How Long Before Someone Noticed Your Loss??

Options

Replies

• DBlythe50
    DBlythe50 Posts: 18
    Options
    I started my life style change on Jan 01 and I had lost 20lbs before my co-workers who haven't been following my journey noticed. It showed up in my face, neck and chest first. I have lost 34lbs total and now everyone notices started out at 224lbs and this weeks weigh in was 190lbs. Congratulations to us all for taking these steps to a better life :flowerforyou:
  • nbct08
    nbct08 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's a big loss for no one to notice! Let's be sure to notice the loss of others because we know how much it means to us.
  • fubar2us
    fubar2us Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    took 25 lbs befor a few people noticed. Then I left for several weeks and lost another 10 lbs. My uniforms for work no longer fit right and that is what people notice. Not that I lost weight, it's that my uniforms don't fit right.
  • irishgirl63
    Options
    I've lost 19 lbs and not to many people have noticed at all. Kind of frustrating.. My Husband says its because they see me all the time and that could be true. But I notice so I guess that is really what counts. :)
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yes... I think if you see the same people everyday, it's harder for them to notice. I saw my neighbor today ( who I hardly ever see) and when I do never really speak to him. He asked me when I got skinny! I think he just may be my favorite neighbor now lol
  • dancin2011
    dancin2011 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think that just because people don't say anything does not mean they don't notice! I saw several replies saying nobody has noticed but I would say that they have but weight gain/loss can be a touchy subject so they just might not mention it.
  • Sugoiharris
    Sugoiharris Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had lots of people notice right away and still comment often. My husband however said he didn't really notice until I did a side by side picture, the funniest part is that I weigh less than I did when we got married! I had lost 60 pounds by the time I did side by side pictures and he didn't even notice!
  • antlergirl
    antlergirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was going to say something simlar to the above comment. I think people sometimes dont want to say anything about your weight as they dont want to imply you were overweight before. Noone noticed after I lost alot of weight 2 years ago so I bought a figure hugging dress and made everyone notice! I am still with the guy i met while wearing that dress. Unfortunately for him the weights back but i'm working hard again.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I think that just because people don't say anything does not mean they don't notice! I saw several replies saying nobody has noticed but I would say that they have but weight gain/loss can be a touchy subject so they just might not mention it.

This...Usually its the reason close friends and family will comment first.
  • confuzzledwife
    Options
    I'm down 19 lbs and I'm down 1 size in jeans.. NO one has noticed! lol..
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Not my 1st but I stopped by a shop of a friend of mine I haven't seen in about 4 or 5 months and he asked what I had been up to besides losing weight? It made me feel pretty damn good that it was that noticeable. I am down another 12 or 13lbs since i last seen him.
  • mochomito
    mochomito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    about two weeks my co workers told me that I looked like I lost - at that time I think I had lost about 8-10lbs - i've only lost 12 lbs so far - but one of my workers told me she noticed it in my lower abdomen.
  • missmaggiejane
    Options
    Every time I start losing weight my fiancee notices immediately. Then again I sweat he's always checking out my body regardless what weight I am so he'll always be the first to notice. But don't let it get you down. People are always too busy with their lives to notice others. Just keep at it and when you're almost at your goal...people will notice. Especially when you bring out old pictures. =]
  • MCsAngel2
    MCsAngel2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I got my first "Have you lost weight?" yesterday! 10 weeks in, 15 pounds down, just shy of that 10% of body weight mark (started at 171 pounds).

I haven't lost any in my face yet, I don't think (which is a bummer because the double chin is why I decided to do this in the first place), but the other place I was carrying it all was in my gut. I had already dropped a pant size so she could probably tell because I was wearing the next size down jeans that fit correctly.

I was actually very suprised. I didn't expect anyone other than H to be able to tell until I had lost 20 lbs or so.
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know yet. Have only lost 7 lbs so far and lots more to go. I'm not so concerned about others noticing. I am looking forward to when I can notice the loss.
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    48906345923278283_sQe70ckQ_b.jpg

This is exsactly what I was going to put!!
  • kayish
    kayish Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've posted on this topic before but I came back to say someone finally noticed. About a week ago and 45 pounds lost a coworker asked if I had been losing weight. :)) It made my day. lol
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    After about 5 lbs my hubby said he noticed... but honestly I dunno if he was just saying that cuz he knew I was workin hard or actually meant it.... Everyone else was around 10 lbs
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I think it also depends on how you dress before, during and after with weight loss. I have been off work for 3 weeks due to a surgery (hysterectomy)~have lost a total of 25.5 and haven't seen many people from my job for most of that time. I have been noticing at home of course (I see me in my underwear!), but because I have an array of sizes of clothing in closet, I have been wearing some of the big sloppy stuff at home. Remember these things used to fit me, but now they hang! I have begun wearing clothes in public that I never would have before losing the weight and it fits me now, so since my clothing is not hanging, people that I see, seem not to notice the weight loss.

If your clothes were fitting like a saddle on a sow (how my dad used to tell me my clothes were much too tight), before you began losing and now they fit well, people will notice. If you want some attention, wear something you love that USED to fit you tightly and wear it proudly because it is now comfortable and listen for those compliments to start!!

I think once a week or so, I will wear something huge, just to remind myself just how far I have come and see what the reaction is from friends...hahaha ....Try it and see!!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    People are CONSTANTLY asking me if I've lost weight but I haven't. Not a pound. Not an inch.

I dunno. Maybe because I'm feeling motivated I seem smaller????

It's weird.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!