Sloppy Women at the Gym

Options

Replies

• healthycurves2012
    Options
    I don't think going to the gym needs to be a fashion show. I feel perfectly fine in whatever is comfortable. Some days it's nicer gym clothes, and sometimes it's sweats. I always wear my hair in a high bun. I never wear makeup, ever. I, for one, don't see the point in needing to look good while sweating profusely. On the same token, I don't pay attention to other people at the gym. I'm there for my own workout, not to people watch.
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter what anyone is wearing, or if their hair is all cute or not or if they are wearing make up or not.
    You're all there for the same reason to get fit and healthy.
    That is what matters.

Try blocking out everyone and kick your own workout into high gear instead of worrying about anyone else.

Its a gym- you go there to sweat and improve yourself, not like you're trying to be all cute at a bar trying to get picked up.
    Just saying.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY???

No one but you really, truly gives a good *kitten* what YOU'RE wearing....because most....MOST people are there to sweat their *kitten* off and burn calories.

If you're seriously so into yourself that you think everybody's watching your piggly wiggly ponytail and your outfit...you need to find yourself a hobby..because..DAMN!!!

And was it really necessary to gripe about something as trivial as your lipstick preferences at the gym..here?

Geez....get a life:yawn:
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I like to look decent but I know I'm going to get all red and sweaty anyways so I really don't care what I look like. I'm not there for anyone else, I'm there for me. It's annoying when girls come to the gym with their nails, hair and make up all done walking 2 mph on the treadmill for 10 minutes. Seriously?:huh: I once watched a girl put her make up on in her car before walking in and I wanted to punch her in the face (ok not really) But what's the point of the gym membership if you're just trying to be a pretty face. Go to a bar!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I like to look decent but I know I'm going to get all red and sweaty anyways so I really don't care what I look like. I'm not there for anyone else, I'm there for me. It's annoying when girls come to the gym with their nails, hair and make up all done walking 2 mph on the treadmill for 10 minutes. Seriously?:huh: I once watched a girl put her make up on in her car before walking in and I wanted to punch her in the face (ok not really) But what's the point of the gym membership if you're just trying to be a pretty face. Go to a bar!

Actually I have acrylics haha :laugh: I like the irony of it. At work I love to wear dresses and makeup and pretty hair :love: At the gym I love to grunt and lift heavy and look surly while I jam out to Skrillex. :glasses:
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    i can't say. I go to the gym to work out and I'm not fixated on other people. I must say I prefer black to hot pink. I don't know why you assume women who don't share your tastes are "sloppy."

Unfortunately, you do remind me of women I've encountered in the past who spent more time applying their makeup than working out. So perhaps you are the one with the "beef."
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I guess it just depends. Some are just not that connected with themselves enough to be on point. I'm a beat itch all day everyday the gym is no exception. Now my clothes are too big so I have the tendency to give folks a show but other than that cute is all there. And I can't afford the cutesy stuff from designers that's what Walmart Danaskin comes in and you work it out.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I don't want to spend time on looking all cutsie and polished for the gym. I would not want to look like I rolled out of bed though, so would probably brush my hair and put it up in a neat ponytail. I'd also make sure I grabbed something that fit and was comfortable and appropriate for the gym.

For now, I remain gymless and put on a decent outfit to go running in outside. I skip brushing my hair. (The wind will mess it up anyway.) I am lucky if I can get out the door to begin with. So, if I dally too long, I may as well kiss jogging goodbye.

The fun for me is in showering and prettying myself up to go out to dinner after the run.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I as well drag myself out of bed, throw on a t-shirt, shorts, my long tube socks and throw my hair in a ponytail. I would love to have under armour workout clothes but, I am a penny pincher. I cannot justify spending that much money on clothes to "work out". I dont put make up on nor "do" my hair. If I see someone else come in with makeup on, ect. Whatever, it doesn't bother me. Why would you let something so little bother you? There are so many other things to be concerned about and to worry about in life. I just know myself, I dont want to put makeup on and do my hair when I am going to sweat and have a hard workout. Plus, I take a shower and get ready for work after my workout.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I took a Zumba class at our gym and wondered why there was one woman who looked like she just left the MAC counter. I mean full on makeup because it looked like you could just peel her face off. By the end of the class she looked crazy. Mascara was running, foundation was staining her tshirt, etc.

Don't get it.
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I personally dont see the point in using make up at the gym. There is something between looking "sloppy" and "made up". i don't get why i would waste my make up when i sweat (and shower) it off anyway after training. i dont care much what other people look like the gym but if some chick shows up with 4 layers of make up on her face i might wonder what she came to the gym for, fashion shows usually happen elsewhere.

The makeup thing needs some different perspective - as someone who went all through high school and my early 20's with bad acne, I found that I felt better about myself to wear makeup EVERYWHERE (including the gym). It isn't always to impress people, it's for our own self confidence a lot of the time. I've since grown out of the acne, but I do have some small scars from where it used to be, and while I don't wear much, if any, to the gym (just a little powder if anything) anymore, I get it...it's hard for people with perfect/good/normal skin to understand....but it REALLY isn't all about impressing others for all of us. Some, maybe...but they are the exception to the rule. I say as long as they are following the gym etiquette, then it shouldn't bother anyone. I go to the gym, I sweat, I lift weights, I work hard...and always have - makeup or no makeup, cute outfit or no cute outfit (however I do like the cute outfits, hehe)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I find it hilarious that women give a fvck if anyone wears makeup to the gym.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I care wait i look like. To a point, because when im at the gym. I look good when i get there, but when im done not so... im there to work my *kitten* off. So i really dont care what anyone else looks like.
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Why lie when I work out I put my hair into really two really cute afro puffs. (mostly cause it is easy to deal with and keeps my curls looking halfway defined, but still cute nonetheless :glasses: )But beyond that? I generally wear T- shirts, done bigger than others, and what ever clean pants I can find, plus my adorable baby pink nikes. So I guess I'm a decent mix between girly and floppy sloppy.

Btw I wore makeup yo the gym once, after work and I wound up breaking out into pimples for a week. Never again lol.

But like someone else said I didn't realize there were even other people at the gym. If you ask me once I put my head phones in, I have the gym to myself. :laugh:
  • twinlaced
    twinlaced Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am soo with you! I love to make myself feel really pretty and wear nice workout outfits. I wear makeup to the gym because I usually am on the go to other places after. The only thing that bothers me to no end is when women wear these intense push up bras. at the gym. like come on..
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Double post
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i have no issues with women looking nice at the gym, i just know that will never be me. i sweat too much to wear anything but black teeshirts and shorts. definitely can't wear make up. and my hair frizzes up too much to wear it any other way than in a bun.

but if you can look sexy and not sweat your makeup off or stain your clothes, more power to you!
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym to workout. I wear workout clothing. I also dont give a rats *kitten* what other looks like or what they think I look like. I made it to the gym and that is enough in my books. I'm also married and really not interested in getting hit on.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I dont really pay any attention to what other people are wearing at the gym,but I can only hope that something im doing or wearing is ruining someones day and forcing them to type out their frustraions on some message board somewhere:laugh:

AMEN to that one, sister!!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Notice there's not a thread that says "Sloppy Men at the Gym."

Couldn't care less what other people wear when they sweat at the gym.