why do you only accept males or females as friends on MFP?

Options

Replies

• loseweightjames
    Options
    I accept both, but am picky about male friends I accept. Many men around here are douche canoes.

agreed

absolutely. NO we don't want pics of your c*ck. unless we ask for it specifically.

wait.... seriously some guy on here sent you pics of his c*ck?
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem w either, except in 1 case. Some chick accepted ev1, then promoted voting for her on some site to get her in some pictorial deal or sumthn, then right after the voting she cuts all the supposed guy friends - that was kinda cheap :grumble:

I would have called bull**** the moment they started plugging something like that
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I accept both but seem to only get FR from females. I guess I don't show enough T&A...
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Males must be funny or hot, girls must show boobs, or know how to build PCBF.

These are not hard and fast rules, but apply to most when evaluating new friend requests.
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I accept both, but am picky about male friends I accept. Many men around here are douche canoes.

I am not a douche canoe! I am a cleansing kayak!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem w either, except in 1 case. Some chick accepted ev1, then promoted voting for her on some site to get her in some pictorial deal or sumthn, then right after the voting she cuts all the supposed guy friends - that was kinda cheap :grumble:

you promised not to tell..... :laugh:
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I reject all invites because I am only here with my fiancee. Have enough friends in the "real" world.
  • FrostyFour
    FrostyFour Posts: 262
    Options
    I just haven't had any men ask to be friends.

You know, when women go on the internet, they get flooded with men who are hoping for some benefits. Actually, that happens off the internet, too. Made my life really rough when I went to barber school and was the only girl. Some women just get tired of that.

Not saying all men are like that, but I could see how some women would see it that way.
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there was something other then males or females! Hmmm
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    don't take it personal. I'm not here to social network, I'm here to get and stay healthy. Men's goals are just far too different from mine. I need practical support and advice that I can use, not comments about how I look in my pictures. That's why I stick to lady friends, and specifically lady friends with similar proportions.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

I am not a douche canoe! I am a cleansing kayak!

^^WIN :bigsmile:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I accept both but you have to have a message in your friend request. I do not get the same respect though. I think there are def a lot of guys who are afraid to add guys and/or they are collectors of woman. Whats funny is that when I first started I was called a collector because woman kept adding me. So I had to venture out and get my Dog pack!! WOOF WOOF
  • cllovesdw4eva
    Options
    I guess this is pretty much directed at the married or seriously involved women that state that they dont need male interaction. I thinks its probably a good idea to be honest. I probably wouldnt have wanted my wife to feel the need get encouragement/interaction from a guy that wasnt in her life before me - that should be my role more than anyones.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone, now weather I KEEP everyone may be a different story......:)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't ignore users on MFP. Who will I make fun of on my wall?
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    For some women (or men), there's always the temptation to cheat so if women keep only women friends, then the temptation is removed in that setting. I personally feel that if I'm on a website that's private to me (meaning my husband isn't a part of that community - he has absolutely no desire to ever be on MFP) then it's out of respect to him that I don't keep guy friends so he doesn't have to have any cause for worry. His first wife cheated on him with a co-worker without his knowledge, and I have no desire to even encourage those doubts.

There's always the TMI angle too. I'm WAY more comfortable asking advice from women friends about women problems than I am if I have guy friends on board. I don't think you really want to give me advice on Aunt Flo. ;)

Either way, it's that person's personal journey and they need to do what's best for them. That's what this site is all about. :)
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

you promised not to tell..... :laugh:
    Haha, there's a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. You're doing it the right way Bry! :wink:
  • jellybuby
    jellybuby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I add and accept everyone who updates regularly and is trying to lose weight.. they just don't accept or add me :cry:
  • chandra38
    chandra38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    For me, personally, I honor my husband by not "friending" males that i don't know on MFP. I have male friends on FB, but they are mostly guys that we both know. I met my husband online, so I know how one thing leads to another, and I just don't want to even open the door for that kind of stuff. Does that make sense?