why do you only accept males or females as friends on MFP?

Options

Replies

• Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    troll says what?
    you keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means
    Wait....so you mean trolls aren't just people saying things you don't want to hear?!? I need a new interwebz dictionary.....
  • jennapony
    jennapony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I accept friend requests from everyone including but I rarely add men myself.

I simply feel I will have more in common in my journey with another woman than I would with a man and therefore am more inclined to seek out female friends.

No men added me for a very long time and I only had women on my friends list. The 2/3 weeks when I had my profile picture of me in a bikini is when 90% of my male friends added me. The other 10% were after my post about beer.

But that is probably just a coincidence

No insult to any of my guy friends none of you have been a creep in the slightest :wink:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    troll-b-gone.jpg
  • jennapony
    jennapony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    troll says what?
    Wait....so you mean trolls aren't just people saying things you don't want to hear?!? I need a new interwebz dictionary.....

Now not to be a know-it-all but if I remember my playschool teachings correctly, a troll is a giant creature that lives under a bridge and tries to eat people and goats:tongue:

I could be wrong though it's been a long time
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I think its because they are controlled by their other partner...or insecurity

Honestly they make me laugh....cause they are probably that boring and I dont want them as friend with their closed minded selves.

On a better note....Where the F#@K is the bacon?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    I think its because they are controlled by their other partner...or insecurity

Honestly they make me laugh....cause they are probably that boring and I dont want them as friend with their closed minded selves.

On a better note....Where the F#@K is the bacon?

Scroll up for bacon bra...
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    So if someone doesn't like you, they are a "troll"? Got it. Although I'm probably now on "ignore". Pretty soon OP will have no one to talk to.
    Personally I think there should be a ticker displaying how people "ignore" you. That's a badge of honor for me.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    To attract men all you have to do is dress your body with bacon instead of clothes.

2337430825_715f1e1c7e_z.jpg?zz=1

I love this picture :smokin:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

Here is one minus the possible salmonella:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6mC8Rpu2Q2bVe4wLkmab2MEQy2FCGbQ9kPgHSHsT5oAF6R6g9
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    becasue us females are so hot we dont need you men messing with our weighloss and hotness, Duh. :wink:
    We're friends which means...I...am...a...girl?

Binary...clearly nothing I post ever has any truth.

Besides always knew you were girl..
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    troll says what?

Inconceivable!
  • Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options
    douche canoes...I like that!
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I accept friend requests if there is a message attached and the guy doesn't seem like a creep :smile:

I've got some really motivating MFP friends who are men, but I've also had requests saying "hey sexy add me i luv ur pics" or some crap like that, and when you're in a relationship it would make you feel deceitful to accept requests or reply to mails like that, I'd feel I were being disrespectful to my boyfriend!

That is only a small minority of the men on here though. Most people are here for health/fitness or weight loss...not to flirt or hook up, which is a good thing :smile:
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

Here is one minus the possible salmonella:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6mC8Rpu2Q2bVe4wLkmab2MEQy2FCGbQ9kPgHSHsT5oAF6R6g9

=( dang that salmonella it's no good if I can't eat the bacon.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I accept both, but am picky about male friends I accept. Many men around here are douche canoes.

I have heard "douche (fill in the blank with many words), but not never have heard canoe. :)
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I add whoever is going to help motivate me. I typically do not add a lot of males becuase I have, from experience on here (and I've only been on here for a few months) had guys try to hit on me by adding me as a friend and that is not what I'm here for.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I accept all kinds (men or female), but I do delete after 20 to 30 days of inactivity. OR I can't handle what they are talking about (suicide, ED, etc). I am supportive to everyone as long as they are supportive of me.
  • newfiechick61
    newfiechick61 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    amazing! hehe
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I didn't accept male requests at first - and even some female requests. (Usually without messages).

Why? Because several years ago I was unfortunate enough to be followed by an internet stalker. This man found my phone number, and everything. The situation has been dealt with and all, but I'm very wary of the internet. Even MFP.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I accept male/female and all ages. It's great to get different perspectives.