Replies

• GunnerGirl029
    GunnerGirl029 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My furry sweetie just turned 2!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I love dogs, but I am without one right now.
    I really miss her. :love:
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have a 120lbs black lab and 75lbs chocolate and they are a workout. I find that taking them both for walks usually aren't walks anymore, they're jogs. Which is good for both me and Jake (the black lab) as I know he could tone up a bit as well.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have a rescue mutt too. Love her to pieces! I walk a lot with her, but for the most part I don't even log it as exercise here.
  • TZE731
    TZE731 Posts: 18
    Options
    I have an awesome Chocolate Lab who loves the water and chasing squirrels.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have a St Bernard! Love her :))) Big dog big love
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Power to the pooch!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I have an awesome Chocolate Lab who loves the water and chasing squirrels.

Did you steal my dog? LOL My choco lab loves chasing squirrels.. I think they terrorize him all day when he is in his pen, cause when I let him out in the evening, he goes crazy looking for them!
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have a Boston Terrier and i love her to bits!! good for you for rescuing a dog. I volunteer for a BT rescue now and if we get another one its definitely gonna be a rescue.
    When the weather is cool enough, i take her running with me! :) shes a trooper. But now that its getting warm, no more runs for her.. just walks.

We have a BT too! He is so awesome, we want to adopt one. I have looked at the rescues on and off. Love my Ranger-Danger!!
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have 2 dogs.... they are part of my motivation to be more active.... so that I can take them for longer hikes and maybe bike tours...
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Love my little fur ball she is getting up there in years but she is still a good pup. I bought her a doggie stroller a while back she loves walking and being outside but when I used to go on my 6 mile walks or runs here little low rider legs couldn’t ever handle to walk that far so I would carry her switch arms carry her switch arms put her down let her walk some more. Then I found the stroll at Pet Smart and bought it she loves it she still gets a work out but now she seems to be spoiled and likes being pushed around in the stroller.

She still gets a work out with me for sense we have moved to the country during the day she will race to the end of the field look at me like you are coming right. Then we race back together and she will tease me she will start walking real slow and stop and I will say are you a tired puppy and she looks at me like yes I am takes a few steps stops and looks at me like please carry me. So I will say you want mama to carry you I will lean down to get here and she bolts off with her little short legs looks at me and wags her tail at the house door peeking around the corner at me like hurry up you sucker. She is wonderful keeps one young.
    Her and our kitty, plays outside all the time as well. Kitty will hide and I will ask where kitty and we going on a hunting mission is.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have a 80 pound Black Lab (Redwood) and a 15 pound mini Schnauzer ( Blaise) that thinks he is a 80 pound Lab. We like to swim in there kiddie pool (yes my dogs has a kiddie pool to swim in big enough for me to fit too) and take walks which sometimes they walk me more than I walk them.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Between my husband and I, we bring home way too many animals. We live out in the country and have quite a bit of land. Currently we have 4 dogs and 6 puppies. We have a nearly 9 year old, 65 lb pit, a 5 year old Australian sheperd/blue healer mix, and a 4 year old 3 lb yorkie, These are the ones that we always keep. But we have acquired a solid white female pit who just had 6 puppies...We are looking for great homes for her and her pups. We refuse to take them to the shelter since they are at least part pit. It scares me to think what could happen to them there.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have a 80 pound Black Lab (Redwood) and a 15 pound mini Schnauzer ( Blaise) that thinks he is a 80 pound Lab. We like to swim in there kiddie pool (yes my dogs has a kiddie pool to swim in big enough for me to fit too) and take walks which sometimes they walk me more than I walk them.

Liza-
    Our pit and yorkie think they are one in the same, too. It's funny who they become siblings :)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    4 year old Cocker Spaniel/Skye Terrier mix, and a 6 month old Maltese/Bichon Frise.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    We have a Catahoula Leopard and an Australian Shepard, both pound rescues. They're our hiking buddies in the summertime, and our foot-warmers in the winter, because they're pushy snuggle-butts.
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a yellow lab(Roscoe) and a yellow lab /Australian Shepard/chow mix (Luna). They are my babies, but they seem to think I am trying to kill them when I take them for walks. Roscoe leans up against me as we walk the entire time. Bless.

Roscoe is Luna's father. We didn't get him neutered early enough and he was with my older Australian Shepard/Chow mix, she has since passed. I think having puppies at such an old age (8) was too much for her.

LunaandRoscoe.jpg
  • EzraCCM
    EzraCCM Posts: 47
    Options
    I have a sweet hound mix that I adopted from the SPCA when she was 1.5 years old. She is now 5.5 and I love her to death. She is a great walker, but not the best running buddy (she's too distracted at that speed- I spend most of my energy trying to re-focus her!)

kody.jpg

I would LOVE to get a puppy (one who will chase a ball, perhaps??) But we are getting ready to move and I think the logistics of moving 3,000 miles away with a dog and a pup would be too difficult. Alas, I will keep my one-dog-household and hope to one day acquire a friend for Kody :happy:

Edit: Fix photo link... I hope!
  • sharonucd
    sharonucd Posts: 145
    Options
    i love my dog...i have a couple of pics of him in my profile pics..his name is Tot and he's a lhasa apso-shih tsu mix. He loves me unconditionally whether i'm fat or skinny! he smiles and is super excited every time I come home. i couldn't imagine my life without him.
  • Fatloosa
    Fatloosa Posts: 75
    Options
    I have an aborable little boy. A yorkie.Can't imagine life without him. He is my oxygen. love him to bits. Yeah! dogs they're great.