tatoos>>>>?

Options

Replies

• michellelynne474
    michellelynne474 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love all three of mine... every one of them has meaning!!! And I plan to get more, just for your info :-) And if you don't like my "tattoos" then you can stay far away from me because who ever said I liked you anyway... and who ever asked for your opinion anyway!! There are millions of men and women that love tattoos, that's why tattoo artists are still in business today!!!
  • kiranicsmom
    kiranicsmom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have one, and someday soon... I will have it removed.

Too funny! I almost spit on my computer screen.

I have a tattoo and I love it and plan to get another one soon. I seriously would love to have huge tree sleeve on my arm but unfortunately I am a nurse and wouldn't want to have to cover it up all of the time.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    YES!
    Why not?
    I got a tat of a maple leaf, in 1990. It was NOT popular to do so, yet, and my mom almost had a hernia!
    When I lose my weight, I am going to reward myself with a tattoo of my daughter's name-it's something I've wanted since she was born, almost seven years ago! I think it's a great goal to have and can't wait.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    No. I'm not into defacing my own body. I also find them a turn-off in women, with a few rare exceptions.

It's just so trendy. There was a time that having tattoos meant something; either you were a biker or had done time etc. Now it just means that you follow the crowd.
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    The only difference between tattooed people and non tattoed people is....tattoed people don't care if your not tattoed!!!

I have a sleeve and many more and my hubby is almost covered. Proud of all of them and no regrets!!! I do get judged but love proving people wrong.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I am 60 years old and just got my 4th tattoo a couple of weeks ago. My first one was on the back of my neck about 3 years ago. All of mine have meaning. The reason I have tattooes - because I can!! After being ill over 14 years and a subsequent kidney transplant, it was time to live life to the fullest. I even asked my nephrologist first if I could, and, since he's known me all of those years, he just shook his head and said, 'go ahead'. My husband has two and will be getting another in a couple of weeks.

It is a personal preference whether you have tattooes or not. It is also a personal preference whether or not you like tattooes on other people. The only thing I have to say is - don't knock them!

Love this ^^^^^ You are awesome!

Thanks! Oh, and I ride a motorcycle, too!!
  • Starzy696
    Starzy696 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have one...want one more.

I think it depends on the person. I like them on guys, but it depends where, how big, and what they are!
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Girls with tats = mega hot.

yes we are. ;)
  • Deka61
    Deka61 Posts: 74
    Options
    Each to their own I suppose. I guess I'm biased as I was brought up when the only people who had tats were either criminals, or seamen.

If I saw a pretty girl at the bar, and she smoked, it was for me a huge turn off, these days if she has a tattoo, I just think she is stupid, you can express your individuality every day by wearing different clothes. I just think reduced IQ, not responsible.

I think Ozzie Osbourne got it right when he said if you want to be different, then don't get one, as every F**kers got one now!

They may be in fashion today, but fads change and you are stuck with it. I'd not like to be stuck with flairs from the 60's or Oxford bags from the 70's. So no, not for me. But if you get pleasure out of them, and you enjoy wearing them, that is your choice. But people do judge you (rightly or wrongly) on appearance, fat, thin, small, tall, skin colour, the lot, and make a quick judgment.

Just my option from a fat pompous bloke (No tats though) LOL.
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    YESS!!!!! I have 7 tatoos.... wish I would have the money to start my back project!

and it is not a question of age, my mother has 3/4 of her back tatoo!

It is a method of expression, like hair color or nail polish!
  • katieslosingit
    Options
    I love them. It is my way of expressing myself. I have 5 tattoos that have an actual meaning :)
  • YummyTpn
    Options
    I have a question though...
    What is a 'tramp stamp'?
    I keep reading that here, and don't know what it is!
    Thanks to anyone who can tell me what this is....I'm guessing, though, based on what I've read, that it's a tattoo on the lower back...is this right?
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    No. I'm not into defacing my own body. I also find them a turn-off in women, with a few rare exceptions.

It's just so trendy. There was a time that having tattoos meant something; either you were a biker or had done time etc. Now it just means that you follow the crowd.

Couldn't disagree more. Trendy is sport tattoo's or tramp stamps (lower back tattoos) or barb wire arm bands. not all tattoos are trendy and the folks that put in hours under the needle need to be respected because that is balls to the wall!!!!
  • jdthurm
    jdthurm Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm getting Leviticus 19:28 put on my arm next week ;-).
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I completely disagree with this.

If you want to get to the roots of tattooing, I suggest you do a little bit of research.... Tattooing has been around for centuries, and it did not start with bikers or people in jail.

And I would adore to know how I follow a crowd.... I am, out of every one I know, the least person to follow a trend.

This comment is just idiotic.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    And to that one who asked about what will I do when I get older, here's my answer :bigsmile:

tatold.jpg
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have a question though...
    What is a 'tramp stamp'?
    I keep reading that here, and don't know what it is!
    Thanks to anyone who can tell me what this is....I'm guessing, though, based on what I've read, that it's a tattoo on the lower back...is this right?

A 'tramp stamp' is a tattoo most commonly got by girls, at the bottom of their back/spine. Usually a tribal design. xo
  • YummyTpn
    Options

Couldn't disagree more. Trendy is sport tattoo's or tramp stamps (lower back tattoos) or barb wire arm bands. not all tattoos are trendy and the folks that put in hours under the needle need to be respected because that is balls to the wall!!!!

First, I completely agree with you, well said! (I am referring to the second post that points out that not all tattoos are trendy and should be respected. Right on!)
    Also, thanks for clearing up for me what a "tramp stamp" is.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Have a sleeve and several others.

They make me happy. And when I'm wrinkled and old, I'll be a way more bad *kitten* old lady than all y'all without ink. ;) And I'm ok with that.
  • mollyjackson82
    Options

I completely disagree with this.

If you want to get to the roots of tattooing, I suggest you do a little bit of research.... Tattooing has been around for centuries, and it did not start with bikers or people in jail.

And I would adore to know how I follow a crowd.... I am, out of every one I know, the least person to follow a trend.

This comment is just idiotic.

THANK YOU!!!!