If it fits in my daily calories...

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

I didn't say they were.

Sure sounds like you used them interchangeably.

Clean eating, from what I understand, is not eating processed foods. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables, cooking for yourself, etc. Eating organic can be a part of eating clean. Or am I completely off base?

totally my understanding, too... we must be confused.
  • dngortegae
    dngortegae Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not only that, but the rest of us have to read that and then it gets us thinking about cheeseburgers. Shame on that person!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I LOVE these holier than thou threads....
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I LOVE these holier than thou threads....

YOU KNOW SOME BIBLES SAY HOLIER THAN YOU- SO IMPLYING I STICK TO KING JAMES OLDE ENGLISH VERSION IS SO CLOSED MINDED

hahaha
    no really i love this too.
  • aolshove
    aolshove Posts: 5
    Options
    I LOVE pie.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    cleaner eating really doesn't cost more, at least in my experience, because I am getting full from the lean protein and buying no snacky foods for the house anymore. If I want chips, I'll buy a fun sized bag once in a blue moon as opposed to the family sized bag I used to buy all of the time for the house.
    There's a contradiction in your comment. How is buying a "fun sized bag" once in a blue moon going to be cheaper than buying a larger bag that is cheaper per unit?

and then
    Isn't it great how people twist words and meanings just so they can pick a fight when all you're doing is trying to offer a tip or suggestion? I love it.

lmfao
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I completely disagree with this. If it fits in my daily calories, I will eat it. I'm not out to become a vegetarian/vegan/paleo/super clean eater...whatever, I'm just trying to get to a healthier weight. Having a cheeseburger doesn't stop that from happening and it doesn't mean that I'm lying to myself, I know what my goals are.

It's strange to me when people get bothered by how or what OTHER people are eating.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Clean eating, from what I understand, is not eating processed foods. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables, cooking for yourself, etc. Eating organic can be a part of eating clean. Or am I completely off base?

You are correct. Many people here are misinformed and believe that "clean" eating means eating only healthy food all the time.
  • imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just put in my 'news feed':

"Love this diet- I just had a little bowl of peanuts and a package of (weightwatchers) crisps, and I am still a few hundred calories under my allowance! Hmmm... what else shall I munch on tonight.... ;)"

I have had a healthy porridge breakfast (240 calories) , soup for lunch (150 calories), snacked on pineapple and strawberries (100 calories) and a few plain crackers (40 calories) and had a lovely veggie chili (345 calories) for dinner, result; no hungry feeling throughout the day, but 500 calories left to eat in the evening. Even if I would just eat my minimum 1200 calories I would have 300 calories left to eat.

The way I make sure I eat my calories is by mixing some less healthy choices into my healthy diet. In my case peanuts (as a veggie these are great for protein) and crisps....However, if I would have fancied something from McDonalds I would have not felt guilty either.

You do have to make sure you eat enough calories, I would find that hard to reach by just eating healthy food, and lets be honest; isn't eating a few unhealthy things every day what makes a diet bearable?
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Im not gonna eat anything I shouldn't till I get to my goal. Dedication will get me results. The cheeseburger isn't going anywhere. You can eat anything you want when your kids dont have to worry about your breathing, etc. If it hurts, that means its addicting. Thats like saying a crackhead should be able to splurge on crack "every once in a while". Most of us are un-healthy. Lets do this. Put the burger down!!!!

1) You need food to live, you don't need crack to live. Very different "addiction".
    2) "I'm not gonna eat anything I shouldn't till I get to my goal"-- Good idea. That's like saying a crackhead should go through rehab and then reward themselves with a nice binge on crack ;)
    3) That beer in your picture sure does look tasty.

The beer is why I am fat. Thats my motivational pic. Im not gonna drink until I reach my goal. Just like the burger... lol

Ah yea, while you're depriving yourself, I'll drink a beer for you(and continue losing weight).

Drink one for me. Someone's gotta drink em. People can't get away from thier cheeseburgers and beer just for a little while to lose some weight. lol. What are you even on here for? Something else... I'll be focused in the meantime. I used to use so many of the excuses that Ive read today from so many people. Did it for 10 years. Just glad im not in denial that im fat. Enjoy your beer. Cheers.
    Options
    Im not gonna eat anything I shouldn't till I get to my goal. Dedication will get me results. The cheeseburger isn't going anywhere. You can eat anything you want when your kids dont have to worry about your breathing, etc. If it hurts, that means its addicting. Thats like saying a crackhead should be able to splurge on crack "every once in a while". Most of us are un-healthy. Lets do this. Put the burger down!!!!

1) You need food to live, you don't need crack to live. Very different "addiction".
    2) "I'm not gonna eat anything I shouldn't till I get to my goal"-- Good idea. That's like saying a crackhead should go through rehab and then reward themselves with a nice binge on crack ;)

The beer is why I am fat. Thats my motivational pic. Im not gonna drink until I reach my goal. Just like the burger... lol

Ah yea, while you're depriving yourself, I'll drink a beer for you(and continue losing weight).

Drink one for me. Someone's gotta drink em. People can't get away from thier cheeseburgers and beer just for a little while to lose some weight. lol. What are you even on here for? Something else... I'll be focused in the meantime. I used to use so many of the excuses that Ive read today from so many people. Did it for 10 years. Just glad im not in denial that im fat. Enjoy your beer. Cheers.

Its AWESOME that you can give it up and are doing so to lose weight - kudos to you! I will answer your question - I am NOT here to lose weight, in fact I came to GAIN weight and now maintain, bulk, then cut again, in other words - training. I just like to keep my macros and calories in check for myself.

Best of luck on your journey, sir! :bigsmile:
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I think it sets a bad example for those starting out. It is one thing to make that decision once you've gotten a hold of what you are doing with your weight loss. But for those who haven't found that happy medium, it gives them the wrong impression. Do what you need to do but I don't think it needs to be bragged about.

Who cares if it sets a bad example? We are not children here looking for diet role models. Everyone needs to do their own research and reach their own conclusions about what's best for them. Weight loss is a totally selfish act, and everyone should be doing it for themselves and themselves only. If someone wants to brag about eating two 600-calorie cheeseburgers for their daily food intake and how they're still losing weight, you can still take some superior satisfaction knowing that it is probably ravaging their vital organs, but I don't think it needs to be posted about.
  • Billywoo
    Options

I think if you can't control yourself with beer and still lose weight, you may have other problems that MFP can't help you with.

I think most people here can have a burger once a month or once a week and then be good to go.

I gained the weight in my early 20's but thank you for trying to call me an alchoholic... Its ok, you tried.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Here's my question: are you going to give up cheeseburgers and beer for the rest of your life? Because if not, there's really no point in completely depriving yourself now. Learn how to incorporate indulgences into your normal, healthy diet so that you can maintain a healthy weight while still enjoying treats once in a while.
  • Billywoo
    Options

Its AWESOME that you can give it up and are doing so to lose weight - kudos to you! I will answer your question - I am NOT here to lose weight, in fact I came to GAIN weight and now maintain, bulk, then cut again, in other words - training. I just like to keep my macros and calories in check for myself.

Likewise. It seems like you really know what you want. Best of luck!
  • Billywoo
    Options
    Ok, I am still lost on what the problem is with cheese burgers. Carbs=no problem. Protein =no problem. Fat=no problem. Veggies=no problem. WTF is wrong with cheeseburgers? What the hell is wrong with you that you think something is wrong with a cheese burger? What the hell is wrong with me that I bother posting on this thread?

That is all.

Secretly cheeseburgers are actually very good for you. People like this are trying to run off everyone else so they can keep all the cheeseburgers to themselves.

Now we know...

This is the best thing ive read today!!
    Options

Likewise. It seems like you really know what you want. Best of luck!

yes sir, I do and I'm going for gold, and thank you kindly! :smile:
  • Billywoo
    Options

Here's my question: are you going to give up cheeseburgers and beer for the rest of your life? Because if not, there's really no point in completely depriving yourself now. Learn how to incorporate indulgences into your normal, healthy diet so that you can maintain a healthy weight while still enjoying treats once in a while.

I booked a cruise for mid June so I decided in February that starting in March I would go full force dedication to weight loss. I will eat that burger in June. Trust me I would like a beer and a burger as much as the next person. I will do that when im maintaining my weight. Just not before my goal. I can go without a burger and a beer for two more months. The only thing that I promise, is that I will not eat as bad as I did because I don't want to end up here again. Thanks for the chat. Good luck with your success!
  • vgutsal
    vgutsal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Organic may in some instances be cheaper than McDonalds, but on $25/person/mo, you can't eat organic OR clean. It's that simple.

Where I live organic is rarely cheaper than McD, except what I grow myself. But healthy foods bought at the grocery or farmer's market is cheaper. And I can buy ingredients for ANY food sold at McD and make a bigger version of for the same or less money. Anyone that says fast food is cheaper than home prepared food is wrong. I now have plenty of money for food. That's not meant as a brag, it is simply true. But when I was a young single mother I could rarely afford fast food or pizza or prepackaged desserts. The only way to feed my family back then was to prepare meals because it is cheaper.

Where I live, in NYC - where cigarettes are 15.00 a pack and coke is $3 for a 20 oz bottle and a Whopper combo is $8.00 with the small fries and drink... and there is an obesity tax on unhealthy food.... I eat like a princess on almost no money. I can spend $40 for the month and feel like Im rich! There are farmer's markets, organic places, local food centers, and healthy food is tax free.

My 'fast food' is lamb on a pita with lettuce, or soup dumplings, or a kebab.
    If I want a cheeseburger... I grind up the meat, cook it seasoned the way I want it, throw it on a whole wheat bun with farmers cheese and ketchup and locally made mustard and fresh pickles and onions and mushrooms and you better believe I love the **** out of it and appreciate what it took to make it, and how good it tastes melting in my mouth.
    My dinners, with free range chicken, fresh vegetables and homemade bread- run about $2.25 each meal.

If you aren't scared to cook.
    If you aren't scared to look.

Healthy is WAY cheaper.