What brand of dog food does your dog eat?

Options

Replies

• anfmusicgrl
    anfmusicgrl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I feed my dogs - Wellness Core; Blue Buffalo; and regular Wellness. I supplement with some of the refrigerated raw organic dog foods, and canned Wellness & Blue Buffalo.

I have 3 smaller dogs (schnoodle, chinese crested powder puff, and yorkie poo). They all 3 had skin allergies, etc. I thought I was using good foods when using purina, etc until I read the ingredients and learned how deceiving those companies are.

My dogs now have healthier coats, more energy, way less itching and skin rashes, and less (almost no) eye discharge. They love this food. My schnoodle used to barely eat. She would look anorexic at times. She LOVES the wellness Core, and is so much healthier now. Because this food is more filling and provides them what they actually need, they also eat less in quantity. So, yes, a bag costs more, but they eat less..so I have found over time the price difference is not even noticeable on what I spend total.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I make their food, with pasta, chicken or beef, and rice. They get whole foods, just like we do, and if they get kibble, like if we're out of town, it's Blue Buffalo, usually.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I would totally feed ours raw if: a) I had room for a chest freezer and b) I didn't have one dog that was very possessive over real meat

ETA: If you do decide to feed raw, you can't give them kibble at the same time, it's digested at a different rate and has the potential to cause bloat...not good - that's for the people considering, those who already feed will already know :-))
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    We feed our pup Instinct Raw. She gets a raw patty morning and night with 1/4 cup of the raw kibble. Raw food is SO much better for your pet. We buy it All The Best Petcare which is a local company but if you google Instinct you will be able to find out where it it sold. She also gets a Kelp multivitamin nightly. Check it out!
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I would totally feed ours raw if: a) I had room for a chest freezer and b) I didn't have one dog that was very possessive over real meat

Lol, put a steak in front of me then try to take it back. I'll show you possessive :)
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Beneful Incredibites. I have a chihuahua and a pekingnese. The small kibble is easier for them to chew
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Blue buffalo senior large breed for my 8 year old lab...
    Blue buffalo large breed puppy for my new baby :)
  • NonnyK
    NonnyK Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Kirklands Lamb and Rice
    No corn products for us. Usually causes allergies with labs.
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use Avoderm and Blue.. I love them both and my dogs are very very healthy
  • lcpurser
    lcpurser Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have fed my dogs a varety of different foods, cheap and expensive. I really like Nutro or Science Diet, but when I am broke I go for Kibbles N Bits or Gravy Train. I also feed them scrambled eggs and leftovers from dinner. When they eat the cheaper stuff they do poop more and have looser stools, but if my family is eating hamburger helper and ramen noodles because we are broke til payday, then the dogs have to deal with it too. I love them, but they are not going to eat better than my children LOL. And it is true, with the Nutro and Science Diet they eat less because it fills them up more.
  • AmeChops
    Options

Lol, put a steak in front of me then try to take it back. I'll show you possessive :)

Haha...probably an equally nerving sight lol!!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    AvoDerm Natural, a line by Breeder's Choice. (I don't have kids, so I spend money on my dog, lol).

It is made with very high quality, natural ingredients. Avocado is a main ingredient in all the flavors of AvoDerm. Along with all the other health benefits of avocado, the natural fats are very good for coat health. My dog is nearly 9 years old and looks like a 3 year old. I attribute it to his food.

I buy the oven baked lamb and brown rice for him. He loves it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Merrick dry and either Merrick or Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul canned, plus two baby carrots with each meal.

The ingredients on his food are better than the ingredients in a lot of mine.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Costco or Kirkland Premium Lamb or Chicken etc..
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    LOL People love their dogs, don't they? :) I love mine. I feed them Nutro Ultra. I read dog food labels as much as I do people food labels, and just like people food there are significant differences in the quality of the foods. There are many bad and many good choices out there. I stick with Nutro Ultra because my boxers have sensitivities to grains other than rice, generally. Yes, I have figured this out the hard way. Poor, sick puppies they were.

If they didn't have barley-related issues, I think Natural Balance, Wellness, Blue Buffalo are all good choices… as are others.

If your dog food labels sugar as an ingredient (Beneful) RUN the other direction! Of course they love it! We love sugar, too, don't we?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Natural Balance Chicken and Sweet potato formula for their dry food and canned Chicken Soup for the Soul Adult formula (it has chicken,turkey,duck,and salmon along with a host of veggies and whatnot) which they love!!
  • amy4586
    amy4586 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Neutro we get it at petsmart. It's kinda pricey but it's a decent food and healthy
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul......handful to say, but its one of the best♥
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

ETA: If you do decide to feed raw, you can't give them kibble at the same time, it's digested at a different rate and has the potential to cause bloat...not good - that's for the people considering, those who already feed will already know :-))

Do you mean at the same meal or at all? I feed my dogs kibble for breakfast every day and for dinner every other day. No fear of bloat and if you don't supplement your dogs' food with the correct nutrients (that are already included in the kibble they eat), you can actually make them very, very ill. Since I can't afford to feed them raw full time, I don't supplement their raw feedings with anything because they are getting what they need from their kibble.
  • AmeChops
    Options

Do you mean at the same meal or at all? I feed my dogs kibble for breakfast every day and for dinner every other day. No fear of bloat and if you don't supplement your dogs' food with the correct nutrients (that are already included in the kibble they eat), you can actually make them very, very ill. Since I can't afford to feed them raw full time, I don't supplement their raw feedings with anything because they are getting what they need from their kibble.

Sorry, I meant together in the same meal :-))