"Thick" girls

Options

Replies

• Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have been called "sturdy" more times than I care to count (foot-in-mouth-diseased-soon-to-be-ex-husband). I don't like "thick" all that much either, but "voluptuous" is I guess too much to ask for.

This post (and many others on this thread) shows that we should choose our adjectives carefully, especially when describing the body of someone we love. :smile:

I describe my wife's body as "kick-*kitten*." She seems to like that. :smile:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    ^ yea I agree!
    Christina-Milian-fast-walking-09.jpg

If you think that is thick then you need your head examined!!! She has a booty for sure but that girl is a lean mean fighting machine. I would hate to see what you would say about me.

She looks thick to me. She's thin in the stomach, but I wouldn't call her lean because of that.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i aways thought that thick was a new way of saying hourglass shaped. at least that's how i've heard men use it . i think it's only recently been repurposed by some women to be a euphemism for overweight. sorta like curvy.. one can be overweight and curvy/thick but being overweight doesnt immediately make you curvy/thick.
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    To be thick here means dumb!

Yep, in the UK, thick means stupid.

This
  • LEENASHER
    LEENASHER Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think from all of us here trying to lose weight, talking between thick and thin is a longgg way to go:)
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    ^ yea I agree!
    Christina-Milian-fast-walking-09.jpg

If you think that is thick then you need your head examined!!! She has a booty for sure but that girl is a lean mean fighting machine. I would hate to see what you would say about me.

She looks thick to me. She's thin in the stomach, but I wouldn't call her lean because of that.

Yes, to many bigger ladies she is "thin" but in reality her tummy and arms are slender but her booty and thighs are bigger than typical for the rest of her body. That makes her "thick." I know a lot of larger overweight or obese ladies who call themselves thick and/or curvy so they have kind of changed the meaning but when guys say it, they mean someone like Christina Millian, JLo, Beyonce, etc. Booty and thighs but NO BELLY to match.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I have heard it all since I have been in the south they call that "country thick", before I gained weight I was always called thick (145ish), like Beyonce and Janet (would be called thick). Sometimes thick is a nicer way off saying a few extra pounds to my knowledge.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I don't use the term thick. I like saying sturdy instead.
    How many women have you picked up? I say 0.
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Photos provided by hubby! These are "thick" women. Christina Milian in the pink and white striped bikini is my goal. We have the exact same body, height, type and all!

VG.jpg
    tumblr_kvjakiy9ZR1qzruh6o1_400.jpg
    SH.jpg
    CM2.jpg
    CM.jpg
    Beyonce.jpg
    annie-thao-delanthony-5.jpg
    22.jpg

First time posting pics so hope it works. If it doesnt someone please fix! Thank you!
  • Robbie32
    Robbie32 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thickness is in the eyes of the beholder. It basically means you got whats good and a little extra makes it better!!
  • Robbie32
    Robbie32 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Take it from someone who has alot of extra but in the good places. Its a compliment!! Think Volumtuous!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Photos provided by hubby! These are "thick" women. Christina Milian in the pink and white striped bikini is my goal. We have the exact same body, height, type and all!

CM2.jpg

First time posting pics so hope it works. If it doesnt someone please fix! Thank you!
    that girl is freaking gorgeous
    always had a thing for black girls :D
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    To be thick here means dumb!

Ditto (in the UK).
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    from urban dictionary...lol

Thick

A woman with a perfect body, filled-in in places that are, by nature, designed to attract the opposite sex, such as the thighs, the hips, the breasts, and the most lovely part of all, the booty.

Well then sign me up for "thick" :)
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Wow, language is a strange thing. I'd be completely insulted to be called thick - it means stupid in my part of the world.
    In the context of weight - I could only guess that it means the opposite of thin and it wouldn't sound like a compliment to me.

I'd never heard this term until I found MFP, I guess it is one of those US words that we may as well get used to because it will end up here (Australia) sooner or later.

Until I read this thread, I thought "thick" was slightly overweight or a little bit of chubbiness! In fact, I described somebody as such the other day, really odd that it could vary from its actual meaning (or the term thick-headed) to being Hot and healthy! I wont complain! I'd rather be considered THAT kind of Thick than Skinny or Thin! ha ha!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

I wouldn't consider her thick. The majority of the others though (excluding the last one) hell yes. I guess it's all personal preference because if I see abs or ribs, then I would never describe a woman as "thick." Doesn't mean I consider them unattractive, but it's a different type of hot.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I always considered the term "thick" as it applied to a persons' intelligence. As in "She's a little thick." or "Dense".

I don't have a list for Thick women. Used to have a "To Do" list, but I have hidden it from my wife, way back in my sock drawer.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Yes Please! I think woman of color understand the word Thick as its a term used more with certain racial groups then others. Also if you listen to hip hop you would understand.

Now where are all the Thicky Thick girls at!! :love: :love:
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Thick is good.....atleast it is, where I live!!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    According to my man, who prefers "thick" girls, they are naturally curvy girls. The ones with a flat tummy but rounded hips, rounder bigger butt and thighs. Think salma hayek, kim k, beyonce, christina millian. They are thin in the tummy, arms, etc but the butt and thighs are kickin like bruce lee. Lol

Edit to add my man says sometimes too big is too much and wouldnt be considered thick.

Yes this is the best description thus far. Thick or curvy women without being overweight or super skinny/boney. They look fit, small waist, but curvy hips/butt/legs.