MFP Runner's Club

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options

Good news today. I just came back from my follow up appointment with the sports medicine doctor. Things are good. The knot on my shin is gone and there is no pain. I gave him the update on my orthotics, PT and running. He said "as long as you are happy then I am happy". I told him I still had twinges of pain and he said it would come and go. I only need to see him when I feel I need to see him. I told him it wouldn't be for a long time because I plan on working smart and not hurting myself again!

Woohoo! Happy dance for ya!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    be VERY glad you can't see it!:laugh:
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Becky -- I have that dancing vision stored right there next to the pack of bulls chasing you! You crack me up!!!:bigsmile:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also new to MFP and am a returning runner. I have done one and only one 5K race last year and that was when I was in my best shape. Now I'm trying to get back there and it seems harder than it did when I first began a couple years ago. Any tips? I'm at my desk or in class most of the day so I'm lucky to get a run in. I have slight exercise induced asthma that had gone away but is sadly back so I'm stuck on the treadmill in the non-humid and pollen infested air. Hope someone out there has some tips for me :wink:

Just one tip - Couch to 5k program:drinker:

Welcome new posters:flowerforyou: We're glad you're here!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Good news today. I just came back from my follow up appointment with the sports medicine doctor. Things are good. The knot on my shin is gone and there is no pain. I gave him the update on my orthotics, PT and running. He said "as long as you are happy then I am happy". I told him I still had twinges of pain and he said it would come and go. I only need to see him when I feel I need to see him. I told him it wouldn't be for a long time because I plan on working smart and not hurting myself again!

Awesome, Sherry! :drinker: That is fantastic news! See you September 20th, then, huh?? :drinker:
  • hessied
    Options
    Just got done with my 9 for the day. I timed it perfectly -- about half way through the skies opened up and it downpoured. It was such a relief from this humidity. I was completely drenched, including my new running shows (it's only my 4 time running in them). So what to you guys do with completely soaked shoes? Air dry or dryer??

Welcome kgolovin, Robin and jdubard! You've found a good bunch here. :flowerforyou:
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Oh man I love running in the rain, as long as it's not cold lol. As for the shoes. When the rain stops, stick them back outside to air dry. I used to use my dryer but it seemed to stiffent the shoes, plus it doesn't sound like it's doing any good to your dryer haha.
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Just got done with my 9 for the day. I timed it perfectly -- about half way through the skies opened up and it downpoured. It was such a relief from this humidity. I was completely drenched, including my new running shows (it's only my 4 time running in them). So what to you guys do with completely soaked shoes? Air dry or dryer??

Welcome kgolovin, Robin and jdubard! You've found a good bunch here. :flowerforyou:

my shoes are still wet from Sunday's rain run! I put them upside down over the A/C vent today. hopefully they will be better by tomorrow. Had to run in an old pair this morning.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Awesome, Sherry! :drinker: That is fantastic news! See you September 20th, then, huh?? :drinker:

I will be there cheering you on. :smokin:
  • SherryRH
    Options
    double post
  • SherryRH
    Options

If my shoes get wet, I unlace them except for the bottom one so I don't have worry about getting them even again. Then I pull the tongue all the way out and if you have inserts pull them out and they should be dry in no time. No rain here so maybe it will head this way?
  • hessied
    Options

If my shoes get wet, I unlace them except for the bottom one so I don't have worry about getting them even again. Then I pull the tongue all the way out and if you have inserts pull them out and they should be dry in no time. No rain here so maybe it will head this way?

Thanks for the tip on drying.

The rain was weird. It downpoured at the lake (PVP) big time. I was so worried, because I left my house with every window open. But, when I got home, everything was bone dry in my neighborhood. I guess the storm was pretty isolated. Good for my house! :happy: Did it ever come your way?
  • kechiemc
    Options

I air dry. However, I have had my shoes get so wet that after a day of air drying I had to break out the blow dryer to help them out.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I'm resting today with a Leslie Sansome video and Pilates.

The thread will lock soon. So join me on the new thread when you can.

chat soon
    -Kechie.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

I air dry. However, I have had my shoes get so wet that after a day of air drying I had to break out the blow dryer to help them out.

Try newspaper. Open your shoes and stuff newspaper in them. For some reason it dries them out. Got the tip from another running friend and it worked like a charm!
  • bgood14
    bgood14 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    for anyone still checking in here, the new thread can be found at:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61558-mfp-runner-s-club
  • bgood14
    Options
    i think just 4 more posts will lock this one up...i'm going to try it.
  • bgood14
    Options
    three more...
  • bgood14
    Options
    two more...
  • bgood14
    Options
    okay, this should be it...curious to see what happens...