How Long Before Someone Noticed Your Loss??

Options

Replies

• Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It took me buying some new threads for some people to notice. A gal in our Employee Dining area was like... Ryan have you lost weight?
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    I'm at 133, down from 149, no one has noticed yet :( I think part of the problem is that I'm still wearing the same clothes.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I took about 55 pounds - and I only had two people notice so far... really wierd, because I am down from a size 24 to a 14-16.
  • renkath
    renkath Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    One woman at works said, "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight, haven't you?" (after ten pounds).
    The other sitting next to her, "OH? From where, I can't see that she's lost any weight."
  • 1Nifty50
    1Nifty50 Posts: 21
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs since nov.2012 and the other day my husband looked at me and said your butt is getting smaller! No one else had said a word.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    People started to notice around the 15 lb mark for me. One thing I really noticed is that if I kept wearing my fat clothes, nobody noticed but as soon as I bought/wore nicer fitting clothes, people noticed.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    At 28 and 3 months and no one has said anything. But in a month and a half is my lil sis's graduation and I get to see family and friends I haven't seen since the holidays so I'm hoping I'm down 40 and they notice :-)
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15lbs and no one has really noticed. It's not really that noticeable yet, except that everything fits better. I've gained more than that over the last 6 months though, so people have seen me smaller and bigger so I don't expect anyone to notice.
  • sdow
    sdow Posts: 71
    Options
    Sometimes you have to wear smaller clothes before people will notice.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    So I'm wondering how many pounds it book for you to get that first compliment...

My long distance boyfriend saw me for the 1st time in 2 weeks and I was quite disappointed he didn't notice my 10 pound lost....or at least pretend he did since he knows I've been working so hard to loose the weight. I'm trying not to get bummed over it but remember if I keep losing he'll have to recognize eventually.

About how much weight do you think it takes to start to noticeably look smaller? (My starting weight was 155, size 10/12.)

I have a woman that works a few cubes from me and I notice when she loses 10 pounds... although she goes up and down on the weight like I get in and out of my chair at work... (yes I have tried to recommend MFP) As for my own weight loss I had people noticing when I had dropped 10 pounds. So if your BF didn't mention it it may be that he didn't think he needed to or he really didn't know what you looked like before... although that is probably not the case. lol
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It took someone roughly a month to notice that the weight was starting to come off. A lot of people really didn't notice it too much until I got past the 50 lb mark.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I got my first complements at about 20lbs lost. Apparently my face showed it as well as my waist. I'm quite larger than you starting at 270 and a size 22/24, but I think that it takes more than 10lbs for people to catch the loss... no matter your starting size/weight.
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    48906345923278283_sQe70ckQ_b.jpg
    love this
  • irisia99
    irisia99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have 30 lbs to lose. I've lost 7.6 lbs in 5 weeks. I've barely noticed and no one else has either. Just got to keep on keeping on. I do feel so much better knowing that 1/4 of the way there. I'm thinking 3 more pounds and it'll start to show. I'm 5'0" and I carry my weight in my face, arms, boobs, tummy, butt, hips, thighs, fingers. My ankles, wrists, and ears are very skinny though!
  • poeticallydevine
    poeticallydevine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    about 15 pounds my coworkers started noticing...at 20 some people i converse with at the gym began noticing.
  • yogamom16
    yogamom16 Posts: 114
    Options
    I have lost over 30lbs and so far only 1 person has noticed. My starting weight was 165 and now I am 131, you would think more people would notice. It is definitely disappointing.
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I love this!
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have lost 37 pounds and last night, for the 1st time, someone besides my husband said to me, wow, you've really lost weight! Why ye, yes I have. Thank you for noticing! :)
  • kelleman1
    kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When I went to visit home after I'd lost 26 lbs, no one but my Aunt and BFF, who knew I'd lost weight, said anything. When I went home after I lost 30 lbs, everyone noticed.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have lost 18 and people notices yesterday. It probably depends on where you lose it. I wore a dress that really showed off the weight loss in my stomach. Now my face is the last to lose weight, so if I wore loose clothing you probably couldn't tell.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!