any females with big calves

Options

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why some are not able to find boots. My calves are 14.5 and I never had a problem finding tall boots.

I have small ankles, so my calves stick out. But I don't have a problem with them. I know once I lose the rest of my weight, I will probably only get down to 13.5. I am 5'8 by the way.

14-15 is probably the limit to finding boots. I am about 15-15.5, and they do not zip up all the way, but they aren't very far off from zipping for me, around a .25 inches or so.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I measured my calves at the largest point around and mine are 15inches.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    14.5" here! I love them, but finding boots is a pain in the butt!!!

Omg it is the worst! There is nothing more embarrassing then getting stuck in a pair at DSW, hopping and flailing until you topple over trying to pull the darned thing off. Not that I know from personal experience or anything......

YES!!!! I have that problem! I have to wear ankle boots!
  • DusteneLee
    Options
    My calves are big and I hate them!!!! They have been big my entire life. I am built like my dad and my calves can go "out" with muscle, they are not long. When I was younger all the "skinny" people in town always commented on how great they were, but I hated them. As my body has changed, now they are not as defined and fat is over the muscle. I do not know what do to do make them look better. I am at least working on toning them now so they look a little better. But glad I am not the only one that has to deal with this.
  • nattou
    nattou Posts: 14
    Options
    SIGH. Like everyone here, I have the most AWFUL time trying to find boots. I've often resorted to having to buy a bigger size just to get my calves in, but i've also had to return some boots too... It sucks because they look so cute on everyone else and then on you it's like you've got a tumor growing down there (LOL jk).

I'm a former volleyball player so a lot of the strength was founded on the bottom half of my legs and 8 years kind of sort of accumulated /sigh. Good bye, sweet boots. Parting is such BITTER sorrow.
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    This thread is starting to give me a complex. Mine are 14.5" and I thought they were pretty damn nice calves. Now I have to worry about the size of my calves??
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'1 @ 188lbs- my calves at 17" and HATE it!! I really want to start wearing boots in the Fall. Not only do I have to worry about my ginormous calves, I have wide feet too.
  • merie08
    merie08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    to everyone that thinks their calves are huge or whatever, at least your calves match:( It sucks for me because one of mine is huge and the other has muscle atrophy so there is a obvious difference when im wearing shorts or anything showing them.
  • tephey
    tephey Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

mine are 19.5. i so get the boots issue!
    [/quote]

Same here. 19.5. Though I carry a LOT of weight, I've never seemed to get fat there. Same here on the boots.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Mine are 17 inches around, and I also have trouble finding boots!
    Thanks for starting this thread! It's nice to know I'm not alone.
  • lorrjoe
    lorrjoe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My calves are 15 inches. Big and muscular. So hard to find boots!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I worked out from the age of 15 and did martial arts - my calves now due to horse riding are still toned and are15cm and yes they're solid.

I hated them for years but remember a night out in my early 20's with a bunch of workmates / friends and a guy I fancied (who was a body builder).. I overheard him as we walked from one pub to another comment to a workmate that I had great legs.. I was in black tights and a tight skirt - believe me that felt GREAT and made me realise that muscular legs were a good thing! lol

I don't show my legs often but my hubby always compliments me on them when I do show them.. and reminds me they are fab! lol he's a strange man!
  • jaim30
    jaim30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    14.5 in here
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    16 inches at the widest. No boots will fit. I have the indent where the gastrocnemius muscle boundaries are located. You can also visibly see my soleus muscles. Why? I am a fencer and that really works those calf muscles. I also do squats with weights. I get a lot of compliments, especially from men.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yes, me! The results of 12 years of swimming frequently. I do get comments regularly at the gym, but they're always positive so I've come to accept maybe even like my calves :)
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have always had super muscular legs without really trying. Thanks to dance and rugby for several years though I have been unable to wear ladies ski boots or any boot that comes past my mid calf. :( I'm 5'4" and my calves are 15.75 and 16. Oh well all it takes is to put on a sweatshirts and short shorts and I look more athletic than I am lol.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    The only boots I wear are ski boots, and it's a pain to find boots that fit my calves. I'm looking forward to small calves so I can get into ski boots easier!

This!! My calves measure in at 17.5" and ski boots are even hard to buckle sometimes!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i dont like my big calves i can slim mine down by going on a lowwwwwwwwwwwwww fat diet
  • Vikingmiss
    Vikingmiss Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My calves are very large! I blame my nordic heritage (haha)! Although I do not mind them, it is hard to fit into fashionable boots... then only kind I ever found that fit are by Timberland... they are super cute! :D
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I don't understand why some are not able to find boots. My calves are 14.5 and I never had a problem finding tall boots.

I have small ankles, so my calves stick out. But I don't have a problem with them. I know once I lose the rest of my weight, I will probably only get down to 13.5. I am 5'8 by the way.

There is a 7" height difference between the two of us. I think the problem is that the widest part of your calves and mine do not hit at the same place in the boots. The thickest part of my calves hit lower in the boot (closer to the ankle) where boots tend to be narrower. That's my guess anyway.