• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

Correcting grammar = makes people feel stupid = bullying

I like jokes. This is one, yes? FFS.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Can someone make me a moderator so I can make threads like these 'disappear'?

:flowerforyou:

I cannot effing believe this is still here.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm a buttercream snob.

I'm very picky about buttercream.
    Nothing worse than bad buttercream! So, what's your favorite?
  • barkin43
    Options
    Yep there are plenty of us, we can be snarky, snobby, and biotchy. But what it boils down to is finding those you click with and hitting friend request. You don't like our attitudes? Then pass on by....please.

I don't know what you are talking about. I have not seen any of this. Just rainbows and unicorns everywhere.

Cornify_Sketch02_square.jpg

This makes me wanna LOL out loud!
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    Keep MFP for tracking your calorie intakes...leave the socializing to FB and Twitter...plain and simple.:bigsmile:
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Keep MFP for tracking your calorie intakes...leave the socializing to FB and Twitter...plain and simple.:bigsmile:

^^^^^THIS!!!!

I agree - How has this not been locked?
  • barkin43
    Options
    I have been posting here for close to two months on a regular basis. I have not ever felt anyone was being less than supportive or snobby towards me. I have over 100 pals cheering me on. How cool is that?! I am sure there are those that are less than friendly, but you get that anywhere.
    Well, you probably were just lucky enough to get in with the "in" crowd! Oops! Just kidding ya'll! It's a joke! Don't you people know a joke when you see one!!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Yes, that I get. However seems like there are a lot more than usual, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.

It's true. There a fair number of people who comment on the message boards just to be snarky/rude/controversial. I'll be honest, though -- it gets me through the work day :drinker:
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Ignore the haters! It's most likely not you they are hating on. Life is too short to be anything less than happy, so ignore the sad little people that go out of their way to make others miserable and enjoy your life.
  • barkin43
    Options
    Can we just all get along here?:drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :angry: :blushing:
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am not a snob, I just don't like dumb people.
  • barkin43
    Options
    IMO, the snob thing is simple: there are people here (and everywhere else) who think they know everything, and those people are very annoying to those of us who really do know everything.

In the same vein, those people who think they are somehow superior are a constant annoyance to us select few who really are superior.

And those who have apparently joined MFP merely to show off what they think is is hottest sexy bod ever to grace humankind - me, well, I personally regard them as (mildly) amusing to those of who *know* that we've got the hottest sexy bods ever to grace humankind, right here beneath all the excess poundage we're workiing so hard to lose. :wink:
    Just to add that, since we're all subject to the human frailties I'm poking fun at above, I figure I might as well let the know-it-alls & better-than-alls persist in their delusions; since to take on every know-it-all* and better-than-all on the internet is a task I could never finish and don't care to begin.

(*Unless some know-it-all claims that I, specifically, am wrong about some specific fact that I have put forth and about which I know that I am right. Then my intellectual honor demands that I make clear just exactly how wrong that person is. But despite my compulsion to do this, I can still acknowledge that is pretty much a dead waste of time. :ohwell: )

Those too sexy for this forum seem to be here mostly to meet others too sexy for this forum, so I might as well just ignore them so that they can run off and do whatever it is that people who are too sexy for the internet do on the internet.

The gist of it is that, unless people's jerky behavior directly affects me, an internet forum is a great place to just ignore them and let them jerk away at each other.
    ROTFLMAO! VERY GOOD! Except I'm not really rolling on the floor cuz I could never get up and I really wish I could LMAO cuz it's way too big!:laugh: :wink: :drinker:
  • barkin43
    Options
    No, trust me. That girl is that dumb. She's still that dumb and she's about 40 now. It's amazing she hasn't drown in the rain.

Okay, well I give.......but point is, no one should be calling anyone dumb, even if that's what we think of the person. Its just not nice.
    I had a friend who asked me how many brothers our service manager had. I replied "three" and proceeded to name them all. She then turned to me and asked "are they all boys?"!!! I couldn't resist answering, "No, one of his brothers is a girl!"
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Im not a snob but I know how you feel!! I always have the feeling I am being ignored that is why I don't post as much.

MJ :-)

You concluded this having posted 4 times?

Maybe you need to post a little more, to ease into the place? And put a pic up. It doesn't have to be you, if you don't want to, but something to represent you. It makes you feel more human than the blue blob and people are far more likely to respond to you.
  • barkin43
    Options
    Meh - there are jacka$$es everywhere.. as someone else mentioned - take them with a grain of salt!

But . . . what about those of us that are trying to limit our sodium??!?!?!?!???

:wink:
    one grain of salt shouldn't be a big problem!
  • Brightstar4031
    Brightstar4031 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's an observation. If your insulted then that's on you.
    No, what's insulting is a topic about being snobbish from someone who lacks grammar skills. When I see stuff like this, it tells me you're (take note-- it's "you're" not your--- these are basic concepts taught in elementary school) not all that swift.

It’s narrow minded to assume my grammar error is directly linked to my intelligence. Perhaps it was a mistake. Do you feel like an internet tough guy now?
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm not a snob and I dislike childish drama. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    It's an observation. If your insulted then that's on you.
    No, what's insulting is a topic about being snobbish from someone who lacks grammar skills. When I see stuff like this, it tells me you're (take note-- it's "you're" not your--- these are basic concepts taught in elementary school) not all that swift.

Its insulting to everyone when they are being told about poor grammar that they are using from people who refuse to look at themselves first and realize that they themselves aren't perfect when it comes to it. And in the event that you know you aren't perfect, why set that grammar bar so high for others when you don't hold yourself to the same standards? Plus, when no one is perfect and we are all prone to mistakes, its not nice to sling an insult to her intelligence like that because last I checked, Brightstar didn't point fingers at anyone......she made a generalized statement about the overall feeling she got from the board. And I am sorry if you were ever hurt or insulted by any of what she had said--I am certain she didn't mean to. But two wrongs certainly don't make a right.

It’s narrow minded to assume my grammar error is directly linked to my intelligence. Perhaps it was a mistake. Do you feel like an internet tough guy now?

And honestly, on her behalf, no matter if she was in the wrong or not for saying what she said (which I believe she was wrong for saying anything against your intelligence), its not narrow mindedness assumptions. I simply would call it a lack of looking at oneself in the mirror and realizing no one is perfect and so therefore, she shouldnt ask others to be either. And from what I have experienced, you can't make someone come to terms with something that they themselves will deny. She'll come around to it in her own time on her own terms.
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    None of this is real. There is no spoon.

What are you saying? If there is no spoon, then what the heck am I bending here? :wink: :laugh:

Is that you Uri?

No Uri here, just me :wink:
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Yep there are plenty of us, we can be snarky, snobby, and biotchy. But what it boils down to is finding those you click with and hitting friend request. You don't like our attitudes? Then pass on by....please.

I don't know what you are talking about. I have not seen any of this. Just rainbows and unicorns everywhere.

Cornify_Sketch02_square.jpg

This makes me wanna LOL out loud!

So are you saying you are going to Laugh Out Loud, Out Loud?