You know you're serious about losing weight when....

Options

Replies

• just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    When you give a girl scout that look like "if you ask me if I want to buy a box of cookies I will give you the People's Elbow in from of this WalMart"
    Awww! The Peoples Elbow
    ...When your significant other (currently deployed) tells you he’d rather hear how your day actually was than what/when you ate/worked out.
    ...When you actually send those pictures he’s been asking for!
    ...When you respond to ANYONE else’s pain in workout terms (Pain is temporary!)
    ...When you have a “crush” on guys at the gym because they can lift more than you.
    ...When MFP on your phone is too hard while running sprints so you text yourself the times to track immediately after you’re finished.
    ...When you can’t decide if you want a sports bra or running shoes with your bday/Christmas money.
    When you realize you have to balance your diet just like you balance your checkbook!
    AMEN
    ...When Rachel Ray suggests you add a mile or two to your run and you *know* it’ll take at least 5 miles to burn off all the cheese/bacon she just added.
    ...Wfter two glasses of wine (preplanned of course) you & your bff have a squat contest and you win. At 147. Without falling down dead.
    ...When you have the day off and can only think about working in a run. A long run.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    ... I say no to a chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting.

Frankly though, that could be a sign of serious illness.
  • SanDFit
    SanDFit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you try to drown your sorrows in Jillian Michael's 30 DS workout instead of a tub of chocolate icecream
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    you rather walk then drive to whatever you need to go
    you rather eat healthy then mcdonalds/junkfood so grab a fruit or a veggie
  • melinda_great
    melinda_great Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    your boss gives you gourmet chocolates and you give them away without eating one.

you don't like to eat anything without knowing the nutrition information and referring to MFP to see how it fits into your day..you also insist on weigh out portions before you eat.

your coworkers start being apologetic when they invite you to go out to lunch because they know you're trying to lose weight and feel like they're tempting you, but don't want to exclude you either.

you have multiple conversations daily about exercise and nutrition with people who aren't on MFP.

you catch yourself tallying other people's calories when you eat with them.

you bought running shoes and workout clothes with your Christmas and birthday money.
  • sarahadele
    Options
    You log into MFP before facebook
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    * when you pick your 8 year old up after school and her first questions are "what's for dinner? & What's our exercise today?"

* when same 8 year old knows how to bag up her own snacks from a big bag and count out a proper serving size

* when you just can't bear to "drink" your calories, 140 calories of juice or food, i'm going with food every.single.time!

* when your s/o is mad cause you buy your own seperate 100- calorie snacks (for my sweet tooth) that are off limits to them because they eat 2 to 3 packs a sitting instead of the one

* you carry crystal light packets in your purse to add to your water when you eat out

* you recite the calorie count on something everytime someone offers you something unhealthy
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    When you look forward to the weekend, not just because it's time off work, but it's also more time to spend in the gym

When you avoid seeing friends as you know whatever you do with them with revolve around high fat food!

When you put off uni work to go to the gym.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    When I reach for a piece of fruit instead of something sweet.

When I look forward to running everyday

When I find a way to make everything I do some type of exercise.
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You give your girl scout cookies away without even opening the box.
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    - you wake up early knowing you have to work a 12 hour shift just to go to the gym

- you actually measure out a serving size of everything you eat

- you have the will power to say no to your favorite unhealthy food.
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    - you put your kids candy away without sneaking any
  • midodes29
    midodes29 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    when i say NO to eating at fastfood chains
    NO to FRIES,PIZZA,RICE,PASTA
    more interested in MFP than chatting
    enjoying myself wid zumba and belly dancing everyday... :tongue:
  • lucysanchez916
    lucysanchez916 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your husband complains because there are no potatoe chips, or "good stuff" to eat in the house, all you have are apples, bananas and oranges.....
  • gigiwaterloo
    gigiwaterloo Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    LOVE it! too funny!!!
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    ....you vacuum out your car and discover candy and french fries.... and realize you haven't touched any of that stuff in over 2 months! :noway: (Maybe my car will stay clean now?)
    ...you dream about eating junk food, and wake up in a cold sweat because in your dream you went over your calorie limit!
  • katara74
    katara74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Your son says "Mommy I can put my arms around you" or he asks " do you have any calories left" or "are you still on the elliptical"

You ask your other co-worker who is also using MFP - "why dont they bring in platters of fruits instead of donuts and danishes"
  • katara74
    katara74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You have MFP bookmarked on your computer, downloaded to your Ipad 2 and as an Android app on your cell phone. I was sitting at a basketball game and was entering in my calories..lol
  • bamandajo
    Options
    You give your girl scout cookies away without even opening the box.

I so did that too!! All 4 boxes!
  • JoCam127
    JoCam127 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Your current 'Wish List' consists of a HRM, a nutritional food scale, a blender & a medicine ball :)

Your partner walks into the room, looks at the TV that is frozen & has a message on it stating 'You have reached the end of the recording' & says "Ummm, your show is over" cause you were working out along with the instructor on TV but didn't feel that you got enough out of it so were still on the floor doing bicycle crunches :D

You inform the children that when purchasing Easter chocolate for Mummy this year, quality over quantity please, as Mummy can't have much so it had better be good ;)