One year on mfp...287lbs towards a new me

Options

Replies

• acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story. What worked best for you: diet or exercise. Or both?
  • Loriabbrill
    Loriabbrill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have never responded to anything I have read on this site. But you have made me cry. I am in awe of the courage you have shown in embarking on this journey. Truly amazing! Thank you for the inspiration you are exuding to us all. May God continue to Bless you and us ....
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow! you are awsome!!! Congrats
  • citydwellers
    Options
    Wow Gary you so much to be proud of. Good work. Continue on and best of luck!!
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Gary ! I loved this story. You are a true hero. You have saved your own life and inspired so many more to do the same. I'm so happy we are friends ! You make me so proud of you. Btw , your clothes are hanging on you. I'd love to take you out and get something in your size. Kisses !
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Good for you Gary for deciding enough was enough and taking your life back! I wish you continued success in your journey! You got this!!
  • Hovenweep
    Hovenweep Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I never really reply to postings on the forum, but i had to make a reply to this. What you have accomplished is an amazing feat and such an inspiration to all of us who have replied. To see such determination to make such a massive difference in your weight, it just leaves me in awe of your courage because It takes a lot of courage to decide to make as drastic of a change as you did. I imagine a lot of people in your position would've just gave up concluding there was nothing that could be done by that point, but you did something. You decided that you still had it in you and took a brave course of action which i can only imagine has been a hard one. So congratualtions to such an amazing achievement and may you keep it up for many years to come.
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Your storey has brought tears to my eyes. Not only is your storey heartfelt, I can TOTALLY relate to you. I'm so proud of you! Not only have you encourage each and everyone of us on here, but I'm sure I would speak for the each of us when I say "KEEP IT UP" and you look "HOT" GO BOY!!!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!
  • sailorgrad
    Options
    Wow! What an awesome story! What an inspiration. Thank you for sharing. You are proof that it can be done with diet and exercise.
  • CrazyCatLadee2
    CrazyCatLadee2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration!!! You personal story touched a chord in my heart. Thank-You for sharing your story. I am so glad you have such amazing friends to help you through your incredible journey. I think that's part of my own struggle, I don't feel as though I have the support I need. I have withdrawn so much that it's hard to let people in to help/encourage me. Your story reminded me that it's ok to let me guard down and trust that people won't judge and that they are there to help. I wish you all the best as you continue your journey and I look forward to reading about your updates down the road!! I know with your determination and positive attitude you will continue to succeed. :-)
  • whiterice83
    whiterice83 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You've done an amazing job and are an inspiration! Good luck on the rest of your journey as well!!!!
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    This is incredible! You are such a strong and beautiful person, and I hope you know that that person that you were is in the past and is never going to come back for you. :)
    You inspire me so much. Congratulations and good luck on the rest of your journey, you are such an inspiration. :)
  • anewbeginning
    anewbeginning Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you are AMAZING!! and look AWESOME! What an inspiration and just what I needed to start out the week.
  • confuzzledwife
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job and a great motivational post :)
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Amazing, simply amazing. Congratulations to you on your new lease on life!!! Nothing stopping you!!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Fantastic job!!! I've been using this site for about a year now myself, but never really got involved in using the message boards. I would love to have some support outside of my own home. But you are definitely an inspiration!
  • Fozzyspotts
    Fozzyspotts Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, don't know you, but you have inspired me to keep going. Really amazing story and I wish you continued health and happiness in your journey. Thank you for sharing.
  • 38meanie
    38meanie Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing journey you've been on this past year! Your transformation is truly an inspiration...congrats and keep up the great work! :)
  • jlong7774
    jlong7774 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Tremendous, absolutely tremendous. You must feel great. Well done. Thank you for posting your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!