Full Busted Women question (no rude comments please)

Options

Replies

• adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have double d's and I found a sports bra at wal-mart. Don't know the brand, but it's one for high impact. It's fantastic and has a very nice price tag :)
  • shortygurl0815
    Options
    I bought mine from Lane Bryant online. Underwire and specific sizing is a must.
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am a 38 DD and i double up on bras when i run. Right now i found one at target adn its a champion that has clasped on the back and i clasp it on the 2 clasp and that seems to work pretty well as well. Salute to big busted women. We ar ein this together :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yeah it depends on the fit. i guess i've been lucky enough to find 3 bras that consistently work.

i'm going to have to scratch enell off that list soon though because of how they do they're sizing. now that i've lost a bit of weight my ribcage is even smaller so to wear an enell that fits properly, i'd have to special order it. and considering a regular enell is $65, i dont even want to know what a custom one costs :laugh:

I perish the thought of having to pay for a custom bra- yikes!
    Before I gained weight again (the last time) I wore a 32F. Talk about hard to find size! Now I'm a 40G and there are more bras but none with really good support I've found. Might have to try an Enell... nervous about spending money on yet another sports bra. What's up with their sizing?

I used to wear a 32H...now that's hard to find LOL!! I'm now (post breast reduction) a 34D and believe it or not this size is still hard to find. Oh, and the most I ever spent on a custom fit bra was $150!
    32H/i is wear i am (well technically 34 but that's getting to be loose ). i pretty much decided to alter my sports bras as much as possible while i'm losing weight. my bras are going to look like something from frankenstein, but i dont care :laugh:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I have a really good Under Armour one. The trick with sports bras... definitely go to a sporting goods store and try to find a coupon online 'cause they are PRICEY. Look on the tags for what will say "high impact". This means running, anything that makes your girls jump! My Under Armour one is reversible so I wear it one way once, the other way once, then wash, and I have another one I got at Target that's decent, but not as great (It's a C9 - they have pretty good bras for the price, depending on HOW full-busted you are).

Others will mention really pricey (like $80-100) bras on Amazon...but I say go with one you can actually try on. My Under Armour bra was about $50 before the coupon I got at a hockey game that saved me $10!
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra with underwire and then a sports bra on top of it.

This is exactly what I do and my girls stay in place! I'm currently a 36DD (was a 40DD before weight loss).
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I wear a Shock Absorber with an Elle Sport bra/ short top thingy over the top. Go to a good sports shop and try a few on. Some I couldn't do up on my own or were too uncomfortable etc.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Champion all the way, baby! I found mine at target. You I have the moderate support and works very well because it has built in cups. I am getting another one but may get a high support one. But I would just suggest to go out and investigate.

Keep Calm and Carry On,
    Anna
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    either invest in a really, really good 60-80$ one, or double wrap them as others have suggested. I love them every other hour of the day except when I am working out :)
  • Clarevmb
    Clarevmb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Can't beat 'shock absorber' range
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of Nike bras that are wonderful. I don't go anywhere in them. In fact, I burn calories getting in and out of them. :)
  • Pkiddy
    Pkiddy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FitMissVicky
    FitMissVicky Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Two pieces of advice
    1) go to a good bra store and get properly fitted. Also good stores are more likely to carry brands like Enell or Freya in the sizes you need. If you want to buy online, get fitted first and then you can shop secure in knowing you're getting the right size. Nothing worse than an ill-fitting bra when you need support the most! I don't find getting sports bras at a running store useful - they never have the size range I need.

2) Don't hesitate to spend the money. It is an investment that will pay off. My running bra is a Freya Soft Cup (not sure I could run in underwire but they have them) but I have also used Shock Absorber. And I hear Enell is good.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am around a 36H. I have Freya and Shock Absorber bras. I only need one they hold me in. :) I don't jog, I have successfully done jumping jacks. They are on Figleaves.com and also Very.com and Bare Necessities.

Very.com has the cheapest prices on Shock Absorber! I got one for $36!!!!!
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • Gottastop
    Gottastop Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Here's the Moving Comfort Maia, with reviews on athlete's web site. It is full coverage, but is like a bra within a bra. I actually wear these on a daily basis, even when I am not exercising! I am particularly happy with the bra b/c I have a small rib cage relative to my chest (29in under bust, 35in over the girls; wear 32DD) and this is the first bra I have found that doesn't either ride up or just completely smash everything into an uncomfortable uniboob.

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=46915&vid=1&pid=684630

EDIT: btw I am wearing the bra in my profile pic.
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    I not only wear a sports bra which you can find every where, Target, Kohls, etc., but I also wear two bras to boot. I've lost 40lbs to date, yet my breast remain the same! I thought I would at least go down a cup size or two but no, these babies are here to stay.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra with underwire and then a sports bra on top of it.

That is what I do too....a pain in the butt, but it keeps the girls in their cages! ;)
  • GlynisH
    GlynisH Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Big secret- wear two bras.

One sports that is a lil too small and then a regular over the top. Both underwire- that helps :)

yep! 2 bras!