Supplements---What do you take?

Options

Replies

• Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin, Calcium, Dandelion Root (during TOM), Green Tea and Flaxseed Oil (Omega-3).
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I take these if I can remember (~4 times a week, ahaha) :

Multivitamin - New Chapter
    Efalex - Efamol ( Great EFA supplement that increases concentration, originally intended for people with ADD and ADHD, but its also great if you have to study 10 hours a day!)

and I take:

Immune 7x - Purica
    Recovery Fx - Purica
    Ascorbic Acid - AOR

as required.
  • HEATHERB500
    HEATHERB500 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I take nothing. I get all my nutrients from food. IMO Thats where they should come from.

I would like to be in that situation right now as well, but I am a vegetarian anemic, and the only way I could raise my iron up to a healthy level was through supplements.

You might already know this but just in case. You should be eating beans with a whole grain (to get complete protien) and vitamin c to help the body absorb the iron. When you take your iron supps take on an empty stomach with OJ or other high vitC containing food or drink. Spinach is also high in iron, but once again you'll absorb it better if you have it with something high in vit C. Just being a Vegan should not make you anemic if you know what you body needs, but anemia is seldom caused by not consuming enough iron. Usually there is a pregnancy/breastfeeding, bleeding, or kidney issue.
  • mlpeep777
    mlpeep777 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Shakeology- Its like eating a ton of veggies, but it tastes like Chocolate. It's a meal replacement shake that is almost like a frosty. You might like it. Yes veggies are the best, but its hard to get them all down some days.
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    I take nothing. I get all my nutrients from food. IMO Thats where they should come from.

This. Or sometimes I may take a calcium supplement.
    *right now I am taking a biotin supplement bc I cut my hair and didn't like it..so yeah
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know :ohwell: I had bought a big bottle because I didn't want 'fishy burps' before I learned that unless you're vegan you should really be taking fish oil. I'm going to switch once the bottle of flax is done. Any recommendations for the least offensive brand?

Get BB.com fish oil, seriously. For the price, you won't find anything more potent. I, for one, do not want to take 8-10 capsules a day from Kirkland Signature just so I can hit my EPA/DHA for the day and consume more fat than I need to. I've also only had fish burps from them twice and that's only because I eat them with fairly large meals.
  • patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Multi-vitamin
    Calcium with Vitamin D
    Vitamin D
    Iron
    Vitamin C
  • patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know :ohwell: I had bought a big bottle because I didn't want 'fishy burps' before I learned that unless you're vegan you should really be taking fish oil.

This would be not just vegans, but ANY vegetarian. Or even if you aren't a vegetarian, but are allergic. :)
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    I take:

Double dose of multivitamin w/CoQ10
    Fish oil x3
    Vtiman C
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin
    Vit C
    Omega 3
    Calcium with mag + Vit D
    Chia seeds
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    Usually Calcium + D and a multivitamin.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

I am the same, I don't even take a vitamin each day to be honest.

The only time I would consider taking supplements is if I were a vegan as they are unable to get some of the B vitamins and some other stuff from their foods.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    A daily multivitamin
    Vitamin D3
    Glucosamine (for my creaky knees)
    Omega-3

I used to take calcium because my doctor said all women my age should (because most people fall short), but then I found that I was regularly getting 125%-150% of the RDA of calcium from just my diet - so I quit that supplement.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Calcium+D and Iron pills; doctors orders :flowerforyou:
    Oh and a Fish Oil tablet for my heart!
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I take iron, calcium and vitamin D
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I actually work as a contracted writer and researcher for a supplements company, so I know my **** :wink:

Supplements work if you know how to use them.

I currently take:
    Women's Multi
    B Complex
    Magnesium, Zinc, and Calcium

Don't forget to take your vitamins and supplements with lunch! Don't drink caffeine any time during or before you take your vitamins!

Didn't know not to take them with my coffee in the morning. What does it do?

I take muti silver morning and night. plus b complex once aday, magnesium once, and lectihin twice I would take cq 10 if I could offord to.
  • FinalOutrage
    Options
    Multivitamin
    MP Assault (for my pre-workout needs)
    Whey Protein
  • Serenity64
    Options
    I take an iron pill several times each week and a B complex daily because my doctor says so. I hate the iron, because I get nauseous, but it beats weeks of iron infusions at the hospital. Both are because I become deficient without supplementation - I get my levels tested 1-2 times per year. I have intestinal damage from eating gluten and cannot absorb nutrients well from foods.
  • Masterchef2000
    Masterchef2000 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I take women's one a day around the time of my monthly visitor. I get super tired and have problems with anemia around this time no matter what I eat or try to do (like exercise, sleep a little longer...ect). I don't get as tired when I take them. Otherwise no, I don't take them. Although my doctor wants to shove Vitamin D and calcium pills down my throat for no reason. I've had the blood tests, nothing wrong in those areas!
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I've BEEN tested, and I take vitamin D and iron on the Doc's orders!

And for the "fish burps" dilemma: Try FREEZING them. Never had a problem with fish burps myself!