AGE IS JUST A NUMBER SO STOP JUDGING!!!!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    I'm 59. OMG, I just crawled out of my own grave!

ROFLMAO
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    LOL, I don't think it's age at all, like minded folks want like minded folks and those who want to eat 1,000 calories a day and starve themselves don't want someone their mom's age telling them to eat more :)

Hahaha I so DO this! Same as telling people a vegetable wouldn't hurt them. Just ask anyone on my friends list...I do have awesome MFP friends though, they put up with me. Be warned if you friend me and you are low cal... I nag like you feel your back living with your mum.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I wonder why the younger MFP users always trying to make older ones feel so old!
    Thanks for your concern on our behalf, but the great thing about getting old is that:

1) You stop caring what other people think
    2) You realise that nobody can MAKE you feel anything.

I have no problem with someone being ageist, it's a useful indicator to flag up people who are unsophisticated and of low intelligence and therefore unlikely to be of any interest to me.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I wonder why the younger MFP users always trying to make older ones feel so old!

I mean come on, this is about encouraging each others regardles of age.
    i am 28 and like all ages to be on my friends list as long as they are supportive and i have notice that most much olther ones are very supportive. we will all be old some day so please stop this age thing that is going on here!

While we're at it, why do certain 28 year olds try and make us 40 year olds feel so old by saying they're old at 28??

Seriously though, I haven't encountered any ageism on here, certainly not people trying to make me feel old.... until now that is :sad: :wink:
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Until this post, I didn't realize anyone judged anyone for their age. I'm ancient apparently by your standards (51), but I just had a friend of mine tell me the other day that hanging out with me makes her feel 19 again. It's in the attitude. That being said, I usually don't have people in their 20's on my friends list.. not a hater.. just don't relate as well.

Wow you're kinda hot for 51.

lol.. hey.. I think I'm hot for any age! :)
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    I don't make judgements based on age.

.....just on level of creepiness.

creepydoll.jpg

Now THAT IS creepy!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your concern on our behalf, but the great thing about getting old is that:

1) You stop caring what other people think
    2) You realise that nobody can MAKE you feel anything.

I have no problem with someone being ageist, it's a useful indicator to flag up people who are unsophisticated and of low intelligence and therefore unlikely to be of any interest to me.

Great answer Tour of the Past!!!
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I've never come across any ageism...think it's the way people perceive what is said to them/written in posts tbh...
  • TamsinEllis
    TamsinEllis Posts: 293
    Options
    You're right OP age is just a number, and pedophilia is just a word.

Hey sweetie......want some candy? ;-P

Candy ... sweetie ... Heck yes! xD
    Wait .... is this a ploy to make me gain weight so you can cook me? I hear in ancient times cannibalism was the norm.
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm dead, but I refuse to lay down.

ZOMBIES!!!

They are out there!
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have friends of all ages here and welcome new friends, so feel free to add me!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I have friends of all ages too. It cracks me up sometimes when some one thinks they are old while in their 30s and younger. Does that me a 'reverse' judger? :ohwell:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    A few examples are ''i need friends of my own age''. oooo and i am not cliaming i feel old but this should be all about ecouraging so i will friend even a 100 years old as long as they can encourage.
    This didn't require a *****y thread to be posted about it. Some people relate better to those that are near their own age.
    For me personally, I prefer people without a stick up their *kitten*, no matter what age.
    Exactly this :)
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I've NEVER seen age issues on here but then I probably just don't pay attention to it..lol. I am 45, PROUD of it trip others out when I tell them that. It could be that i color my beard..lol..but mainly i am very ACTIVE. See you can be 25 and sloppy, I gladly take what i do and I showcase it.

I HATE being called old. Thats because nothing on me is old. I look younger, act younger..lol.. I started reversing my age years ago. Eating healthy and taking care of yourself is vital. The only number I am worried about on a daily basis??..calories burned!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I agree, I don't appreciate people that are in the early 20s posting topics with a certain age bracket in the subject (typically 18-25 or 18-26) and then they proceed to say that they like to keep their friends list "young"

I've been 27 for 3 months and I am no different now than I was back in december! Very uncool for these people to try and put others down for something so ridiculous as one's age.

I've not ever seen that, but I have seen things like "If you are 5'3 only" things like that, so this would be judging right? Making a thread to based on something that is geared toward a certain thing about 1 group of people.

Honestly I don't see a problem, everyone seeks friends their own way. I like people of all sizes, ages, and sex... Some people only want women friends, no problems I don't care. I do things my way, you do your way :)
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    This is why I have 100 as my age...weeds out the judgemental peeps!! :bigsmile:
  • Rashyda
    Rashyda Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Theres an age thing on MFP?

If you are talking about people who only want to add between a certain age well thats their choice, some people are not comfortable around older or younger people. And some people feel they have nothing in common with older or younger people and they want to surround themselves with like minded people. I don't think thats really agism, I think its a personal thing...

i agree ...more so ppl want to stay closer to their age group cuz of the life stage and the metabolism.. age has a lot of do with that.. as u age ur metabolism gets slower so hanging out with the right age of folks actually gives a better understanding of calorie intake .kind of exercise u can do and things like that. body is becoming less flexible and so on and so forth
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm a little guilty of age discrimination. I consider myself old, though many would say I'm young. Whatever. I get real uncomfortable having younger woman (read under 18) as a friend on this site. Make me feel like a pedafile or something. I realize this is my own issues, but I did un-friend a young lady who made a comment about being 17. I felt guilty about it, and still do. But for me, if it doesn't feel right, maybe it isn't. And it didn't feel right to me.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    In all honesty....you all are just strangers on line. 99.9 percent of us have never met or never will. It's an incredible waste of time and energy to worry about who wants to be your friend on line or who doesn't.