Tried to eat more it does not work

Options

Replies

• Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I hope this thread gets locked and deleted before someone reads it and decides it's a good idea. You're netting negative calories some days. Where do you think your body is getting the energy to keep your brain functioning? Hint: Every scientific article in the world says that it isn't from fat. If you know better, write an article and claim your nobel prize.
  • EllaA26
    EllaA26 Posts: 48
    Options
    Actually, I am curious how you are determining your calorie burn from exercise - specifically the 30 day shred? When I did it (level 3) and seriously pushed and used a heart rate monitor, I maxed out my calorie burn at 200-225, which is a lot for a 25 minute circuit dvd. Your diary says you burn 420 and do that 3x a day?

If you are not logging calories accurately, and then try to eat more, then you will slow down your progress.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    If your body gets used to eating so little, what do u think will happen when you start eating normal again? Not going to be able to maintain just gain! good luck on your journey and hopefully you can become a healthier you!

I was eating only around 500 calories before so l am eating lots more and my body is happy now with this amount everyday.

I tried to eat more and l just would be sick in the tummy with pain as l was putting to much food in my body. I will not be doing that any more.

ultimately this is YOUR goal and YOUR challenge and YOUR life, you definitely need to do what you think is best for YOU. A 2000 calorie diet is what the average person should consume, that is what all nutrition labels are based on, sometimes that is not even enough.
    Before you blow everyone off I would consult a physician to ensure you are doing what’s right and healthy for your plan and diet. No use in losing all that weight just to get sick.

Thanks l have seen my local physician and he agrees that l am to be on 1200 calories a day and workout at least for 1 hour a day but l do workout more because of my busy life.

My doctor told me the same thing, I chose not to listen to her and ate about 1700 cals a day, I lost a lot of weight doing this. What made me mad is that after losing all this weight she would still tell me to eat 1200 calories :mad:

I was told once that unless a Doctor chooses the field of practicing weightloss, regular studies for Doctors on weightloss adds up to very little, meaning they just follow the same old rules of thumb of eating less to lose weight. They haven't begun to explore the new theories, of fueling ours bodies to lose weight.
  • Loseweight1980
    Options
    Okay, so don't eat back your exercise calories and don't eat enough for your body to do it's job. Why are you even posting about it then? Is eating too little working for you? Fabulous. Continue starving yourself then.

Ok, l will then thanks for that one..But l am not starving like you say l am.

You are actually. And though you might see "good" results right now, in the future, too few calories is nearly always associated with too few nutritents. This can lead to osteoporosis, early onset Alzheimer's, dementia, heart disease, all sorts of terrible maladies.
  • trishharrington1
    trishharrington1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I believe it's not the calories but the makeup of those calories. You need to eat high protein, low carb (no bad carbs). That should boost your metobolic rate. And, you shouldn't be hungry. I've been very successful at it.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
    Options
    Why should you not eat such a low deficit of calories even though you are currently losing weight?

Because the short term weight loss isn't worth the long term possible health issues.

I would rather be healthy, eat enough, and it take a bit longer then put my health at risk.

Seems simple enough.
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    If your body gets used to eating so little, what do u think will happen when you start eating normal again? Not going to be able to maintain just gain! good luck on your journey and hopefully you can become a healthier you!

The same thing that happens to everyone that goes back to eating like they used to. Does not matter how you got lower in weight, if you go back to what you were doing, you will get those same results. And there are PLENTY OF PEOPLE that lost weight slowly and put it all back on.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, I have lost like you did, and I gained it all back over 9 years. Why? Because then I was starving my body of what it needed. I was never hungry, but I was starving. Will you lose weight? Yeah, will you have ill effects over time? Probably.

This is not an attack, this is just some one who did the same thing and is back.

Take care of yourself, the weight will come off in time.
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    Goodbye muscle mass....hellloooo skinny fat
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Honestly, why bother trying to drill this stuff into peoples heads? Most of these women who refuse to eat more than like 500 calories a day are stubborn and will not listen.
    Society has drilled it into our heads that we have to basically starve ourselves to lose weight and be healthy, which is total bullcrap.

If she doesn't want to listen to good, healthy, advice, don't force it on her. Let her starve.
  • s0ready
    s0ready Posts: 99
    Options

I was eating only around 500 calories before so l am eating lots more and my body is happy now with this amount everyday.

I tried to eat more and l just would be sick in the tummy with pain as l was putting to much food in my body. I will not be doing that any more.

you need to gradually start adding more calories, not all at once. One week add 100 calories, next week add another 100, and so on until you are on the right track!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Honestly, why bother trying to drill this stuff into peoples heads? Most of these women who refuse to eat more than like 500 calories a day are stubborn and will not listen.
    Society has drilled it into our heads that we have to basically starve ourselves to lose weight and be healthy, which is total bullcrap.

If she doesn't want to listen to good, healthy, advice, don't force it on her. Let her starve.

Agreed, I find it quite funny that people don't heed the advice of people that have been there done that. So that being said I will continue to eat back my exercise calories which currently is allowing me to eat 3200 calories a day and I will continue to lose a pound a week on avg... Best part is I know that I have no chance of being skinny fat at the end of this weight loss.....
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options

The same thing that happens to everyone that goes back to eating like they used to. Does not matter how you got lower in weight, if you go back to what you were doing, you will get those same results. And there are PLENTY OF PEOPLE that lost weight slowly and put it all back on.

Just to be CLEAR I did not say go back your habits but eating normal! meaning healthy and clean - at a maintenance level - not junk or fast food and sitting on the couch!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You might not feel hungry, but looking at your diary, you are more than likely malnourished.
    GLWYWLJ. You obviously don't want advice.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Okay, so don't eat back your exercise calories and don't eat enough for your body to do it's job. Why are you even posting about it then? Is eating too little working for you? Fabulous. Continue starving yourself then.

Well, I guess maybe she should just eat more and pile the weight back on eh.

It doesn't work for her doing it that way.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I've just checked your diary - I'm not sure why you think you are eating more.

Some days you aren't even netting 500 calories.

Go to reports, nutrition, net calories - it's the net calories that should be over 1200, you are way under.

This^^ . You're eating too little so your body may be storing fat.

How can it store fat when she will be using that for energy to compensate for her deficit?
  • Shaysuki926
    Shaysuki926 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Of course you'll lose something when you eat less and work out more but it's not good for you and you WILL gain it ALL back when you eat normal again. Your body will start to eat itself. Do some research and find the websites that calculate how much you should be eating and exercising a day for weight loss.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

What I want to say to you, will get me in trouble b/c you'll complain, and I'll get an infraction.

So just imagine what I'd call you.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options

ultimately this is YOUR goal and YOUR challenge and YOUR life, you definitely need to do what you think is best for YOU. A 2000 calorie diet is what the average person should consume, that is what all nutrition labels are based on, sometimes that is not even enough.
    Before you blow everyone off I would consult a physician to ensure you are doing what’s right and healthy for your plan and diet. No use in losing all that weight just to get sick.

Thanks l have seen my local physician and he agrees that l am to be on 1200 calories a day and workout at least for 1 hour a day but l do workout more because of my busy life.

I would discuss this with a dietitian, not an MD. Go to the people that specialize in a particular area. Doctors aren't gods; they don't know everything.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Looking at the last few days of your diary you eat too little and what you do eat is highly processed and/or junk food. Your dinners with the chicken and veggies look good, but you need to get more of that throughout the day. There is a lot going good in your diary, you're just not getting enough to fuel all that exercise you're doing. At the rate you're working out, you shouldn't be eating under 2,000 calories a day. Work hard, eat hard (and eat clean). I think you're still under eating for your activity level and that's the reason you're stalled. You're slowing down your metabolism by not eating enough, so you're not losing any weight or doing your body any favors by thinking that reducing further will do any good.