Sloppy Women at the Gym

Options

Replies

• timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Each to their own! I could care less if you go in wearing a wedding dress or lingerie, doesn't bother me.. as long as i'm getting my workout in you could do what ever u want:P
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    There are other people at the gym? Man I'm self absorbed. I hadn't noticed. LOL

nicely put!
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    A really good workout at the gym always put me in such a good mood I ended up thinking I looked good no matter what I was wearing...I joined a womens gym for fear of being judged or made fun of by other men but now I'm starting to think its the womens judgement I should have been scared of.
    Everyone should just keep their head down and work out and not worry :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    What is it with all these threads lately? Why do you think that anybody really cares what you're wearing or what you look like. If you were in my gym, other than giving you a brief smile if I saw you, you wouldn't register AT ALL. Maybe that's what bothers you?

You sound very smug and dismissive of other women so I guess if they're dismissive of you, what goes around comes around.

Really, get over yourself - wear what you want, do what you want, anybody who takes any notice of that is shallow and anybody who thinks that stuff like this matter is just as shallow. Sorry, but these threads are just too much.

MFP... do you think you could start a new 'NARCISSIST' section for these threads? Pretty please? I thought this was about workout technique and was keen for tips... no such luck!

It is about confidence. I LOOK good, I feel good. Is there times I roll out of bed at 5:45 for spin class? Sure. I was simply stating that just becasue a woman is wearing a face full of make up at the gym, and is dressed in nice work out clothes does not make her some kind of wimp/cardio fake weight lifting queen.

I do SWEAT at the gym. I have lost 35 lbs and am training for a half marathon so no, I am not one of "those girls" you assume I am.

:flowerforyou:
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Women @ the gym crack me up. There is a difference between the 5:00pm crowd and any other time. "Why is every guy hitting on me at the gym" its because you are bending at the hips not the knees.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I do take some time to make sure I look like I do belong to the human race....I mean, I am not going to walk out of the house looking like something out of a horror film...but, with that said, I don't get all "dolled" up to go work out...I mean really.

How gross is it when some ones makeup is running all down their faces from sweat. YUK. I have seen many a face like that...really? You put makeup on to go to the gym?

Whatever...I say as long as you are going, then however you go works for you....I want to look good for myself, not for the gym rats :)
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I agree, I like to feel good when I workout. It makes me workout even harder!
    Now granted.... I dont wear those skimpy body tight outfits AND do weights by holding them above my head and continuously jump around and floppin out everywhere like some of the women do ay my gym. BUT thats a different story.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Women @ the gym crack me up. There is a difference between the 5:00pm crowd and any other time. "Why is every guy hitting on me at the gym" its because you are bending at the hips not the knees.

yeah creepy
  • mandie0378
    mandie0378 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

That's funny. :laugh:
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Outfit =/= commitment level to exercise
  • jennapony
    jennapony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    To each his own I say. I personally like to look good but I would never say to anyone that they should dress up to go to the gym. At the same time I don't ever feel like I have to apologize if I want to look good doing something.
  • jennibell81
    Options
    I don't care one way or the other what a woman (or man) looks like at the gym. I'm there to work out. If I go to the gym in the morning before work, I seriously do roll out of bed, throw on my work-out cloths, pull my crazy-bed-hair into a pony tail, and go. If I'm there after work, well I might look a little more polished.

Regardless, by the time I'm done with my work out, I look horrid- red faced, sweaty, hair in my face (cause it pulled out of the pony tail). And you know what? I don't care. I feel AWESOME and that's all that matters.

^^^^
    Same Here!!....Love it!! (5am workouts for me)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    If I'm coming from work I will have makeup on...if I'm coming from home I probably won't...and either way I'm wearing leggings and a t-shirt or tank top. I always have my hair up because sweaty hair on my neck, ewww. That said, no matter what I'm wearing I look good lifting heavy. :bigsmile: Don't really mind what other women wear. But it's obvious when you come into the gym in just a sports bra and spandex shorts that you're trying to impress people. It's never that hot in a gym! :laugh:
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    I personally dont see the point in using make up at the gym. There is something between looking "sloppy" and "made up". i don't get why i would waste my make up when i sweat (and shower) it off anyway after training. i dont care much what other people look like the gym but if some chick shows up with 4 layers of make up on her face i might wonder what she came to the gym for, fashion shows usually happen elsewhere.
  • Journeyingascrystal
    Options
    well... i think it would be bad for me to wear makeup.. i GET IT IN in the gym. as long as they arent holding me up with a machine by re-applying their gloss.. I dont give a damn!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I GUESS..SOME WOMEN MIGHT FEEL LIKE IF THEY ARE ABOUT TO SWEAT IT OUT, THERE IS NO NEED TO LOOK LIKE A BEAUTY, BECAUSE MID WORKOUT YOUR GONNA BE MAKING UGLY FACES, SWEATING AND YOUR HAIR MIGHT COME UNDONE ANYWAY. SOME WOMEN MIGHT ALSO THINK THAT IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE GYM TO LOOK PRETTY YOU ARE NOT REALLY THERE TO WORK, BUT IF IT WORKS FOR YOU..THEN IT SHOULDN'T MATTER WHAT OTHERS THINK--JUST ROCK IT. :)

^^^This. I usually come straight from work so I have makeup on and my hair is styled. However, by the time I'm done with my warm up, my hair is flat and clinging to my face, and my eyemakeup is starting to run. By the time I'm halfway through my workout, my clothes are SOAKED. So, even though I wouldn't say I go dressed like a "slob" or "looking like I just rolled out of bed", I'm not generally concerned with looking cute either, because it's all for naught anyway. I don't have a problem with other women trying to look "cute" at the gym, but I certainly can't relate to it or understand it. However, to each his/her own. If it works for you, go for it.
  • jobelle217
    jobelle217 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of wearing cute workout clothes to the gym.....unfortantly, those outfits are expensive so I wear shorts and a T-shirt.

To be honest, if you were to ask me what everyone was wearing at the gym the last time I went, I'd have no idea.

Whatever gets you to the gym is what you should wear :)
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I don't really care what people wear to the gym. Well, as long as its not too smelly, haha. I can appreciate why some people prefer to look great at the gym, it's no different than me always looking nice for exams... it increases my confidence and motivation, which in turn gives me a positive outlook. Thus, increasing my success.

I normally look nice at the gym, but some mornings I look like hell cause I slept in and I refuse to use appearance as an excuse not to go.

The only problem I have is when ANYONE is too busy socializing or spouse-catching to actually use the machines they are monopolizing ... which is very discourteous to the people waiting in the queue.

Haha, I over heard a couple of girls talking on one of the machines last week and one of them asked if the other wanted to go and try the stair-master... the other girl responded with "I don't like sweating" . :huh:
  • mmclachlan10
    Options
    Disregard all of it... who cares? Are you working out for yourself or for the other women in the gym??? Props to those who have the time to look decent at the gym and props to those who just roll out of bed at 6:30am (like myself). And for the women who are at the gym being haters on the ones who look cute or hating on the ones who aren't dressed to impress.... get over yourself! If judging others is what you need to do to feel good about yourself, Im feel bad for you.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym. I go running. In public. Through my town. Wanna know what I wear? A baggy sweater or t-shirt (holes neccesary) and some elastic-wasted pajama pants.

Don't hate.

I look hot.

Probably because of all the sweating.

No F#@$s given.

Hahahaaaa X-D

idgaf-i-don-t-give-a-f-ck-hoodies.png