Publicly humiliating someone is mental.

Options

Replies

• batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I would have done the same as you...However had my best friend been with me, she would have punched him in the mouth and said something like "that's why *kitten* shouldn't talk"

LOL! +1!

don't let him get you down! i'd rather be fat than MEAN!!! you can change your appearance, but he will probably be an *kitten* forever -- how miserable!
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That's horrible! Don't let it get you down...there are a**holes everywhere. I bet you looked absolutely gorgeous! Don't let something like this prevent you from dressing up again.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    No balls required to be a d-bag.
    Have pity on the fool and don't give his ugly thoughts room in your head.

Big props to you for getting out of the house and living your life.
    Living well is the best revenge. :flowerforyou:
  • columbae86
    Options
    I am extremely sorry to read your story. What that man yelled is absolutely unacceptable and he should have been thrown out for his disgusting conduct. He probably has no self-esteem and wanted to get attention from other low self-esteem people in order to feel good in his douche bag life. I am convinced you looked absolutely fabulous, and you deserve all the respect and self-esteem in the world. Doing what we are doing - making our best to lose weight and feel good in our skin - takes a lot of courage. Don't let that rude being ruin your opinion of yourself.

P.S.: I don't know if you're like me, but on my bad days, when I feel sad and I am not able to resist eating because something hurt me that I can't fix right away, instead of going for cookies, I go for unsweetened half-frozen fruits : they take lots of time to eat since they're still a bit frozen and are low calorie. So if you're the same as me on this regard, try my trick! It's satisfying comfort food... ;-) Don't give up the good habits you started!! :-)

Good luck!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I just had a dumba$$ in the grocery store make rude comments. Don't let it get you down, you are gorgeous and you probably looked beautiful. I would have yelled out "I can fix my weight, but no plastic surgeon in the world can fix your face" or something like that....or I would have gone and had fun despite him. People are jerks, but you can't let them dictate your life.
  • rubycube86
    rubycube86 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What a cruel, cruel man :( I'm very sorry that happened to you. You're the better person. I am not surprised, however, about this kind of behaviour nowadays. I get abuse off people because of the colour of my hair. It's naturally ginger. A couple of weeks ago a lady shouted "ginger cow!" at me. I felt so humiliated. She was about 30, so old enough to know better. The fact that people can openly insult someone because of their appearance just disgusts me...
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Oh man, these people. Where do they come from? I don't understand why people are so heartless. He obviously didn't have any home training growing up.

You are a very beautiful young woman. Don't let scum like that bring you down.

He probably looked like a troll anyway. What a dog!
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing, and whenever you need support for any reason I'm here for you too. Every one of you.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    you didn´t deserved to be treated that way. It tell more about the kind of men he is and has nothing to do about your self worth. Hug
  • dandybug
    dandybug Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Arg! That makes me cringe just reading your story. Embarrassment can be hard to get over, but please don't let some drunk in a bar define who you are. He clearly has some issues, probably with all women. You have great support here!
  • lpblah
    lpblah Posts: 28
    Options
    You should have gotten a beer and dumped it on his fat head.
    keep up with great work with your weight loss, people like that hate themselves....he probably has a fetus penis.

LOL!!!! I wish MFP had a "Like" button!!
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope that guy gets what he deserves. He probably lives a life that is no where near worth living compared to yours.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    What a cruel, cruel man :( I'm very sorry that happened to you. You're the better person. I am not surprised, however, about this kind of behaviour nowadays. I get abuse off people because of the colour of my hair. It's naturally ginger. A couple of weeks ago a lady shouted "ginger cow!" at me. I felt so humiliated. She was about 30, so old enough to know better. The fact that people can openly insult someone because of their appearance just disgusts me...

OH MY WORD THAT IS AWFUL
    And it's sickening how much you'd think these people should know better.
    I'm sorry for what the world is coming to, you can't give anyone the benefit of the doubt to have common courtesy or respect.
  • confuzzledwife
    Options
    What an ahole! The issue isn't YOU, the issue is that he can't get any from any woman, fat or thin and he's frustrated. :wink:
  • justacougar
    Options
    Looking at your main photo, you are a beautiful women!

He was probably mad because he knew he had no chance with you. Keep your head up and strut your stuff!!!
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    OMG. That is awful. I can't believe the nerve of some people. They were never taught manners or thoughtfulness. My son will be taught that that it is never okay to be that harsh or cruel. That boy's mother should have done the same. He should be ashamed of himself!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    That clown isn't worth thinking about for another minute. Trust me. He goes home at night, takes off his pants and cries alone in the mirror.

You have done amazing work and you're not stopping now! Don't ever let small, awful people like that win. Not ever. You're too good for that.
  • linda231
    linda231 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What a idiot he was, you are doing awesome! Keep it up. :)
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'd have thrown that drink right in his face!

Yup ^
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    On behalf of men - even the jerks, ok, especially the jerks - I'd like to say, sorry.

Ya almost have to feel bad for a guy so bereft of anything positive in his life that the only way he can get attention is by putting someone else down. Almost, but not quite.

I really hope you know don't let this get to you. Unless you choose to use it as motivation to get in good enough shape that should you see this person again you would be able to rip his still beating heart from his chest, show it to him and then toss it in a trash can.

There was a line on an old TV show I used to watch. A doctor was working on a wounded soldier and he was losing him and screamed, "Don't let the b*st*rd win!"

He was talking about war and death, but I use it daily in lotsa situations and I think it could work here.

This person - and I use this term lightly - is not worth even a second more of your time.