"If it's less than 30 minutes, don't log it."

Options

Replies

• creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Each to their own :) I log 30ds which is less than 30 mins.
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That is crazy, log what you feel is beyond your normal activity. I don't sweep and mop 2200 sq ft every day by hand so on the days I have to I will log it if I feel like it and sometimes I only log 120 cals on my eliptical (on my rest day) versus my 200-400 HIIT days- and weight lifting doesn't burn as much according to my HRM- but I log it!
  • bobbin1
    bobbin1 Posts: 60
    Options
    OK if you are not suppose to log anything less then 30 minutes what happens if you do 10min in the morning 10 in afternoon and then say 15 in evening you have now done 35 min. of exercising what then? They are saying none of it counts. Don't think so. I did the exercising I am going to log it, every little bit helps.:happy:
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thats crazy talk! What would be the point of taking the stairs all day, or fitting in that quick morning walk, etc if everything had to be 30 minutes. Let that person do what works for them...and you do what works for you.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Tell her to run full speed for 29 min and then advise it doesn't count.
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I log everything... even if I just cleaned for 10 minutes or went on a short walk with my dogs. Now I may not eat back the exercise calories that I logged but I still want to see what I have done. I like logging everything so I can look back and see if I did something a little extra that pushed me to lose that extra .5 lb.

That's just me personally though.
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I log my workouts, regardless of the time. Helps me to stay accountable and chart my progress. Also helps me to check on myself and make sure that I am sticking with my weekly goals.
    I don't personally log cleaning, etc. But, in my opinion, it's to each their own. Maybe they have a reason for keeping track that way. Who am I to judge someone elses physical activity.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Total BS. Jullian Michaels 30 Day Shred is only 25 minutes. I've burned in excess of 300 calories - (wearing my HRM)!
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    baby steps create change too-- *and im out-- Bye!* :)
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    i go walking for my 15 minute breaks. it only burns like 70 cals but if i do that twice a day it adds up. if i need to log every single thing i put in my mouth then you better believe im logging every activity i do.
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    Total BS. Jullian Michaels 30 Day Shred is only 25 minutes. I've burned in excess of 300 calories - (wearing my HRM)!

and i did her kickboxing today for 20 minutes and was drenched in weat.. ;)
  • carriework
    carriework Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Everything counts!!! you could do 4 times 10 and that would be 40 minutes!!!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the person is working under the theory that fat burning doesn't take place until after 30 minutes of steady exercise. I've heard that espoused here and other places. Of course, that doesn't matter because it's total energy in vs. energy expended that determines weight loss. When it comes to your body, it truly is a zero sum game.

^^ I like this ^^
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Who made them boss of your tracker?
    I agree weither its 5 minutes, 10 minutes or 50 minutes it's still burning calories and you can track it. Some people can't start out at 30 minutes of exercise they may need to start at 10 or 15. Everyone is different. How about that person delete themself and worry about what their doing not others?
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    i go walking for my 15 minute breaks. it only burns like 70 cals but if i do that twice a day it adds up. if i need to log every single thing i put in my mouth then you better believe im logging every activity i do.
    love this ^^^
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have logged less than 30 mins when I tried the 30DS. To me it was a lot harder than an hour of something else.

My usual exercise is walking though and I only log it if it's 30 mins or over AND if it's over what I would normally do in a day e.g. I don't log walking to the shop etc. which is probably a 30 minute round trip but I did log walking home from work today because I normally get a lift.

My activity level is set at 'lightly active' so I figure some walking would be included in that as well as my work (housekeeping / cleaning). That's just my personal way of doing it. It makes little difference to my calories when I log a 30 minute walk but I just like to see what I've burned out of interest.
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That is ridiculous! Ummm there is a program out there by Tony Horton called "Ten Minute Trainer"..... you can do just one 10 minute workout, 2 or stack 3. You also do not have to do them together. I have seen someone get great results with this. This person complaining is an uneducated idiot in the area of fitness. SMH.
  • sarahkbarnes
    Options
    That's absurd.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Tha sounds really stupid.
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hey if you do it...log it.