Women Ages 50+ for the month of AUGUST

Options

Replies

• jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

- It was wonderful meeting Susan for lunch yesterday. We had a great time and I look forward to future lunch meetings and maybe even some workouts and hikes on future visits. It was the first time I ever met anyone via the intranet and the first time I ever sent a text message. (I did have to get help with the texting)

-It rained two days in a row and the forest fire 2.5 miles from my house is contained and (hopefully) on it's way out. Needless to say the past weekend was very stressful.

I'm bound and determined to make my goal for August and have 3 more pounds to go and will be happy if 2 of them disappear. So, I better go and do my workout now.

Jeannie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Good Evening to all,
    I am resisting the impulse to go for a walk in the 90 minutes of daylight that is still left. I am getting better but am still trying to take it easy. I got plenty of sleep last night and headed off to line dance with plenty of energy. After lunch I took the dogs to the dog park and we stayed about 25 minutes.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Vicki, congratulations to you for getting into the 180's. You have been so faithful and so principled in your weight loss journey. You have stuck to your plan even when it would have been easier and more fun to stray. I know you will continue to reach milestones on the way to your goal. Keep your eye on the goal and you'll reach it.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I am excited from a distance at the idea of Jeannie and SuzyQ actually meeting and spending time together. Maybe someday others of us will have the same joyous experience.

:flowerforyou: Becky, my cat, Haifa, is fourteen years old and I can't even think about life without him. How wonderful that your cat is 20 years old. Did you get him as a kitten? I've never had a cat older than 14. I see on your ticker that you've lost one of your "new" five pounds. Congratulations.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I got 14,000 steps today so I'm back on track with that goal.:bigsmile: I'm drinking water right now to keep up with that goal. :bigsmile: The other goal is weight and that's always a surprise.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hugs and best wishes to all of you as you continue to walk this path to health:heart::heart:
    Barbie
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I found this poem in my e-mails and thought I would share part of it with you.
    :flowerforyou: This world is like a garden
    :flowerforyou: where roses bloom along the way,
    :flowerforyou: Some will fly off to sprout elsewhere
    :flowerforyou: while some forever stay.
    :flowerforyou: My pleasant garden bountifully flowers
    :flowerforyou: each with a special face...
    :flowerforyou: All my blossoming friends,
    :flowerforyou: bless me with their heavenly grace.:heart:
    Have a wonderful evening. and
    :drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: that water, Rosemary
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    Thanks to all of you for your well wishes on my weight loss. I have told you before and will keep telling you I do not think I would have done it without you ladies. Reporting to all of you each day and hearing all of your struggles and accomplishments keeps me going. I thank each and every one of you. Barbie I agree it would be so awesome to someday meet all or some of you. I feel like we know each other so well. I am glad Susie and Jeannie got that chance. I am probably closest to Susie though I do not know what part of Texas she is in. I did well today with eating and exercise. That loss this morning was a great motivator. Barbie thank you for your great words. It is wonderful to hear them and have so many people believe in me. I am off to bed. Hubby has been gone for two days and will be back tomorrow. See you tomorrow ladies. Keep up the good work all of you. To those not posting if you are reading just a quck word would be awesome . We really miss you all.
    Vicki M
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new on this thread. Momof10 asked me to join back in July, but I've been busy vacationing. Tough job, but someone has to do it and decided it might as well be me. Check out my profile page to meet me. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Have a wonderful Thursday, and here's to smart choices! Mary
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome, Mary,
    We're so glad to have you in our group. This is a very encouraging and supportive group. they have changed my life. with your weight loss so far, you probably have lots of good ideas to share with us. Congratulations on your success so far and best wishes for continued success, one day at a time. together we can go far down this road to health.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    hugs:heart::heart:
    Barbie
  • HeatherMMB
    Options
    HI Mary!
    Welcome! Congratulations on your acheivements to date:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

this is a great group - everyday the postings bring inspiration, a sense of community and humour! Glad you are here! :happy:
    Heather
  • HeatherMMB
    Options
    You know how I thought I was in the double digits - well math was never my strong suit: :grumble: (the ticker came up with 10 and I just went with it - wishful thinking :embarassed: )

BUT I am down 9 pounds and only 1 to go to get to 10!!
  • msh0530
    Options
    Hang in there Heather! You can do it! The first ten is really exciting. Actually, every 10 is pretty exciting. Go, Heather, go! Go, Heather, go!
  • 4everhealthy
    Options
    HELLO It has been a nice day! I'm doing better each day. I'm a little low in calories, accordin to fitness pal. i did 20 min of walking. A little each day and i know i'll make it. :smile:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mary,
    Congratulations on your first 50 and lots of luck on the second. You have done great. I read your profile. Like you my family is #1 in my life. I have 4 children and 6 grandchildren. I feel so good since I have lost weight. I can now have fun with my grandkids and not just watch them have fun. You will love this site. This site has been a lifesaver to me. I can share joys, sorrows, complain, whatever and everyone listens and shares with me. These ladies are a great group and we are so glad you have decided to join us.
    Vicki M
  • msh0530
    Options
    HELLO It has been a nice day! I'm doing better each day. I'm a little low in calories, accordin to fitness pal. i did 20 min of walking. A little each day and i know i'll make it. :smile:
    4ever: Yes, a little each day is definitely good. When I started, my doctor told me that the newest research said that only 20 minutes of walking a day will help with weight loss, so that's where I started, and by golly, he was right! One step at a time, and you will get where you are going!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I have not been doing very well the last few days. Eating junk!!! I will get back to healthy tomorrow..promise.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Barbie...My son, who is 26 now, got the cat when he was 6. He can't have her where he lives at this time and frankly, I think that he is a little afraid to be responsible for her. If I don't stop eating the junk I will be putting that weight back on.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Losers!!:noway: (Meant in the most POSITIVE way of course!!:bigsmile: )

Just realized I haven't posted on this thread since Sunday. I have been reading, though. I am still alive and kicking, or should I say "walking?"

Anyway, today I had a dr. visit to updated my blood pressure medication. When the nurse came out to get me, she asked me how I was, and when I stood up, she answered her own question by saying "Skinny" :drinker: :drinker: I wouldn't go quite that far, but I'll take it anyway!:laugh:

When my doctor came in, she took one look at me and asked, "What have you been doing?" So I told her about MFP and my walking program, and how I had changed my eating habits. She said, "Keep it up!!" and also told me that in another 15 lbs. I can probably reduce one of my meds by 50%.

I asked her if she would like me to write something she could hand out to her patients that need a kick in the hiney to jumpstart their own weight loss program, and she said she would be interested in what I might prepare and she would see how she might be able to use it. You can bet MFP is going to be prominantly featured in whatever I put together.

I didn't get much of a nap today, so I need to end this for now and hit the feathers:yawn:

Barb
  • msh0530
    Options
    A bright and cheery good morning to all! I hope this finds you well, rested, and ready to tackle a weekend.
    Barb - great for you! I told my dr. about MFP last spring when he asked how I did it, and he wrote it down to check out for recommendation to others.
    Today, it has finally happened again. I have to go to the grocery store. I hate grocery shopping! Anyway, I'm off to make my menu, list, and YUK, hunt for coupons. The good news is that my four year old grandson spent the night, so at least I will have good company! The bad news is that I have to wait for the plumber to show up before I can go. Does anyone know how much 62,000 gallons of water is going to cost me? Apparently that is how much we leaked while we were on vacation and a pipe developed a problem we didn't know about. Anyway, I hope they show up so I can get my water turned back on - this kind of stinks. At least it didn't leak anywhere in the house and nothing is ruined!

Have a fabulous Friday, and here's to smart choices!
  • HeatherMMB
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    it is a beautiful sunny day here - nice summer weather :bigsmile:

Mary - thanks for the encouragment - I really appreciate it! one more to go - one more to go! :laugh:

we have a stroke prevention program here - actualy all through Ontario and the docs ALL say that 20 minutes a day is enough to prevent stroke and heart attack AND it doesn't have to be 20 hard, horrid minutes - just a brisk walk. One of the docs said that the best thing you can do for yourself is buy a dog or find a dog to walk every day - I guess they are our best friends! I have 4 cats and they just won't walk with me - around me, through my feet, on my feet but no brisk walk :laugh:

Have a great weekend everyone!! :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Good Morning 'Pals'

Far too busy again today. I just wanted to hop on and congratulate the successes and say hi to the new joiners.

Didn't get to sleep til late because my son (16) got and electric guitar yesterday:laugh: I didn't want to discourage his "playing" so I locked myself in my room! He usually buys video games with his money so I was very happy that he chose a musical instrument instead. - Ear plugs are definately in my future though:wink:

I am working hard to replace eating as my "go-to" coping mechanism. Old habits sure die hard.

Thanks for the ongoing support and friendship.

Heather (benson):heart:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Heather (Benson)-

Good luck with your son. He will probably tone down the practicing after a while, but I do hope he sticks with it.

Heather (Ontario) - I like your doctor's advice. I had heard that 80% of the people who excercise with their dog are successful with their excercise program. Just think of all the dogs that could get a home that way.

I'm nervous today. My daughter finally got approval from our health plan to get an MRA on her right hip. Turns out her preschool dance teacher was correct when she recommended a gait evaluation when she was 4. Ten years of being picked on and teased for how she runs and ten years of being the last one ever picked in gym class or any sport. She fell 2 years ago and actually landed on a big sharp rock (on that right hip) and it never healed. If I'm late today they will make us reschedule. I just hope I don't eat 2,000+ calories from my nerves. I hope that using food like that is a think of the past. but today is the real test. This is the most stress I have feld since starting my diet and joining MFP.

Happy Friday all and may we all make good choices today!

Jeannie
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I seem to be having trouble getting back in to my exercise routine since my trip to NM. Yesterday I slpet in and didn't do much of anything all day. Just got back form walking the dog. Now its on to strength training. I'd rather be napping!