check in on Tuesdays. Nintendo has the calories burned on their website. Basically, Wii Box is 8 calories a minute, other aerobics are 6 and the other games came in between 3-4.

For those who can physically do it, we are having a challenge this week on who can get the highest score on the basic beginning hula hoop.

MFP is a great site.

Jam
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    Hello...just coming across this thread and thought I'd chime in! I have had my wii fit since April and about a month ago my 1 year old took off with 2 of my "feet" and I wasn't able to use it up until yesterday LOL. I did come across a site (and sorry if this was already posted) that gives you routines to do to achieve certain goals. It's called WiiFitRoutine.com. I haven't tried anything on it yet but plan on it shortly. I'm gonna try to jump in on the hula hoop challenge! I'm usually pretty good at it!! :happy:
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    i have a question....do you guys wear shoes while doing this or no?
  • jam0525
    Options
    Amanda- Yoga needs to be barefoot and I just never put my shoes on for the others either. I'm going to go check out WiiFitRoutine right now. Jam
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I don't usually put my shoes on unless I'm doing a run, and sometimes keep them on for stepping (I have bad knees so I need the support), but everything else is barefoot.
    I just found WiiFitRoutine today too, great site! It would be nice if it would figure out your calories per routine though :wink: Oh well, we can't have everything right! :bigsmile:
    Hope everyone's having a good week :flowerforyou:
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    ok, that's what i thought! thanks! i have really bad feet so i definitely need to wear shoes while doing the running parts. yeah wouldn't it be nice if they did the calories too!? i've been looking all over to try to find the calories burned on things from it but have had no luck. oh well...at least there's a jogging in place option on the exercise log :)
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    ok, that's what i thought! thanks! i have really bad feet so i definitely need to wear shoes while doing the running parts. yeah wouldn't it be nice if they did the calories too!? i've been looking all over to try to find the calories burned on things from it but have had no luck. oh well...at least there's a jogging in place option on the exercise log :)
    [/quote

This site gives the calories, its in japanese, but its not too hard to figure out... http://wii.com/jp/mets/
    It's helpful if you want to get an idea. I usually just put it under general arobics and yoga :flowerforyou:
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    lol wow you must know a little japanese to be able to navigate through that site! i'm lost! i saw the video they showed on how to figure it out but was like :huh: when i was done watching it! LOL
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    Haha, no, I think someone else just explained it more than I did :wink: So I'll help you figure it out a little...click on the green box with the arrow (the one in the middle, not the bottom), then put in your weight in KG....then click the green button to go to the next screen (the one right under where you put your weight in)....then use the pics to choose your exercise...then put in how long you did it for with the arrows (in mins)....then click the green button to go to the next page, and voila, there are your calories burned =0) It can be a bit confusing but it at least gives you the jist of it. I hope this helps, sorry to have not given you much info before :bigsmile: Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • jam0525
    Options
    I accidently clicked on 2ppl run today, so my daughter joined me. She wiped the track with me. lol Tomorrow my son wants to challenge me. I might have opened a can of worms with this.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hi all,

Hula Hoop best score for the week is 278.

I don't think I will get to do the hula hoop again before Tuesday as my kids are "demanding" I go jogging with them tomorrow morning as they train for sports. Now, that I can do the Island Lap for 10 minutes, they want to drag me down the road with them.

Some friends are having swim party tomorrow evening to escape from our 100 degree plus heat spell.

As far as my goal of doing it 4 x a week for 30 each 2 aerobics and 2 yoga/strength goes I will make that. I've done 2 yoga/strength days and 1 aerobics and Monday I will do my last aerobic day for the week.

Today is our family movie/dinner event. We try to do that every couple of months. I've been looking up the menus on the internet for where we are going and it doesn't look promising. I just hope it taste really good for the calories it will use up.

Good Luck everyone with the weekend!

JAM
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am fairly new - The 15th is when I joined. Good luck to you! Just wanted to mention that we are at about the same weight right now and both need to be at 130-135. We can do it! I have done it before just need to get that baby weight off. My son just turned 17 yesterday and my newest is 1 so, I need drop another 35 or so....

Currently I am at 169 and need to be at 135 possibly lower. I am loving this site. I would really like to get the Advance for my wii. I love the regular wii but need to vary up my routine. I do Kettlebells and wii and have been doing them since December. Going to check out the WiiFitRoutine site and see what that's all about.

Good luck with all of your workouts! :happy:
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    Hi all,

Hula Hoop best score for the week is 278.

I don't think I will get to do the hula hoop again before Tuesday as my kids are "demanding" I go jogging with them tomorrow morning as they train for sports. Now, that I can do the Island Lap for 10 minutes, they want to drag me down the road with them.

Some friends are having swim party tomorrow evening to escape from our 100 degree plus heat spell.

As far as my goal of doing it 4 x a week for 30 each 2 aerobics and 2 yoga/strength goes I will make that. I've done 2 yoga/strength days and 1 aerobics and Monday I will do my last aerobic day for the week.

Today is our family movie/dinner event. We try to do that every couple of months. I've been looking up the menus on the internet for where we are going and it doesn't look promising. I just hope it taste really good for the calories it will use up.

Good Luck everyone with the weekend!

JAM

not sure if you're aware of dottie's weight loss zone (dwlz.com) it's more for weight watchers but it lists lots of restaurants and most of their meals and what the point values would be. i'm not sur eif it would help you or not but it's worth a try to check out!
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    Haha, no, I think someone else just explained it more than I did :wink: So I'll help you figure it out a little...click on the green box with the arrow (the one in the middle, not the bottom), then put in your weight in KG....then click the green button to go to the next screen (the one right under where you put your weight in)....then use the pics to choose your exercise...then put in how long you did it for with the arrows (in mins)....then click the green button to go to the next page, and voila, there are your calories burned =0) It can be a bit confusing but it at least gives you the jist of it. I hope this helps, sorry to have not given you much info before :bigsmile: Good luck! :flowerforyou:

ok i must've done something wrong because it's saying i burned like 3500 calories which isn't true. i did about an 1.5 hrs on wii fit that's not nearly enough for that many calories! LOL but i was writing down the amounts as they were being given so i got a pretty good idea. is this pretty accurate? i did do a lot but i came up with 944 and that seems way too high! i'm not complaining but it's just weird. maybe i'll try it again and see what it says. thanks so much for going through it step by step for me! :) you're a great wii fit teammate! :glasses:
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Options
    i figured out what i did wrong...on the ones where you can choose the reps (like the tricep ext) and the length of time ones (like the boxing) i'd click on the reps or the time then i'd put in the amount of time i did in minutes which really was supposed to be the times you did that many reps or that many minutes! LOL well at least i figured it out and i got a way more accurate amount of 501 calories! :smile: thanks for telling me about this!
  • jb_sweet_99
    Options
    YAY! I'm glad you figured it out, and it's not a problem at all explaining it, glad it could help :flowerforyou:
  • cdwinters
    cdwinters Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I have a Wii fit and was using it daily for my workouts but since I have had the summer off I have been going to the gym with the kids. I go back to work next week and will be moving back to using the Wii for most, if not all of my workout as it is tough most days to get to the gym with the kids.

Also, how do you log your calories burned/exercises for the Wii?

• HeatherD
    HeatherD Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Me too! I am jumping on this band wagon!
    I commit to 5 hours a week or more..:

I need the motivation! Thanks for starting this!

X Heatherflowerforyou: