Why do women wear makeup?

Options

Replies

• bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I personally think you look better without the makeup. I dont wear it either, feel fake!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Right!! Men don't even know what natural is. I had on a full-face of makeup foundation and all and I listened to my male friend go on and on about how he was so glad I didn't have makeup on the other day!! The only thing that I was missing literally was colored lipstick (opted for nude) and eyeshadow (just used concealer to highlight my brow line and eye lid. I had even filled in my brows with a little powder. He almost hit the floor when I had him touch my face and he rubbed a little foundation off.

We so stupid. Either way is fine. When you have make up on your on the prowl, grrrr lioness. When you don't have the makeup on its kitten time, meow.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I don't even know how to put on make up. LOL
    I wear eye liner sometimes and that is about it!
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Right!! Men don't even know what natural is. I had on a full-face of makeup foundation and all and I listened to my male friend go on and on about how he was so glad I didn't have makeup on the other day!! The only thing that I was missing literally was colored lipstick (opted for nude) and eyeshadow (just used concealer to highlight my brow line and eye lid. I had even filled in my brows with a little powder. He almost hit the floor when I had him touch my face and he rubbed a little foundation off.

So true. I have two makeup looks--natural w/less eye makeup or a lot of eye makeup. Even the "natural" is WITH makeup. My mom was a southern belle and always went out of the house with makeup and hair done. I do as well...I feel more polished and have more confidence. I also wear it because I enjoy makeup lol. I like finding new products. That being said, I've always worn more neutral colors.

Whether you wear make up or not, the end result should be YOU feeling confident.
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I think I look beautiful both ways and I get hit on regardless. My presence commands it no matter what i wear. The difference between no make-up and make-up for me = beautiful and beautiful-er. It's all in how you carry yourself. I'd post a pic but I have NO idea how.
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Without makeup:
    9247166_1524.jpg
    With:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjIkRYmB1V20uK9RvupqR5SHbX1umkTQMb_QqLBySh7dXbsIW2DnYYfLhm

j/k - I wish I could look like Angelina with makeup :) My glasses make any eye makeup magnified and just looks fake to me.

FUNNIEST THING EVAR!!!!!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Without -- mind you I just finished my first sprint Tri and am about 20lbs heavier

DSCN0464.jpg

With -- usually I just wear light eye makeup. Nothing too crazy. BUT I didn't even wear makeup until I was a senior in college. Not really sure why, just didn't feel like doing it. But now I almost always will wear a little concealer (I have dark eye circles. ugh) and some mascara/eyeshadow.

after.png
  • Natalie182
    Natalie182 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I dont wear too much make up but i dont like my skin and i have rosey checks! Also eyes look better with mascara!

me on holiday - no make up - stupid face
    Clipboard01.jpg

me with make up a few days ago
    Image0100.jpg

Sorry for massivee pictures!
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Also, for me, there is some truth to the fact that girls wearing makeup tend to get more attention. I prefer girls that wear makeup and check them out all the time.
  • Zicon
    Zicon Posts: 27
    Options
    Most days I wear no makeup at all, nor do I use any kind of skincare unless my skin is screaming for it. That line the lady in the beauty shop gave me about how everyone's skin need moisturiser, every day? Ox feces.

When I do wear makeup, it's for one of two reasons:

1) My face has the occasional day where it's just drained of colour. I don't know why, but on some days I'm just extra super pale. The visible veins in my face double, the circles under my eyes become obvious, and my lips become as pale as my skin and just vanish. Being a natural blonde does nothing to improve this, either; I look like a ghost. Putting on a little something to bring some colour back means I don't do a doubletake when I see myself in the mirror, and people don't give me worried looks on the bus.

2) Colour, colour, COLOUR! I crave colour! I want to make something pretty and weird and wonderful! I want to paint giant butterflies around my eyes! I want bright blue lips! I want to make strange art and today makeup is my medium of choice! The makeup I do on days like this is obviously not "wearable", and would only be acceptable in night clubs or fancy dress parties, neither of which I go to. Unless the makeup is extreme, I will probably wear it outside, anyway. Even if it's the middle of the day.

My nails get occasion 2 far more often than my face. Doing fancy nails is far more time-consuming than painting my face, but it lasts longer, and random strangers are less inclined to give me their unasked-for opinion about nails. Ideally these strangers would keep all their tut-tutting to themselves, but as long as they won't, I have to limit the amount to what I can handle without becoming homicidal.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    The power of makeup.

153o45h.png
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    i do so i don't look like a man.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    obviously to look better.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    No makeup:

hair_purple.jpg

Makeup:

me_0711.jpg

I tend to wear makeup that's more natural looking. My husband likes me with or without. If I have a nice tan on my face then I only wear eye makeup to work otherwise I put on foundation as well if I'm not as tan.
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    no makeup...
    248209_2155614494636_1374677461_2492713_6657446_n.jpg

makeup....
    550401_3638225318980_1374677461_3419875_1293131298_n.jpg

0032.jpg

I wear makeup about 40% of the time..I do feel prettier in it but I don't feel like i "need" it It's just something I like to do!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Make-up is just fun. I like to put it on when going out with a group because it's fun to get read as a group, when I'm getting ready alone I'm less likely to doll up.
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    No Makeup = No “Attention”

Nomakeup.jpg

Makeup= “Attention”

Makeup.jpg

I suppose I don't have natural beauty. :(

I actually think you look better in the first pic because you look happier...
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I love Mac makeup. I find cheaper ones don't look good, but once I put my MAC on I feel like a different person. I just feel better in myself, its not for anyone elses sake. Some people are saying its because of other women, that's not true at all for me. I get comments ' are you ok?'. 'Are you tired?' Without it, so I must look better with it! X
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    I wore ZERO makeup until high school. Then I was goth girl and wore black lipstick, mascara, eyeliner... lol... the "why" of that was because I wanted to be rebellious in a garish and yet not freakishly insane sort of way. (Went so far as to dye my hair black with red streaks once!) Then I went back to zero makeup around the time that I started wearing glasses regularly (about... 10 years ago, though I'd had a prescription for 3 years prior). I then grew up a little more and adjusted to light foundation/concealer (I get bad dark circles no matter what I do), mascara and lip gloss...

I also recently got contacts, which rocks because I can now wear non-prescription sunglasses (but I do feel like less of a nerd :laugh: ), so it changes my entire self-image. I do wear the glasses some days, or on evenings when I don't feel like wearing the contacts any longer.

(reminding myself to get some pics up, lol.)