One year on mfp...287lbs towards a new me

Options
Gary1977
Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
I can't believe it but my one year here has now come & gone as of March 25th. I started using this site to track food & exercise, but soon realized the real asset to me was the great people on this site. It is the friends that I've made on here that has kept me logging in day after day. I can't let you know enough how much I appreciate each & every one of you. I hope that I've been able to give half the encouragement & support that I've been shown.

Here's just a little background on me. When I started this journey, I weighed 665lbs:sad: :blushing: It was all I could do just to walk from my car to the house or my desk at work. In short, life was miserable. My ahh haa moment came at & leading up to my brother's wedding. I was mortified that I was unable to get a tuxedo to wear even at big & tall stores. My brother also had to choose a co-best man because my knees hurt so bad that I was unable to stand long enough to be beside him at the ceremony. This hurts typing this even now because he & I are very close. I put on my best brave face because I didn't want anyone to see how crushed I was that day, but I made my mind up that I was going to gain control of the train wreck of my life or die trying. I started seeing a nutrionist & walking every day as much as I could. I found this site & that was A LIFE CHANGING MOMENT IN ITSELF! My friends on here have been very supportive. I have several(I won't call out by name) that I text & talk to on a near daily basis. Now through hard work & dedication, I've lost 287lbs & gained the confidence to know there is nothing in this life that I can't accomplish if I put my mind to it. My journey is far from done, but I now look ahead fully know that I CAN DO THIS!!!

Below is a few pictures I included. I apologize ahead of time as I had trouble resizing them without blurs. They are small but you can check them out:

weightlosspictures4.jpg

This was me singing at my brothers wedding(665lb me)

weightlosspictures6.jpg

One month in...about 80lbs lost

weightlosspictures.jpg

weightlosspictures3.jpg

These are one my one year MFP anniversary

I love this site & everyone on it. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome journey to date with me:drinker:

Replies

• DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    very good, your an inspiration for real
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    WOW. Amazing transformation!!!!! Once again, I am truly inspired, great....no

Completely superiorly epic journey!!!! You're doing BRILLIANT!
  • skatters
    skatters Posts: 48
    Options
    So so inspirational! I love that you are doing this and are so committed. I am awe struck! You look FABULOUS! I get discouraged because I have a lot to lose, and exercise is hard, and yada yada. But it is doable - you proved that! Congratulations to you!
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about this site & my friends here. Phenomenal job!

So glad to know you! :happy:
  • kelleyke
    kelleyke Posts: 20
    Options
    What an incredible job you've done so far, please keep it up and I can't wait to see what you look like in another year!
  • TerrJohns
    TerrJohns Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You've come along way. You've show me to be patient in this journey.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wow very impressive and motivating Gary! Keep it going and never give up! Its incredible you did this all by yourself no drugs and no surgeries!
  • linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    Wow! I almost cried just reading your story, you truly are an inspiration to us all!
  • mandachristine
    mandachristine Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is incredible! Congrats on your journey!
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look great. Well done
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is absolutely amazing what you have done. You should be very proud of yourself! Keep up the good work and I am sure you'll reach your goal!!
  • blessmy5
    blessmy5 Posts: 95
    Options
    Wow - very impressive! Congratulations!
  • cacweaver
    cacweaver Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable!! Congratulations!
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    omg! you've done amazing! Keep it going! :D
  • Shannonbayer
    Shannonbayer Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary!
    Awesome job! You've made amazing progress, congratulations!
  • paw247Pat
    paw247Pat Posts: 30
    Options
    You are such an inspiration!!! Wonderful job....amazing. Congrats!!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    You look so fabulous . . . so proud of you my friend.:bigsmile:
  • bsidwell
    bsidwell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What an amazing achievement!
  • Samcgly
    Samcgly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!! We feel so proud of you and so happy for you!! :) You look amazing and have so much to look forward to!! :) Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing your story! Big hugs from MN!! :)
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    Dude that is awesome! ^^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!