If it fits in my daily calories...

Options

Replies

• jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I think the more accurate (for me anyway) is 'if it fits my macro's'. I believe there's actually a whole school of thought around the IIFYM way of eating.

I don't restrict anything from my diet.. I just wouldn't get very much KFC for my daily macro's if I started there, so I'd be pretty hungry that day. You learn which foods you can get more of for the calories pretty quickly! ;)

Jay
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    It bothers me too. I do believe you can lose weight eating junk as long as you eat little enough of it, but it really drives me crazy when people don't care about their health. How can you not care about your own health or that of your family?

Exactly.

Context and dosage
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If I was to cut out EVERYTHING that kept me sane, the world would not be a safe place.

You carry on doing your thang, and we'll do ours. Just sayin'.
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If you reach in front of me and try to take away the cupcake I ate last night, or the wine I have most nights, or the chocolate i refuse to give up, or the ice cream that I like to indulge in, or the chicken strips that I inevitabley have once a week, or my burger and fries Fridays I will rip off your arm and beat you with the bloody stump . . . I protect these things like family.

PS - I have been very successful.

I'm with her. A calorie is a calorie, and if you're taking a multi-vitamin, you should be getting plenty of nutrients. I wouldn't advocate ONLY eating fast food and candy, of course, but a daily cupcake, glass of wine, and a weekly burger and fries is fine, if you're exercising and staying within your calories. "Cheats" like that are what makes it possible to stick with this, and not get discouraged.

Stay away from my Lucky Charms!!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Eating clean really isn't expensive. I feed a family of 5 on $150 or less per week.
    ---
    must be nice, sometimes me and hubby doesn't have $50 for the month for food after rent, lights etc and we don't qualify for food stamps
    alot of what we eat comes from the food bank which is ran by a local church ..

<backing back out the thread now>

Don't leave! You're 100% right! $150/week is A LOT of grocery money for two adults, two children and a breastfeeding infant. That you manage to make do with 1/2 the people on 1/12 the budget is admirable. If you can lose weight too, more power to you. You eat whatever you can get, okay?
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I think it sets a bad example for those starting out. It is one thing to make that decision once you've gotten a hold of what you are doing with your weight loss. But for those who haven't found that happy medium, it gives them the wrong impression. Do what you need to do but I don't think it needs to be bragged about.

You do realize the hypocrisy of your statement when you look at your log-in name? Hello - you are bragging about YOUR dietary choice in that.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am still lost on what the problem is with cheese burgers. Carbs=no problem. Protein =no problem. Fat=no problem. Veggies=no problem. WTF is wrong with cheeseburgers? What the hell is wrong with you that you think something is wrong with a cheese burger? What the hell is wrong with me that I bother posting on this thread?

That is all.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Eating clean really isn't expensive. I feed a family of 5 on $150 or less per week.
    ---
    must be nice, sometimes me and hubby doesn't have $50 for the month for food after rent, lights etc and we don't qualify for food stamps

*sigh*

Yeah. I've been in crappy situations too. I know how much it sucks. In no way was I bragging that we have tons of money. We have a monthly food budget of less than $100 per month per person. A lot of people cannot do that. A lot of people do not believe that organic can be affordable when in reality, it is often cheaper than fast food. That was my point. But thanks for making me feel bad for no damn reason when I was just trying to help others.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What the hell difference does it make to you what other people do? Does it somehow effect you? Or just make you jealous?

(I'll pretend I care....) As I munch on my 650 calorie shake with broken bits of waffle cone that I crumpled up and mixed in....

:) I still have 1,000 calories left for the day. And that's accounting for the TWO black bean brownies I plan to consume. I'll likely have a bowl of ice cream tonight too. Moose tracks. Mmmmmmmm.

I'm sorry--did I offend you by using curse words like shake, waffle cone, ice cream, and brownies? Nevermind; don't answer that. I don't really give a rat's *kitten*.

Last night, for supper, I had a hamburger on a potato roll. Scandalous.

Um, Wow. Why does the OP caring what other people eat upset you so much? Why do you care so much what she does, but expect her not to care what anyone else does?

I'm so not upset. I think it's *^&^%$*&^ hilarious that she has her panties in a wad with jealousy over people losing and still eating things that she has deprived herself of. I don't deprive myself... I eat what I like-just not so much that I'm still sitting at over 200 pounds, and I exercise, lift heavy, and most of all enjoy life--even foods that others think are so scandalous. Too bad some have so much trouble with that.

So, from this we are to believe that your panties are wad free?? Because I'll be honest, I sense some wadding.

Actually, I think it's just fun to razz the diary police and the "holier-than-thou because I eat clean and everyone else should eat clean too" thinkers. There's lots of them, and these threads just never get old. I like to tell them all the horrible, awful things I eat and still have success. It wads their panties up even tighter to see things like, shake, ice cream, cake, etc.

I LOVE IT!

I've always enjoyed pissing people off. Ask my siblings. :P

It's fun to razz the "I eat crap and lose weight" crowd sometimes too. They get so bent out shape when you suggest they give up their crap.
  • wifeygrooms
    Options
    LMBO!!!!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

Who are you to tell anyone else what it "should be about"?

That is the problem with people like you and the OP. You have your goals and your ways of doing things and think everyone should be just like you or they're wrong.

this.
    i never really started weight training to be healthy.

I like eating ****ty food. And I'm not going to deny myself pizza or ice cream or fast food so I can be "healthy". I work my *kitten* off in the gym, and walk 30 minutes a day, and I feel like that offsets it some.

Everyone has different goals. I cant achieve my goals by eating salads and consuming 2000 calories a day.
    I'd much rather be "unhealthy" and strong as a bull one day, than be "healthy" and weight 150 pounds.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    ---

*sigh*

Yeah. I've been in crappy situations too. I know how much it sucks. In no way was I bragging that we have tons of money. We have a monthly food budget of less than $100 per month per person. A lot of people cannot do that. A lot of people do not believe that organic can be affordable when in reality, it is often cheaper than fast food. That was my point. But thanks for making me feel bad for no damn reason when I was just trying to help others.

I don't think she meant for it to sound like you were bragging, but rather that she wished she had the same resources, or that's how I perceived it, anyway....
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Ok, I am still lost on what the problem is with cheese burgers. Carbs=no problem. Protein =no problem. Fat=no problem. Veggies=no problem. WTF is wrong with cheeseburgers? What the hell is wrong with you that you think something is wrong with a cheese burger? What the hell is wrong with me that I bother posting on this thread?

That is all.

Whether it's wrong or not is just an opinion, but there is more to food than macros.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options

not "original poster" but "original post" people are just soo ofended with her point of view... they even created a new thread about cheeseburgers bc they were soo against her point of view... I agree with her point of view and I know what you mean, I eat clean the entire month and once a month I will have a cheat day... I do it to keep myself sane b/c if I eat badly once a week I would freak...

This whole thread stinks of Food Issues. Calling foods "good" and "bad", "cheating", "eating dirty", passing judgment on others... I suggest some serious self reflection and possible conversations with a professional.

Food is food. It's not good or bad. Finding repugnance in the notion that others' efforts are unacceptable because of their food choices, despite their health and fitness achievements, warrants some introspection.

And if you can't muster the testicular fortitude to consider that your opinions may very well be colored by your own issues at least quit spouting off about it in public and making yourselves look like overbearing judgemental blowhards.

I :heart: you!

Me too!

so in love!:blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

not "original poster" but "original post" people are just soo ofended with her point of view... they even created a new thread about cheeseburgers bc they were soo against her point of view... I agree with her point of view and I know what you mean, I eat clean the entire month and once a month I will have a cheat day... I do it to keep myself sane b/c if I eat badly once a week I would freak...

This whole thread stinks of Food Issues. Calling foods "good" and "bad", "cheating", "eating dirty", passing judgment on others... I suggest some serious self reflection and possible conversations with a professional.

Food is food. It's not good or bad. Finding repugnance in the notion that others' efforts are unacceptable because of their food choices, despite their health and fitness achievements, warrants some introspection.

And if you can't muster the testicular fortitude to consider that your opinions may very well be colored by your own issues at least quit spouting off about it in public and making yourselves look like overbearing judgemental blowhards.

I :heart: you!

Me too!

Can we make it a 4-way?? :love:

The more the merrier! Four-way it is!
  • wifeygrooms
    Options
    If you don't want comments from people on what you eat, then why are you posting it on a public website?

You can comment but if it bothers you and upset you like it did this girl...Then stop looking into peoples diary..Mind your own damn business!!!!
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    ---

Don't leave! You're 100% right! $150/week is A LOT of grocery money for two adults, two children and a breastfeeding infant. That you manage to make do with 1/2 the people on 1/12 the budget is admirable. If you can lose weight too, more power to you. You eat whatever you can get, okay?

It really isn't a lot of money. It's usually less, but for this example we'll say $150 because a nice, round number. $150 divided by 7 days equals $21.43. That, divided by four people, since technically my baby isn't eating real food (but will be in about a month) is $5.36. That, divided by 3 meals is $1.79. $1.79 per meal, per person, per day. Of course, that's leaving out snacks...

My real point was that it isn't cheaper to eat fast food. Even that $2 cheeseburger by itself without tax is more expensive than any meal I make for my family.
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    ---

*sigh*

I don't think she meant for it to sound like you were bragging, but rather that she wished she had the same resources, or that's how I perceived it, anyway....

You're probably right.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

That is all.

Secretly cheeseburgers are actually very good for you. People like this are trying to run off everyone else so they can keep all the cheeseburgers to themselves.

Now we know...
  • NoAdditives
    Options

Eating clean really isn't expensive. I feed a family of 5 on $150 or less per week. The majority of what we eat is organic. The caveat is that our food is made from scratch. We don't buy convenience foods. I feed 5 people (I include my 3 month old because I'm breastfeeding and am eating about 3000 calories a day) on $21 a day max. It's not hard to eat organic if you plan your meals, budget and shop appropriately.

organic and clean aren't synonyms, ya know...

I didn't say they were.