OVER 200 CLUB PUMP IT UP (OPEN GROUP) WEEK 12

Options

Replies

• laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    I am going to do 40+ lunges, 3 sets of 20 squats, 20 pushups and 3 sets of some ab work/crunches. I am also going to do some cardio and some arm work. :wink: I will hurt a bit the next day, but it will be totally worth it!
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to understand the second calculator
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    never mind got it haha
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    okay girls, here it is a percentage of weight loss calculator

http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calculate-weight-loss-percentage.html

We start today, even though it is late in the week. We will continue to weigh in on Fridays, and report our percentage then. Is this agreeable to everyone? Is this okay with you awestfall?

We will keep doing the percentage of weight loss, adding cardio minutes every week. But the other challenge will change every friday (this weeks lunges,squats,pushups, crunches) and the person who has the highest percentage of weight loss chooses the next physical challenge.

Everybody participating in this activity it is assumed that you all have been in contact with a doctor and that you are physically able to participate in these challenges. We do not want anyone doing physical challenges that they are not able to do. Let's have some fun and say bye bye to some fat.

Now remember we are a team, This is not absolute, this is only if we all agree to this? What do ya think?

Sounds good to me!!!

I will be doing (already started yesterday) 100 crunches, 50 pushups and squats.
  • jamiesgotagun
    Options
    Yesterday
    Calories: only went over 100, whoohoo, exercise is the key.
    Water: got it all in
    Pround: got my exercise in and it felt good!!

Hope everyones week is going good!!!
  • jamiesgotagun
    Options
    You can also calculate the percentage by
    dividing the amount you lost for the week by your weeks starting weight times 100
    so 2/246x100 = .81%
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    Hey everyone, how's the challenge going so far?!! I just got back from the gym, then did my squats, wall push ups and crunches been a long day.

48 squats
    50 crunches (on the ball, i'm gonna be sore haven't done these in forever!!)
    30 Push ups

Stayed within my cals, have 2 more cups to drink for water, and am proud that I had a great first challenge day.

Andrea
  • BOOPIS67
    BOOPIS67 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm joining...current weight is 248...gained 5 lbs on vacation...any tips to get a jump start with weight loss...I'm been off track for about 3 wks and got to get back on track. I am a member of a gym but got to get moving and eating right.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's questions:
    Calories: went over, but not much
    Water: did good again, but had to work a little harder at it than yesterday
    Proud of: :happy: making myself find a 30 minute window to get in a walk ... I parked my car at the Y where my daughter had swim team practice, then walked to pick up my son from daycare and we walked back to pick up my daughter... otherwise I don't think I would have gotten any exercise yesterday.
    I meant to do our latest challenge last night - but I completely forgot until this morning:ohwell: . So after step class this morning I stayed and did 100 more crunches, 24 pushups, 24 squats and 24 lunges... so I'm counting that for yesterday and I'll do it again tonight.

:flowerforyou: Welcome BOOPIS67: I know adding the exercise ticker to my signature and the challenge we have going of adding cardio minutes each week has been motivating me a lot to get moving more (I went from 120 minutes a week to 370). I also got a heart rate monitor (polar F11) and that has been motivating me too to push myself more. I'm sitll working on improving my eating habits.
  • jamiesgotagun
    Options
    Yesterday
    Calories: Got my calories perfect today!!!
    Water: Got it all in
    Pround: stayed within my calories and did all of my exercise

Exercise
    20 min elliptical
    25 squats
    30 pushups
    100 crunches
  • trikstar
    trikstar Posts: 61
    Options
    Yesterday:
    Calories were perfect.
    Water - I got all 8 in yesterday! YAY!
    Proud that I did my exercise, even though I wanted to just be mopey and go to bed.
  • trikstar
    Options
    Oh yeah! And I had to pull out my new belt. My pants were getting difficult to keep up. :D
    Then I found out when I got to work I missed a loop. :embarassed: and had to re-do it.
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Well sadly as soon as I got home I had to help my sister in law go through stuff for a garage sale :grumble: so I spent 2 hours doing that and lugging stuff out to the garbage, so I guess that was kind of a work out. LOL Tonight will be the same. I'm going to have to make an effort to get up earlier and work out then, cause otherwise my family tends to screw up my schedule. I just moved home to live with and take care of my grandma and the rest of my family lives on the same street, so if I don't do it early it won't get done now :grumble: oh well.

The good news is I have gone from 222.5 lbs on the 1st to 215.0 lbs YAY so thats good.

Hopefully I can get my lunges, squats, and pushups in tonight at least.
  • jamiesgotagun
    Options
    Oh yeah! And I had to pull out my new belt. My pants were getting difficult to keep up. :D
    Then I found out when I got to work I missed a loop. :embarassed: and had to re-do it.

Woohoo, thats awesome, you know you are doing it when your cloths to fit!!!!
  • jamiesgotagun
    Options
    Well sadly as soon as I got home I had to help my sister in law go through stuff for a garage sale :grumble: so I spent 2 hours doing that and lugging stuff out to the garbage, so I guess that was kind of a work out. LOL Tonight will be the same. I'm going to have to make an effort to get up earlier and work out then, cause otherwise my family tends to screw up my schedule. I just moved home to live with and take care of my grandma and the rest of my family lives on the same street, so if I don't do it early it won't get done now :grumble: oh well.

The good news is I have gone from 222.5 lbs on the 1st to 215.0 lbs YAY so thats good.

Hopefully I can get my lunges, squats, and pushups in tonight at least.

At least you are up and moving around, you are probably burning more calories than you would think moving stuff around. Way to go on the weight loss from the 1st, thats awesome!!!!
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    At least you are up and moving around, you are probably burning more calories than you would think moving stuff around. Way to go on the weight loss from the 1st, thats awesome!!!!

Thank you!! :smile:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    Calories: Went over .. by a bag of potato chips :angry:
    Water: got it all in
    Proud: exercised hard all week ... and I lost that 1.5 pounds that I gained last week! :happy: Yeah!

Forgot again to do my extra exercises last night :grumble: ... I'll do them this morning:
    24 lunges
    24 squats
    24 pushups
    100 crunches

243.6 last week
    242 today
    down 1.6 lbs for a percentage of 0.65% :happy:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi girls, I haven't been around for a couple of days, but I weighed in today. and I lost 1.2 pounds, so yay I used the mens calcualtor and I am down .45%, so basically I am down a little less the half a percentage. That sounds not so great. but at least I am down.
  • trikstar
    Options
    Yesterday:
    Calories - right on target.
    Water - 7 glasses. Not great, but better than the 2 I would normally drink.
    Exercise - fail. While I have gotten the moron out of my life, I'm still crying over the loss. I'll get better. It's just still really new.

Weigh in: 220, for a 3 lb. loss.
    Which is 1.34% if I did that right. (Starting at 223 for my last weigh in)
  • jamiesgotagun
    Options
    yesterday
    Calories - went over by 200
    Water - got it all in
    Proud - even though I couldn't get the workout in I took the kids for a 30 min walk, my husband is a firefighter so there are some nights when I am alone and it is a little harder finding the time to get a full workout in.

Loss for today is only 1lb (246-245), that is .41% for me, at least it is in the right direction!!

Great job on all of the weight loss for the week, Trikstar, great job on the 3lbs!!!!