Steroids and Dating and Attraction

Options

Replies

• Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I actually think some of the natty bodybuilders are really goodlooking guys. Most of them are pretty proportional also, which is very nice.

Kane Sumabat

va.jpg

Thank you, Elizabeth. wow..
  • SqautsAndOats
    Options
    You do know that Christian Bale dropped all that weight for a movie roll right?
    He gained all his weight back afterwards, plus he looked like that before he dropped the weight

And the award for stating the obvious goes to....
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    He gained all his weight back afterwards, plus he looked like that before he dropped the weight.
    So, crappy example!

The example is supposed to be that he packed on a ton of muscle in almost no time at all. People are suggesting he used steroids for this. I'm not sure if it's confirmed or not.
  • SqautsAndOats
    Options
    I've yet to hear anyone address the ethical part of it within sports. I don't discount hard work people put into it their sport/craft. However, where is the line drawn with what is okay to aid an athlete? I admire the hell out of Konstantinovs (world class powerlifter), but if I found out he was using steroids in order to aid his training, as the corny ad campaign says, it would kind of put an asterisk next to his name. It makes it hard to aspire to be like someone when you know this.

I've even read on other sites where people ask "Where does the natural competitor come into play?" and the response tends to be "They don't." That's the biggest issue I take with steroid use. That if you want to truly compete in strength sports, the mentality is that you have to use steroids to do so.

If they were to take steroids out of pro sports and Olympics, there would never ever be a new record. The athletes who are on the number one level are already at their genetic limit of performance, and are using steroids to surpass that human limit.

I disagree. If world record holders were not taking steroids then the one with a higher limitation/threshold would win out and beat the new record.

yes, but the current records would have to be reset if they were to completely remove anabolics, since a huge portion of the records are currently held by steroid users.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    I love women but I would never date a woman who: had any surgery even just having her tonsils or wisdom teeth removed, wears make-up, wears high heels, wears contacts, wears perfume. You're cheeks aren't really that rosy, your eye lashes aren't really that long/black, you aren't really that tall, you can't really see that well, you don't really smell like flowers, that is just cheating your true self.

This is all I can think of when people say steroid users are vain, or cheating, blah blah blah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJfFGgzhfhY

"Ya got on heels. You ain't that tall! Ya got on make-up. Your face don't look like that! Ya got on a weave. Your hair ain't that long! You got a wonder bra on; your titties ain't that big!"
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    I've yet to hear anyone address the ethical part of it within sports. I don't discount hard work people put into it their sport/craft. However, where is the line drawn with what is okay to aid an athlete? I admire the hell out of Konstantinovs (world class powerlifter), but if I found out he was using steroids in order to aid his training, as the corny ad campaign says, it would kind of put an asterisk next to his name. It makes it hard to aspire to be like someone when you know this.

I've even read on other sites where people ask "Where does the natural competitor come into play?" and the response tends to be "They don't." That's the biggest issue I take with steroid use. That if you want to truly compete in strength sports, the mentality is that you have to use steroids to do so.

If they were to take steroids out of pro sports and Olympics, there would never ever be a new record. The athletes who are on the number one level are already at their genetic limit of performance, and are using steroids to surpass that human limit.

I disagree. If world record holders were not taking steroids then the one with a higher limitation/threshold would win out and beat the new record.

yes, but the current records would have to be reset if they were to completely remove anabolics, since a huge portion of the records are currently held by steroid users.

Hence it's a broken system. To just say "it's okay because the system's already broken" is sort of a cop out.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've not read all the replies, but after first hand experience of having to take steroids for 6 months (due to a severe medical problem) I would NOT be with somebody who uses steroids, I know mine were taken orally and not injected but the mood swings I suffered where horrendous and I wouldn't want to take them they choice!! To me from what I've seen on this site people can get phenomenal bodies without the use of steroids! I don't have a particular type but HUGE pumped up bodies I don't find attractive x
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I would date someone who's used it in the past, provided he doesn't anymore. Every one makes mistakes. But if he currently uses, I would not date him. That's not very attractive. Besides, while I do find muscular guys attractive, I find lanky guys attractive too haha

this, we all have pasts, but i'm drawn to men a bit on the skinny side, don't know why?
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My on again off again boyfriend asked me to do some steroid research for him the other day. I am against it but when all is said and done it is his body and his choice. So i did some research.
    I told him the pros and cons. Told him my opion and made alternate suggestions.
    whey protein ( post workout), multi vitamin, fish oil..diet...vegetables, chicken, eggs, tuna, fruit, whole grains, ect
    Cellucor C4 Extreme(pre workout) because he believes he needs something
    And 5x5 workout plan
    He is 5'9" 140-145# perfectly fit but wants to bulk up and is really woried that working out will cause weight loss.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    wants to bulk up and is really woried that working out will cause weight loss.

He needs to eat more then.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    He gained all his weight back afterwards, plus he looked like that before he dropped the weight

And the award for stating the obvious goes to....

No need to be so cocky, I was just saying it's a bad example for "steroid use"....
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    He gained all his weight back afterwards, plus he looked like that before he dropped the weight.
    So, crappy example!

The example is supposed to be that he packed on a ton of muscle in almost no time at all. People are suggesting he used steroids for this. I'm not sure if it's confirmed or not.

Considering the muscle pic was taken before the skinny pic? it actually took him a long time & a lot of hard work to get his figure back to it's former self.
  • 1rayhamilton
    Options
    I dated someone who used steroids, and he said it made his **** shrink 1 inch...stay away. Get healthy the right way
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    So, crappy example!

Considering the muscle pic was taken before the skinny pic? it actually took him a long time & a lot of hard work to get his figure back to it's former self.

I thought the muscle pic was from Batman Begins. Filming for BB and The Machinist were pretty close together.
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    So, crappy example!

I thought the muscle pic was from Batman Begins. Filming for BB and The Machinist were pretty close together.

Noooo, left is Equilibrium 2002, the right is from the Machinist 2004!
    Batman Begins was 2005, he went up from the 120lbs for the Machinist to 190 in 6 months for BB & there's a thing called muscle memory & dedication.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    If they were legal, and cheaper I would have used them in the past. No reason to now.

But I have never used anything, ever, and was a member of the American Drug Free Powerlifting Associate in the 90's when i did lift competitively.

All the negative side effects, and problems that I have heard of, and seen are nearly always the result of overuse, or abuse.

Side note, I have never worked out with the goal of being more attractive to anyone. I work out for me.............but my wife digs me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    I've not read all the replies, but after first hand experience of having to take steroids for 6 months (due to a severe medical problem) I would NOT be with somebody who uses steroids, I know mine were taken orally and not injected but the mood swings I suffered where horrendous and I wouldn't want to take them they choice!! To me from what I've seen on this site people can get phenomenal bodies without the use of steroids! I don't have a particular type but HUGE pumped up bodies I don't find attractive x
    So were you on anabolic steroids?

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    wants to bulk up and is really woried that working out will cause weight loss.

He needs to eat more then.

I know ...i told him..:+) but its his body i can only offer advice
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    My on again off again boyfriend asked me to do some steroid research for him the other day. I am against it but when all is said and done it is his body and his choice. So i did some research.
    I told him the pros and cons. Told him my opion and made alternate suggestions.
    whey protein ( post workout), multi vitamin, fish oil..diet...vegetables, chicken, eggs, tuna, fruit, whole grains, ect
    Cellucor C4 Extreme(pre workout) because he believes he needs something
    And 5x5 workout plan
    He is 5'9" 140-145# perfectly fit but wants to bulk up and is really woried that working out will cause weight loss.
    I gained from 122lbs to my current weight of 186lbs all natural. I've spent a lot of time doing it and it takes a lot of hard work. It's about calorie surplus and heavy lifting with lots of compound movements.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    this is my man wooo!
    brock-lesnar-workout-picture.jpg