Why do women wear makeup?

Options

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I have been a makeup junkie ever since I got a Blondie record as a kid... I love it! I love creating new looks but I mainly stick to a natural/neutral look while playing up my eyes. I will not leave the house without at least tinted moisturizer and mascara!
  • L33TBl0nde
    L33TBl0nde Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    linemis2.jpg

linemis.jpg

epivness.jpg

This is me, I only use mascara - if men dislikes me for not using tons of makeup, they are not worth it..

I use mascara because I'm blond, therefore my eyelashes are VERY light and not noticeable... Otherwise, I never apply makeup.
  • smilingchica
    smilingchica Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Personally, I prefer women that do not wear any makeup.

omg, will you marry me... lol!!! I wear make up when I'm going out and that's about it. I don't wear it in my every day, even though I've been told I should by my girl friends. I do wear a red lipstick from time to time but get more attention from girls than guys when I do, haha .

NO Makeup, so 95% of the time:
    2012-04-05
    2012-04-05

Makeup:
    2012-04-05
    2012-04-05
  • Thesarahmonster
    Thesarahmonster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No Makeup:
    62883_433380411706_519276706_5593041_4716927_n-001.jpg

Makeup:
    15716_384384906706_519276706_4363627_2596049_n1-001.jpg

It totally changes how I carry myself. I don't wear it often, because usually I just like to be comfortable, but I do notice that when I wear makeup people... stare at me? Lol Idk. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    The only time I wear makeup is on my days off...which are pretty limited.

I have no problems being hit on..don't need make up for that.
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    I think every woman looks better with a little make up, its an accessory for your face. :)
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I don't go all out every day, and in the summer I hardly wear any. I do try to wear either lipstick or lip gloss because without it I look like I'm sick. You tell me...

Without:
    2012-02-25103836.jpg

and with:
    dec2007.jpg
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've never actually worm makeup, other than a tiny bit of mascara because of peer pressure. I kind of like fading in the background and not getting all the attention, so for me it's fine. :p Although I've always wondered what it'd be like to be in full on makeupmode and be pretty and stuff.
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I disagree...I do believe you have natural beauty!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The power of makeup.

153o45h.png

What is this sorcery!!?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I don't always wear make up and when I do it doesn't look like I'm wearing any. When I do a different eye color though I do get comments like "You're wearing make up!"

I really don't feel the need to wear it. The majority of the time I go out bare faced. Sometimes it's blush, mascara and lipstick. Sometimes I add eyeshadow and eyeliner.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    :heart: cute little ulzzang girls with their creepy eyes :heart:

3708113724_75ecae308e.jpg
  • ilvmykidz
    ilvmykidz Posts: 66
    Options
    No make up (me 99.9999 % of the time)

281341_2176555605734_1002175030_2623418_1988413_n.jpg

with make up usually just eyeliner and mascara (sorry it is the only one i could find with make up on)

254107_2054186426581_1002175030_2503775_2285569_n.jpg
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Without makeup:
    9247166_1524.jpg
    With:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjIkRYmB1V20uK9RvupqR5SHbX1umkTQMb_QqLBySh7dXbsIW2DnYYfLhm

j/k - I wish I could look like Angelina with makeup :) My glasses make any eye makeup magnified and just looks fake to me.
    This made me chuckle. :D For I second I just blinked and though daaaaang she cleans up goooood!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    As a guy, I never liked the whole make-up thing ... glad my wife chooses to use it rarely! :) ... I love her, not an image ... even perfume ... I mean if you want to wear deodorant, I get that, ok lol ... but I never got the other stuff ... I'm sure I'm weird, but that's just me ... to each their own! :)
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That's odd... I hardly ever wear makeup...
    Makes me feel like I have cake on my face... no matter how light the powder.

The only time I wear it is to cover a blemish...or if I am really "going out"!!

To each her own....
    I prefer o'natural...

As do i. Besides...i always forget that i have make-up on, when i do (which is rare). I happen to rub my eyes a lot and i always smear it.
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Eh, after all the other stuff we do to ourselves, makeup is like the final brush stroke to the master peice. I like subtle make up, personally, even out the skin tone, and add some mascara. But I appreciate how creative people get with it. I wear it cause I like to, and don't think about it more than that.
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    For one I look completely different with and without makeup. I'm going to see if I can find a picture of my without make up and hopefully I'll post a few pictures in a second

ETA:

I think this is no make-up to maybe a little...I am not wearing any eyeliner or eye makeup and for me that's something I have to have lol but I dont think this is really a good example lol but close enough

2lj3xb4.jpg

and with make up

208cvf7.jpg

You are so damn pretty!!! You certainly do not need make-up!
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I waited tables for 13 years. Days I didn't wear make-up, my tips were always SEVERELY effected. Take that as you will. I have no reason to explain it, and when I bring it up people either refuse to believe it, or come up with random theories.

Some days I'd wake up and not have time or just not be in the mood to paint my face, and I paid for it,, often in tens or hundreds less than I usually make in a day.

It's not a confidence thing. I behave the same in make-up, out of make-up, whatever my hair is doing, whatever I'm wearing. It has everything to do with first impressions and how other people percieve you. Apparently, if i don't wear make-up, I look like someone who either doesn't need or doesn't deserve the same tip you would give someone who had eyeliner on.

ALSO,

Tips were better if I bleached my hair or wore a blonde wig. Hair style or length didn't make a difference, but color made a huge difference. Tips aren't different from brunette to red, but blonde = CASH MONEY.

Tan level didn't make a difference either. Nor did eye color.

Yeah, I had lots of time to experiment on appearance vs tips in 13 years.

This totally makes sense. As sad as it is, it's true.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Profile pic is without make up..

This pic is with make up.
    422934_10150533555010899_584640898_9202389_723671147_n.jpg

(mascara, top eyeliner and face powder)