Are Fit women the most hated group in America?

Options

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I think you're setting yourself up for failure by pairing those two together. If the woman on the right was say, Jessica Biel ... you'd get a different response. The girl in the picture looks underweight, not "fit". When I think fit, I think healthy body weight, and sculpted muscles, a la Jessica Biel, Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz, Angelina Jolie (in her prime).

Isn't it Kirsten Dunst?
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I saw this picture posted by someone on face book in my friends and all the comments were referring to her as anorexic and it pissed me off so much. The woman is very fit looking. I hate how every time someone sees a fit girl she's instantly got an eating disorder. Just stop skinny shaming. It's as bad as making fun of fat people.

They're also not fairly pictured. If the skinny girl was keira knightley, opinions might be pretty different. :p
    Thanks for putting it into better words than I.
  • Ripken818836701
    Options
    I think you're setting yourself up for failure by pairing those two together. If the woman on the right was say, Jessica Biel ... you'd get a different response. The girl in the picture looks underweight, not "fit". When I think fit, I think healthy body weight, and sculpted muscles, a la Jessica Biel, Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz, Angelina Jolie (in her prime).

Isn't it Kirsten Dunst?
    Thats was the person's entire reason for choosing the women she did. To put the odds in her favor so the outcome of the thread would be the outcome she desired.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Why is it that women are the only ones who sit around and discuss other women's bodies in such negative ways? A person's opinion about your body is all about attraction which is simply a gauge of whether they would **** you or not. I could care less as long as when I look in the mirror I want to **** myself.

Love it! you win!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Just sit at a restaurant, YMCA, or public event and watch how women eyeball each other. I swear, women ogle each other more than men ogle them, and not necessarily in a 'attraction' way either. Once I noticed it happening, I would always catch women staring down my (ex)wife. Some of the glances were pretty nasty too.

I can't say I've seen the same behavior in men. :ohwell:
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I prefer the ones that flirt with me.
  • HungerHurts
    Options
  • amie0724
    amie0724 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fit woman are the most admired in America
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Fit woman are the most admired in America

Agreed.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    No, Fit women aren't the most hated group. I think what you're seeing is a backlash against fat hate. I don't think it's cool to shame anyone for the look of their bodies. But honestly, I get a lot more negitive comments when I'm bigger than when I'm thinner. When I was smaller I didn't get oinked at while I was running, I didn't get poor customer service when shopping for clothes, I wasn't told very plainly that a shop didn't cater to people of my size. It's embarassing and hurtful to be a fat woman. So much easier to be a fit one. You even get checked out once in a while.

But again, I don't think it's cool to shame anyone for their bodies. There are thin women who try to gain weight just as much as there's fat ones trying to lose it. I think we all need to stop looking to media and outside sources for our self esteem. It's an empty victory any way you slice it.
  • twinlaced
    twinlaced Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, some women love to bash other women regardless of their personality, characteristics etc...they just love to dig down and find something about the others' appearance to make themselves feel better--really, what else can it be to degrade someone for how they look? I seriously don't get it!
    I just say grow the F up and look at someone for who they are, not what they look like. And yes, appearance is one of the major components when meeting someone for the first time, blah blah blah, and for the opposite sex appearance can be the top importance...but really, it's all in the eye of the beholder. One vision doesn't fit all.

Exactly! Thankyou!

I personally want my body to be somewhat like the woman on the right. I've always been somewhat frail looking no matter what I lift or eat, I don't think I could ever be that curvy. I have a cup breasts etc, my frame will always be this way. Either way, I think all body shapes can be beautiful and women are always tearing down each other. There are naturally curvy and naturally thin. There will always be someone better than you regardless of shape. Always. And tearing them down isn't going to do **** :s Just find beauty on the inside of people instead of wasting your hate on fickle matters.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    You know, I personally my female sexual partners to have a body type more like the woman on the right. However, I'd never want my body to look like that, because I realize my frame size, bone structure and genetics would make me look sickly, not fit, or "just thin". So, I really think that it's all about...do what you like, say what you please, but don't get too up in arms about someone else's opinion (unless they're trying to entirely take your right to voice yours away.) Honestly, what does it matter? Fit women, fat women, women who are fit on top and chunky on the bottom...we're all beautiful to someone :) so what does it matter what other people think?
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Soooooo many people here missing the point. :noway:

Yep...I don't think the OP was really talking about either of the women specifically nor meant for it to become a debate on what type of body is more attractive (of course everyone has their own preference). Moral of the story was the hypocrisy of being able to bash thin people but expecting to be politically correct when talking about overweight people (which is not what anyone is calling marilyn just so we are clear). Truthfully this kind of uneven playing field exists with more topics than just weight. For example, no one would likely be offended if people were making jokes about the rich but it would be distasteful to make jokes about the poor. What I find most unfortunate about it overall is that its usually pics of women and its other women tearing them down. The whole concept is just such a waste of mental energy.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    According to a lot of threads on this site alone my body is disgusting. I don't know why people say it and I don't care, they are ****ing stupid. I choose mermaid over whale any day.

This.

Skinny bashing is ridiculous too. But for some reason more acceptable? I don't get it.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think the woman on the right is rather thin, not to say she is not healthy or fit, but personally I prefer Marilyn or a curvier woman. Not to say it is right for anyone to bash a thinner or fit woman, but I think part of it is because the media, tv, magazines, etc. are still trying to tell us that you are not beautiful or ideal unless you are a smaller size. So bigger women are starting to come to terms with the fact that they are indeed beautiful also and finding their voice. Again I am not excusing their behavior because beauty comes in all sizes and it is not right to put down another, especially to try and make yourself feel better.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I just think there's way too much body shaming going on. Everyone has different preferences and a different body... in the eyes of society you are always going to be too big, too little, too thin, too fat, too muscular, etc etc etc depending on who is looking at you.

I think once people stop feeling the need to pass judgement on someone's else's body, we can finally get over this skinny vs. fit vs. overweight vs. curvy, etc etc etc debacle.

Until then, you just can't win...
  • Ripken818836701
    Options
    Just sit at a restaurant, YMCA, or public event and watch how women eyeball each other. I swear, women ogle each other more than men ogle them, and not necessarily in a 'attraction' way either. Once I noticed it happening, I would always catch women staring down my (ex)wife. Some of the glances were pretty nasty too.

I can't say I've seen the same behavior in men. :ohwell:
    A very good friend of mine that has lost 60+ lbs over the past year told me just the other day that the same women that use to be polite and stop their car and give her a friendly smile and wave to let her pass to get from the gym parking lot to the entrance last year now speed up to make sure she has to wait and look at her like she just killed their cat as they drive by.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    According to a lot of threads on this site alone my body is disgusting. I don't know why people say it and I don't care, they are ****ing stupid. I choose mermaid over whale any day.

This.

Skinny bashing is ridiculous too. But for some reason more acceptable? I don't get it.

What are the ratios of fit to non-fit women out there? Maybe it's just a majority-rules mindset.... you're different, therefor we can poke fun. Just a thought.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

Isn't it Kirsten Dunst?

I think it is Kate Bosworth.
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options

you have a gorgeous body. don't let anyone tell you different!

i always pretended to be a mermaid when i was little. not once did i pretend to be a whale.